FIFA announces host cities for the North America 2026 World Cup - Page 8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: FIFA announces host cities for the North America 2026 World Cup

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,369 Posts
    I've been to KC one time and I'll say this, they're big into sports there.. Sporting KC is one of the most supported teams in the MLS. I remember back during the 2010 WC, Kansas City was at the top as far as viewership for US cities.
    I've also been to Arrowhead one time and it's a really nice stadium. Parking there is simple and there's a bunch of space around it.
    Only problem I have with Arrowhead is that it's not in the best part of the city.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,208 Times in 10,003 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedram88 View Post
    7 pages and no one has mentioned how come Las Vegas hasn't been selected..... its a shame they have the most modern stadium other than sofi
    people in Nevada leader are blind for withdrawing's their bids...... would of been a good turn out
    Las Vegas is one of the most overrated cities on earth.
    It's also scorching hot in summer.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nokhodi For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 7,853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somebuffguy View Post
    bro, your state's name rhymes with "misery". How great can K.C. possibly be?
    PSA for ppl not in the U.S., Kansas City is not in the state of Kansas, but Missouri.
    yep KC is right on border of Kansas and Missouri, Largely on the Missouri side. the name Kansas City make folks confuse the city with the State of Kansas (which indeed is largely a shithole, boring desert state) in fact over 75-80% of money and taxes generated in state of Kansas comes from the Overland Park region, which is considered a suburb of Kansas city..!
    here is a tweet from my nephew Alex who does a better job of explaining KC..!! lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    yep KC is right on border of Kansas and Missouri, Largely on the Missouri side. the name Kansas City make folks confuse the city with the State of Kansas (which indeed is largely a shithole, boring desert state) in fact over 75-80% of money and taxes generated in state of Kansas comes from the Overland Park region, which is considered a suburb of Kansas city..!
    here is a tweet from my nephew Alex who does a better job of explaining KC..!! lol
    arrowhead for sure
    world was amazed back n 94 with amount of big stadiums
    usa has.
    usa 94 wc was the the most successful wc evers.

by the way mexico city ztec stadims was awarded
    the final if 2026 wc
    if tm makes it I BE THERE.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kateb For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,137 Times in 2,219 Posts

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Team Melli Fan For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,269 Times in 594 Posts
    Heyfeh that las Vegas isn’t a host city. Allegiance stadium is world class and we are much more of an international city than KC

11. The Following User Says Thank You to arash123 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arash123 View Post
    Heyfeh that las Vegas isn’t a host city. Allegiance stadium is world class and we are much more of an international city than KC
    Agree 100%.. Vegas would've been a great option. Allegiant Stadium is arguably one of the best most modern stadiums in the world.

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by naderb94 View Post
    Agree 100%.. Vegas would've been a great option. Allegiant Stadium is arguably one of the best most modern stadiums in the world.
    Vegas is waaaaaay too hot and I am absolutely positive players would get into trouble. It is exactly because Vegas is such a dope place to hang out!

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    "The city boasts the best barbecue in the United States, a fact which is both fun and not up for debate."
    Now there's some midwest/southern humility for you

PFDC Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,137 Times in 2,219 Posts

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 153

You do not have permission to view the list of names.