Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada and Ecuador.... Is this our best set of friendlies ever before a World Cup?

We usually play teams like Montenegro or other non WC team so this is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
      Canada and Ecuador.... Is this our best set of friendlies ever before a World Cup?

Yes. This is our best prep. Give Estilli and whoever else credit where it's due. Skocic too for insisting on a stronger opponent than NZ!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Way too early to say but it’s a good start…..having 2 friendlies when we should have had 4 is a big loss IMO but the bright side is we have 2 quality opponents. Leading up to 2018 WC we had 5-6 matches of this caliber plus another 2-3 a slight notch lower so if we land another 4 or so then this will be close to the 2018 prep we had.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Great friendly. Ecuador is actually very strong and fifa ranking in this case is false! I remember I watched 2 of their games and I was actually shocked to see how organized they play. They defend well and counter attack perefctly. Their defense is probably their strongest point. Any team that stops brazil (twice) and argentina in offical important games deserves to be in top 20 fifa ranking. I think they will qualify to next round beating senegal.

IMO we will lose against them IF ...... there is a BIG IF:

If they bring their first team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
            Way too early to say but it’s a good start…..having 2 friendlies when we should have had 4 is a big loss IMO but the bright side is we have 2 quality opponents. Leading up to 2018 WC we had 5-6 matches of this caliber plus another 2-3 a slight notch lower so if we land another 4 or so then this will be close to the 2018 prep we had.
            What were the best teams we faced from the 2018 prep?
            I remember Turkey and Tunisia.

Comment

Well too early to say but we never had problem fixing (lower) south american teams for friendly matches. The main task here is the european teams. If Majedi can set up few european teams then I'll give him credit .

So far IMO he hasn't done anything. Canada requested for friendly and paid us. Ecuador is lower south american team that had to pick a good asian side for their game against Qatar.

European teams is the main issue here. We always lack to get good european teams for our friendly WC prep matches.

Iran vs italy in canada in october would be really great . We have never played against italy.

Comment

What were the best teams we faced from the 2018 prep?
                I remember Turkey and Tunisia.
                Turkey, Tunisia, Panama, Algeria…..we had Greece scheduled which got concealed at the last minute. I just looked back and actually it really was only those 4 as good opposition idk why I thought Costa Rica was in there too. So honestly as long as we manage 2 more decent/WC level opponents we will match 2018. I want us playing more games though we cannot afford to have another window of only utilizing half the number of friendlies we could have (like in the June window we could have had 4 but we have 2).
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Ajibe.

Be jomhoorie eslami nemiyaad in karhaa raa bekone.

Pas migam dame Ecuador garm.
                  DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                    Well too early to say but we never had problem fixing (lower) south american teams for friendly matches. The main task here is the european teams. If Majedi can set up few european teams then I'll give him credit .

So far IMO he hasn't done anything. Canada requested for friendly and paid us. Ecuador is lower south american team that had to pick a good asian side for their game against Qatar.

European teams is the main issue here. We always lack to get good european teams for our friendly WC prep matches.

Iran vs italy in canada in october would be really great . We have never played against italy.
                    Milad jan,

I don't understand how you want a friendly with Italy in October when the only remaining window for friendlies will be in September, and they will again be stuck in UEFA nations zahre mar league.

Comment

There are so many factors that makes the preparation for this world cup much more difficult than other world cups and so it is pointless to compare the two. Much less FIFA days and much shorter summer break because of leagues starting earlier this year to name a few, and not saying anything about the shape IFF is in and sanctions, etc... I feel we should be happy with the two friendlies (that I hope will be played in spite of all the political noise)

Comment

game confirmed yet ? venue..?

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                          There are so many factors that makes the preparation for this world cup much more difficult than other world cups and so it is pointless to compare the two. Much less FIFA days and much shorter summer break because of leagues starting earlier this year to name a few, and not saying anything about the shape IFF is in and sanctions, etc... I feel we should be happy with the two friendlies (that I hope will be played in spite of all the political noise)
                          While I don’t disagree that the planning and scheduling is more difficult due to FIFA’s stupid scheduling from hosting a WC in the winter and all these stupid nations leagues games they are pushing…..it does not change the fact that
                          1. We knew about the scheduling lay out for a year now and IFF failed to get ahead of it
                          2. Utilized 50% of the opportunity while all our opponents are utilizing 100%…..after the draw they should have been doing anything and everything to schedule friendlies but they sat and watched the entire world fill up their calendar and Iran is left with being the only team in the WC with such sh!t planning

I’m haopy about these games and pleasantly surprised….but at large it’s still a massive failure by IFF even with their set backs to not fill up the calendar. If we want any shot at advancing we need maximum prep, even our players are very vocal about this.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Good to have these friendlies, but we need to remember from June to November 21 is over 5 months. Things can change, new players can evolve, fixed players can exit due to a variety of reasons, and tactics can change.

I still think these games in June have more of an entertaining value than real preparation.

Comment

While I don’t disagree that the planning and scheduling is more difficult due to FIFA’s stupid scheduling from hosting a WC in the winter and all these stupid nations leagues games they are pushing…..it does not change the fact that
                              1. We knew about the scheduling lay out for a year now and IFF failed to get ahead of it
                              2. Utilized 50% of the opportunity while all our opponents are utilizing 100%…..after the draw they should have been doing anything and everything to schedule friendlies but they sat and watched the entire world fill up their calendar and Iran is left with being the only team in the WC with such sh!t planning

I’m haopy about these games and pleasantly surprised….but at large it’s still a massive failure by IFF even with their set backs to not fill up the calendar. If we want any shot at advancing we need maximum prep, even our players are very vocal about this.
                              We are almost saying the same thing. My main point is that if 2018 preparation is the gold standard, we should be pretty happy with the way things are going, given the additional restrictions compared to 2018... I'd be super happy and would claim IFF did a better job compared to 2018 if we get two decent friendlies in Sept and one right before WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                Milad jan,

I don't understand how you want a friendly with Italy in October when the only remaining window for friendlies will be in September, and they will again be stuck in UEFA nations zahre mar league.
                                My bad bro, apparantly only Women's Internationals can have friendly matches on "3–11 October 2022" . I mixed up with ours.

Found the correct fixed dates given by fifa! So we can have a total of 6 friendly matches, 4 in june and 2 in september.
                                In other words we need to setup 2 more friendly games. They have to be against european teams! At this point we should go for Estonia and Iceland!

Comment

Working...
                                X