Your starting line-up vs England - Page 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Your starting line-up vs England

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,650 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peiman92 View Post
    What's up with people having Shoja starting as RB? Pls don't tell me it's based on 20 minutes vs S.Korea...
    #1 moharami sucks
    #2 is beacauseof shja 30+ minute outstanding
    performnce against s.k and son

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    Ghoddos help in midfield will be more crucial than any marginal advantage ARJ gives us vs an opposing full back we all know he will never be able to outpace, even with half a pitch head start, if you want to argue for Allahyar you may have a point.

Ghoddos at CAM is really ghoddos at CM in defensive phase. 2 guys in center zone will be disaster for us, just like 442. We need to pack it in there. And more crucially, when we get the ball we need to have somebody on who can actually play through english press, win fouls, get us out of tight spaces so our defense gets some respite and we actually reach Taremi and Azmoun more than 3x a game. As we all saw vs Algeria, ARJ is not that guy (assisted algerias first goal) under pressure. Saman on the other hand is the only player on our roster who can do that vs top opposition.
    I understand your point on the 2 in cm, but I think with JB you still get more defensive tracking and effort compared with Ghoddos. The 3-4-3 i’m suggesting becomes more a 3-5-1 out of possession with JB and Taremi tucking inside like the advanced midfielders did under CQ.

In terms of breaking the press I also think Moharammi and Amiri’s calmness on the ball mean they are able to do this, particularly if they have more support on their flanks.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 532 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kateb View Post
    #1 moharami sucks
    #2 is beacauseof shja 30+ minute outstanding
    performnce against s.k and son
    He needs to be tested more.
    If he manages to start both friendlies in september and have good performances, then OK.
    Esteghlal 💙💙

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,451 Times in 1,577 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prowess View Post
    I think we should play 4-3-3 against England with Ezatollahi in the middle, Ghoddos as RCM, and Amiri as LCM
    This is the formation that I thought at first but now i think playing 4-3-3 agianst england is same as commiting suicide . We need to have 3 tall physical DF .

So shoja - kanani - hosseini.

and then we need to have 1 or 2 tall physical player infront of our Dfers
    So Ezatolahi - I think 1 is enough

Then we got omid ebrahimi who is like a tank, he could carry out deffensive and attacking work for us. If we can win the battle in in midfield then we can get a draw out of that game.

One thing is that we need players backing each other. Even during CQ we had players making stupid mistakes, but when they did , there was another player to clear up their mess. Iranian players always tend to make a mistake so the only way to over come this problem is to have another player tracking other players.

In game against algeria if we had another player tracking Noorafkan or majid hosseini then we would've not conceded 2 stupid goals. Again look at the position of Ezatolahi in both goals. Ezatolahi was miles away from hosseini and jahanbakhsh . Jahanbakhsh was forced to pass back where in reality if Ezatolahi was close to hosseini then jahanbakhsh would've targeted Ezatolahi instead of hosseini.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 6,717 Times in 3,099 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naderb94 View Post
    Replace Norollahi with Ebrahimi/Ghoddos.

Nourollahi will get absolutely obliterated by Englands attacking players.
    he won't. He does not like Ghoddos for some reason.
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Members who have read this thread : 130

You do not have permission to view the list of names.