Ferdosipour's New Show + Interview with Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    I wish we had more interviews like this in our football.

My general take aways:

- He's confirming what we all know, that IFF is useless.

- He insinuated that our losses to proper opponents were not huge problems. The first round qualification matches were "big games" and we managed to get results. ( Lol )

- he complains that young players aren't pushing hard enough which is absolute horseshit. Allahyar alone has more drive than half of the regular starters, but he's subbed on with 5 minutes left in a friendly.

- he's not happy with the midfield, but keeps inviting/playing the same players instead of trying something new.

- he rightfully doesn't invite Ramin and Vouria because of their defensive inabilities, but somehow Omid Noorafkan is considered good enough???

- He has contacts to set up friendlies, but didn't use them so far because it's the federation job to arrange it.

- Denied a lot of the rumours. Most of them were obviously false.

- Rates Beiro higher than Amir ( sigh ).

Overall it was nice to see him be given a chance to explain himself. Seems like an honest, respectful human. However not a single thing he said made me feel more confident about his coaching abilities.
    I think your analysis is correct. A lot of the stuff he says could easily be used to indict himself. AS you say, complains about certain positions but fails to recognize that the major issues are the people he is selecting there. The jibe at young players was also weird, allahyar and hosseinzadeh in brief cameos have showed they are more than deserving of more minutes, as was hardani in his 45 min appearance vs syria.

Comment

I feel sorry for him, with 0 support and these always iranian problems he cabt be blamed...

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
        wish he had spoken put long time ago to put some pressure on IFF before June.
        for me, yes if we can get CQ, go for it.
        no use changig to local coach aka Neku.. then sure go for sko.

In the end, im not impressed about TM gameplan, way we play and so on.. I just dont se it tacticaly.. good job getting us qualified, il give him that.
        never been so much confused about a coach.

but yeah, if cq is in there, get him no doubt, he knows the players and will have a easy transit.
        getting another foregin coach, not a good idea, getting local ones, i dont se it being a upgrade enough.

I agree. If we can get CQ, then let’s get him. He already has a strong understanding of the players and team. However, I don’t think it will happen, and it is fantasy at this point. Thus, it’s better to be reality oriented.

At my job, I’ve had new people work, who after a few months do not look impressive at all, but barely average. However, after some time, even taking 1 year, some of them turn into brilliant workers.

The point is: a coach is not too different than other jobs. They need time, familiarity, and in this case, more friendlies and preparation, before we can fully judge skocic as a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
          - He insinuated that our losses to proper opponents were not huge problems. The first round qualification matches were "big games" and we managed to get results. ( Lol )
          He said one of the issues that bothers him is that people say that they can't play/get results in front of South Korea or Algeria or they can't turn up in big matches.

According to him South Korea and Algeria aren't Iran's biggest matches, but rather against Iraq and Bahrain!

Comment

So he isn’t happy with our starting goalie, starting midfield, starting wing backs and our young players.

Edit - if he thinks there are flaws in certain areas then it is up to him as the manager to protect those areas. These are areas that have been exposed through the tactics that he has used - a good craftsman doesn’t blame his tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              - Our RBs and LBs don't really defend well or participate in defense. Ramin and Vouria were not invited because they're not good at defense.
              Definitely, agree Noorafkan is better at defense.

I hope he starts him against England, Wales, and USA!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                He said one of the issues that bothers him is that people say that they can't play/get results in front of South Korea or Algeria or they can't turn up in big matches.

According to him South Korea and Algeria aren't Iran's biggest matches, but rather against Iraq and Bahrain!
                what he clearly meant was that those bahrain and iraq games are what took us to the world cup and there was much more pressure on winning in those games then beating SK once we had comfortably qualified...

Comment

Originally posted by Rezzy View Post
                  what he clearly meant was that those bahrain and iraq games are what took us to the world cup and there was much more pressure on winning in those games then beating SK once we had comfortably qualified...
                  ... Or he is saying that because he lost those games

Comment

I'll sooner empty a bucket of water on my drive and listen to it dry than expose myself to this disgusting Croatian charlatan's attempts at trying to persuade the world he isn't grossly incompetent and hideously underqualified but let's make one thing clear here, I don't want to be seeing this line of defence gaining momentum after we get knocked around senseless by each of our 3 opponents at the world cup...

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                    I feel sorry for him, with 0 support and these always iranian problems he cabt be blamed...
                    The conditions are what they are but let's not start excusing the shameful excrement we're served up by this idiot as if his responsibility is diminished. Gholami at RB, Noora at CB, Nouro at CM, Sarlak within a 6 mile radius of the team hotel, these are not one offs, it's a campaign of terror that make Osama Bin Laden look harshly treated.

Comment

He was referring to the pressure and circumstances. He said all matches are important in response to Adel who said friendlies are no big deal. However he noted that round 1 matches were do or die following Wilmots. He also said he was not satisfied with Algeria match and they didnt even know till last minute when and where it would be played. Let's not twist his words.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

It was a painful one to watch! He mentions he took over a team that was below zero. Instead he should have been humble and said, "I took over a team which was morally below zero because of the two surprise losses against Bahrain and Iraq under Wilmoutz, and that when I took over this Iranian team I was well aware of the potential and quality of this team since Mr. Carlos Queiroz spent 8 long years built this from ground up and fought for this team". Being humble like this can gain a lot of respect for him from fans and even the players, BUT he is arrogant as expected. He blamed everyone BUT himself for any shortcomings the team has been facing. I guarantee you, if Carlos Queiroz or someone similar to him (charismatic, master tactician, world class football coach with international resume, the team wouldnt have experience Qatar camp, or all these lack of friendlies because world class coaches always have connections for desperate times. You guyes rememember how many times Carlos Queiroz saved our asses by managing EVERYTHING pretty much and YES its not his job but He did it anyways!! Ferdosipour asked all the right questions without getting personal because I know for sure he is not a big fan of Skocic and he was very professional despite recent drama. Even with 10 friendlies, we wont do jack with this coach. He is simply using our team to gain his wish, and that is to be in the World Cup. He does not have the mindset or the skills to be able to mentor and guide this team to success and qualify us to second round. He complains about certain positions and frustrated why team az lahazeh bazikon taraz nist tu bakhshayeh mokhtalef, its him as coach that should use the players and build a tactic that works the best. If he thinks we can go and play attacking open game football against England or even USA, he is fucking delusional! We can't defend worth of shit against these teams or any decent team in fact (KOREA AND ALGERIA) and played horribly as well.. Even Wales got a good team and with things being the way they are, we are gonna get our asses whooped!
                        sigpicVIVA K8RIMI

Comment

I am a bigger fan of Skokic than I ever was after this interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                            So he isn’t happy with our starting goalie, starting midfield, starting wing backs and our young players.

Edit - if he thinks there are flaws in certain areas then it is up to him as the manager to protect those areas. These are areas that have been exposed through the tactics that he has used - a good craftsman doesn’t blame his tools.
                            Then try to dig a pit with a spoon.

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
                              I am a bigger fan of Skokic than I ever was after this interview.
                              I am a bigger fan of England, Wales, and USA than I ever was after this interview.

Comment

I am a bigger fan of England, Wales, and USA than I ever was after this interview.
                                GFY Lickster jaan. GFY.

Comment

Working...
                                X