This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
    My bad bro, apparantly only Women's Internationals can have friendly matches on "3–11 October 2022" . I mixed up with ours.

Found the correct fixed dates given by fifa! So we can have a total of 6 friendly matches, 4 in june and 2 in september.
    In other words we need to setup 2 more friendly games. They have to be against european teams! At this point we should go for Estonia and Iceland!

Can‘t we play against a decent European Team like for example Croatia or Belgium right before the tournament begins in Qatar? If not then really fuck this Nations League

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
      Can‘t we play against a decent European Team like for example Croatia or Belgium right before the tournament begins in Qatar? If not then really fuck this Nations League
      Because we play on the first day, and the team is only together for a week before that, I doubt coaches would want a intense friendly right before the England game. Maybe a behind closed doors run about with a "weaker" team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
        Turkey, Tunisia, Panama, Algeria…..we had Greece scheduled which got concealed at the last minute. I just looked back and actually it really was only those 4 as good opposition idk why I thought Costa Rica was in there too. So honestly as long as we manage 2 more decent/WC level opponents we will match 2018. I want us playing more games though we cannot afford to have another window of only utilizing half the number of friendlies we could have (like in the June window we could have had 4 but we have 2).
        Don't forget Russia and Lithuania too

Comment

I doubt we will do this because there huge risk of injury. Any friendlies setup in qatar will be behind closed doors against weaker teams and won't be official.

So as you said F nations league! Its ruined our preps!

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
            We are almost saying the same thing. My main point is that if 2018 preparation is the gold standard, we should be pretty happy with the way things are going, given the additional restrictions compared to 2018... I'd be super happy and would claim IFF did a better job compared to 2018 if we get two decent friendlies in Sept and one right before WC.
            Yeah I agree but 2018 we utilized a higher percentage of our possible games leading up to the WC if I’m not mistaken. Heck if IFF can do a camp in Tehran with playing Uzbekistan and Oman I would take that over nothing before heading to Canada.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

https://theathletic.com/news/ecuador.../7MumzL0iDLRV/

They might be disqualified from WC due to use of an illegible player.
              But never the less this is an amazing friendly for team melli.

Comment

Originally posted by MehdiKing View Post

Correct me if i'm wrong but I remember we had similar case against a team in ACL however we notified them too late. I think there is a rule that the team must complain withing some hours after the match has ended. I doubt chillie have done this so IMO Ecuador stays in WC. The player might get banned tho .

Comment

Originally posted by MehdiKing View Post

That‘s not going to happen. Chileans are just butthurt that they didn‘t make it this time. The same applies to Algerian fans that spam every football related post on social media with ,, Justice for Algeria 🇩🇿‚‘‘, wishful thinking

Comment

That‘s not going to happen. Chileans are just butthurt that they didn‘t make it this time. The same applies to Algerian fans that spam every football related post on social media with ,, Justice for Algeria 🇩🇿‚‘‘, wishful thinking
                    yeah and if they would get disqualified, hope not, there should be no one given the spot. there should be a mortal kombat style tournament
                    no rules fotball

last team standing wins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeuU_Et7ezA
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Ecuador is listed to play Mali on June 11 ... no?

Comment

Originally posted by tiesto View Post
                        Ecuador is listed to play Mali on June 11 ... no?
                        That game is cancelled apparently

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJX5CrTg0F4
                          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

TEHRAN – Iran national football team will meet Ecuador in a friendly match on June 11 in Toronto, Canada.

The Iranian team will meet Canada in Vancouver and play Ecuador five days later, sporting director of Iran Hamid Estili said.

Iran will play Ecuador as part of preparation for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

Dragan Skocic’s team are drawn in Group B along with England, the U.S., and winner of Scotland, Wales and Ukraine.

Ecuador have been pitted in Group A along with Qatar, Senegal and the Netherlands.

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/472...atch-confirmed
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                              TEHRAN – Iran national football team will meet Ecuador in a friendly match on June 11 in Toronto, Canada.
                              The Iranian team will meet Canada in Vancouver and play Ecuador five days later, sporting director of Iran Hamid Estili said.
                              Iran will play Ecuador as part of preparation for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
                              Dragan Skocic’s team are drawn in Group B along with England, the U.S., and winner of Scotland, Wales and Ukraine.
                              Ecuador have been pitted in Group A along with Qatar, Senegal and the Netherlands.
                              https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/472...atch-confirmed
                              I have not seen anyone outside this confirm that it's in Toronto: https://twitter.com/ElCanalDFutbol/s...40804313206791

Anyone else confirm?

Easier for us east coasters.
                              "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Definitely going if in Toronto

Comment

Working...
                                X