Your starting line-up vs England

My line-up

- I don‘t care how many goals JB scores, defensively he is a liability
    - 3 CBs should be enough to provide cover for Amiri and Moharrami,
    we do not need wingers like Gholizadeh or JB who do not know how to defend
    - Azmoun in his Bayer Leverkusen role when he is on the pitch with Schick,
    Taremi and him can switch places in game
    - Allayahar has to be in the starting 11
    - Ghoddos could replace Ahmad Nour, or Amiri could switch to midfield later on

3415042F-44ED-4A0C-A58E-A6DA1EC7A768.png

Any line up with Noorafkan or Nourollahi cant and shouldnt be taken seriously

Comment

Replace Norollahi with Ebrahimi/Ghoddos.

Nourollahi will get absolutely obliterated by Englands attacking players.

Comment

This would only be for the England game. 2 DMs is a must.

Beiranvand
        Shoja Kanaani Majidi Amiri
        Ezatollahi Ebrahimi
        Allahayar Ghodoos Taremi
        Azmoun

Knowing Skocic and his love of Noorafkah, he will instead do something insane like this:

Beiranvand
        Moharrami Kanaani Shoja Noorafkan
        Ezatollahi Amiri
        JB Noorollahi Taremi
        Azmoun
        Last edited by Nokhodi; 06-14-2022, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Beiro

JB - Kanani - PAG - Majid - Milad Mo

Saman - Ezi - Amiri

Taremi - Sardar
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

If I was the coach, I would kick out the following players so far: 1. Noorafkan 2. Noorallahi 3. Sarlak and I will bench JB and Abedzadeh

Comment

If we dont go 5 at the back then sko isnt watching england at all. They struggle when faced with this system. Playing 4 at the back with our full backs is a disaster that HE will be responsible for, not the players. HE needs to choose a system that covers their weaknesses and gives them the best chance to succeed, not the opposite.

-----------------Beiranvand--------------

----Kanani---Pouraliganji---Majid Hosseini----

Moharrami---Ezatolahi--Ebrahimi---Amiri-----

-------------------Ghoddos--------------

----------Azmoun-----------Taremi-----

Off the bench:

allahyar for Sardar if we have a result to hold on to.

Mehdipour for Ghoddos

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                If we dont go 5 at the back then sko isnt watching england at all. They struggle when faced with this system. Playing 4 at the back with our full backs is a disaster that HE will be responsible for, not the players. HE needs to choose a system that covers their weaknesses and gives them the best chance to succeed, not the opposite.

Off the bench:

Mehdipour for Ghoddos
                I think is a fair assessment.

But, do you think TM is actually capable of 5 at the back? No on in Iran plays it, and I don't think any of our legionnaires play in such a system.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  I think is a fair assessment.
                  But, do you think TM is actually capable of 5 at the back? No on in Iran plays it, and I don't think any of our legionnaires play in such a system.
                  Yes I do. WE played this system vs bosnia and it was our best game under Sko. Ghoddos has extensive experience in this system, as does ARJ who can replace Moharrami at RWB (in my opinion that can be done vs Wales, Moharrami will be needed vs england). Azmoun played in similar formation his entire life under berdyev. Ezatolahi is familiar with this formation from vejle and time in Russia. Ebrahimi played in 2 man CM with this formation for Eupen. Moharrami has played RWB extensively for dinamo. And for our CBs all that happens with this formation is their lives individually get made a lot easier. That leaves just amiri and taremi who are our must tactically flexible players.

Mark my words, this team will be shat on if we expose our full backs vs england. Here they are today, struggling once again to 541/343 formation vs hungary. Mage ma ki hastim to line up 442 vs england

Not to mention, every single SS player has been playing 343 all season. So hosseinzadeh, Hardani, Mehdipour are all well adapted for it. Hardani can also be a good option for RWB slot throughout the 3 games, particularly as a sub to bring energy late on. Sadegh cannot play 3x90 mins in 2 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ocean View Post
                    My line-up

- I don‘t care how many goals JB scores, defensively he is a liability

[ATTACH]19157[/ATTACH]
                    So Azmoun and Taremi don't score and once again it's Jahabaksh who scores and you want to take him out?

I also don't agree that he's a liability defensively. His only major weakness is getting past his marker. ANd he's average in some other metrics,
                    but for TM he keeps scoring and, suprisingly, even defends reasonably well.

I just don't get this anti JB attitude!

Comment

Off the bench:

Mehdipour for Ghoddos
                      Just looking at your lineup looks so much more balanced with the players we have, as opposed to the formations Skocic uses.

I strongly support changing formations. That's one of the things friendlies should be for, not to keep the same underperformiung players in the same positions they underperformed in before!

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                        Just looking at your lineup looks so much more balanced with the players we have, as opposed to the formations Skocic uses.

I strongly support changing formations. That's one of the things friendlies should be for, not to keep the same underperformiung players in the same positions they underperformed in before!
                        its not about just randomly changing brother. Job of head coach: Choose system that minimizes weakness of your players, maximizes their strengths, and makes opposition uncomfortable.

Our weakness: LB, RB weak 1v1. CBs struggle if ran at with pace and isolated. These problems are alleviated in 5 man back line. The CBs cover the extra spaces, the full backs suddenly are rarely exposed 1v1, and we can include amiri in a problem position while still utilizing his midfield skills to our advantage. Moharrami is a way better RWB than he is RB. Same for Saleh Hardani. ARJ has played this position for Brighton with success before too, even vs Man city if I am not mistaken.

Our CMs struggle to cover ground, can get totally overran. Ezatolahi cannot and never has played in a 2 man midfield. Reason: Too slow. In a 3 man midfield he excels bc he can focus on defensive positioning, physicality, strong ball playing skills.

Our strength: Azmoun + Taremi. Weakness --> Getting them regular service. Solution: Ghoddos, obvious. Not only can he connect the play to them, he can also really help keep possession in midfield under pressure and give outlet to both the defenders and the DMs. Plus, he is physically transformed in England and can really help without the ball too.

England weakness: Breaking down low block, dealing with counter attacks and physically strong, smart CF players. They have weak defensive core. The CBs are error prone and not fast enough to play the open system they prefer. Mentally the whole team seems to hit a wall when confronted with these issues. The coach lacks personality to ensure they dont shit themselves.

Instead sko insists on lining our team up in a way that minimizes our strengths, exposes our weaknesses badly, and leaves our best players isolated and pissed off.

Comment

Line-up I want to see:

Pickford

Walker---Stones---Maguire---Shaw

Foden---Rice---Mount

Sterling---Kane---Grealish

Comment

Instead sko insists on lining our team up in a way that minimizes our strengths, exposes our weaknesses badly, and leaves our best players isolated and pissed off.
                            One sentence that captures the essence of TM's problems.

Comment

Off the bench:
                              Mehdipour for Ghoddos
                              Lineup is growing on me. Please swap out JB for Moharrami and I'm in.

Comment

Working...
                              X