This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
    Great news. Crossing my fingers! Estili said in an interview with Shabakeh Khabar according to Varzesh3 that they will sign the contract tomorrow. I am also crossing my fingers that it will be in Toronto.
    It will be official when the contract is signed and IFF reports it on it web site. Hopefully tomorrow as Estili said.
    Go TM!
    Will you be attending if in Toronto? I’ll be at the BC match, but at a conference on June 11th.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
      I mean it's acceptable, but they kind of licked their way into it (Mali thing fell through) otherwise we'd be playing El salvador.
      Assuming the trip doesn't get cancelled because of political reasons, and If they can muster up one more friendly, I'll be happy.

As for where they would play, Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa all have unoccupied stadiums that day.
      Not so sure about that. I think ecuador FA preferred to play us over Mali as st mark mentioned. Quietly they are doing an Ok job...how much of it is luck and how much of it is things like actually the diplomatic arms available to them (our relationship with ecuador is very good) is up for debate, but as far as the june window goes I dont really see how it could be better than this. Looking at options for a 3rd friendly since Sko decided to CX new Zealand in Doha idea we are pretty limited, and not so sure playing some concacaf crap as you mention is worth it just to get an extra game in.

I mean look at Canada themselves. 1/2 major friendlies window to prepare for probably the hardest WC group with Belgium, Croatia, and Morocco and they will play Iran, Honduras, and Curacao...

Comment

i dont care if we got lucky or whatever... but this a very challenging and great friendly which could possibly seal the faith of Eskoocher agge brinim toosh..!!

if in canada ... some stadium around Toronto would be ideal for me..!!
        if struggling for venues....why can't these fker just travel south to usa? shitt-ton of fantastic, huge venues empty in lul days of summer and assston of spanish and iranian fans to fill them ..!!
        i suppose not because US Gov. would block entry..?

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
          quite pleased with the friendlies they’ve arranged. Far better preparation than last WC
          I wouldn't call it better yet. It also will depend on the teams played when the games happen. Our Turkey, Tunisia, Algeria games were essential for us last world cup and its because those teams used most of their best players. We also reacted by making wholesale player changes after our weaknesses were exploited.

Comment

i hear the NZ friendly got denied by Eskoocher due to Logistics..? how so if it were to be played in nearby Gutter ..? short trip to test try a likely WC Venue against pretty decent, physical side .... coulda well been a semi-decent prep for the england/wales game..?

why can't we play Russia ...? they be even a better prep match and they got dumped outa every football tourney and aint got shitt to do ??

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              why can't we play Russia ...? they be even a better prep match and they got dumped outa every football tourney and aint got shitt to do ??
              Not sure their FA can even schedule friendlies within FIFA schedule or oversight. They have been totally (and unfairly) blacklisted.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                i hear the NZ friendly got denied by Eskoocher due to Logistics..? how so if it were to be played in nearby Gutter ..? short trip to test try a likely WC Venue against pretty decent, physical side .... coulda well been a semi-decent prep for the england/wales game..?

It would be very difficult and somewhat useless if we play on the 11th in Canada and play on the 14th (Last fifa day) in Qatar against New Zealand. Better to stay in Canada and practice. I am not going to either of the friendlies in Canada, but for this same reason I would rather both of Iran's game be in Vancouver, so we get less traveling and more practicing...

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  Not so sure about that. I think ecuador FA preferred to play us over Mali as st mark mentioned. Quietly they are doing an Ok job...how much of it is luck and how much of it is things like actually the diplomatic arms available to them (our relationship with ecuador is very good) is up for debate, but as far as the june window goes I dont really see how it could be better than this. Looking at options for a 3rd friendly since Sko decided to CX new Zealand in Doha idea we are pretty limited, and not so sure playing some concacaf crap as you mention is worth it just to get an extra game in.
                  I mean look at Canada themselves. 1/2 major friendlies window to prepare for probably the hardest WC group with Belgium, Croatia, and Morocco and they will play Iran, Honduras, and Curacao...
                  A third friendly even if it's against Mes Rafsanjan is worth it considering the lack of cohesion in our squad. Plus a weaker friendly would give the coach a chance to experiment (alternative tactic, give players with little international experience some playing time,etc...). USA has 4 matches this FIFA day, so does England (granted they are Nations League, it's still WC prep), and Wales have 5.

The two friendlies we have lined up are decent, but they don't match the quality of prep we had last world cup. We're playing a team who hasn't been to the world cup since Reagan was in office and another even lower FIFA ranked pot 4 team.

I guess on the plus side it's better than play just one friendly? And the opponents could have been weaker (Uzbekistan + Venezuela special)

So in layman's terms, My pickachu has a semi.

As for our relationship with Ecuador, I don't actually think things have been good since Correa left office, their gov is pretty American aligned at the moment.
                  Last edited by The; 05-18-2022, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I mean it's acceptable, but they kind of licked their way into it (Mali thing fell through) otherwise we'd be playing El salvador.
                    Assuming the trip doesn't get cancelled because of political reasons, and If they can muster up one more friendly, I'll be happy.

As for where they would play, Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa all have unoccupied stadiums that day.
                    Speed of reaction was good for once. Yes we got lucky that the friendly got cancelled but plenty of teams would have taken up Ecuador on a friendly if IFF hadn’t acted fast. Maybe they bought someone competent in for these friendlies.

Comment

A third friendly even if it's against Mes Rafsanjan is worth it considering the lack cohesion in our squad. Plus a weaker friendly would give the coach a chance to experiment (alternative tactic, give players with little international experience some playing time,etc...). USA has 4 matches this FIFA day, so does England (granted they are Nations League, it's still WC prep), and Wales have 5.
                      The two friendlies we have lined up are decent, but they don't match the quality of prep we had last world cup. We're playing a team who hasn't been to the world cup since Reagan was in office and another even lower FIFA ranked pot 4 team.
                      I guess on the plus side it's better than play just one friendly?
                      So in layman's terms, My pickachu has a semi.
                      As for our relationship with Ecuador, I don't actually think things have been good since Correa left office, their gov is pretty American aligned at the moment.
                      a game or eaven 2 games vs qatar in qatar and possibility to start players never given a chance would be welcomed (ghaedi, zahedi and so on)
                      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                        a game or eaven 2 games vs qatar in qatar and possibility to start players never given a chance would be welcomed (ghaedi, zahedi and so on)
                        It would have to happen on the 14th in Canada. Playing 2-3 days after flying back from Canada with the jet-lag would be too hard on the boys.

Comment

very good friendly games.

Good Job IFF

Comment

Originally posted by allan123 View Post
                            very good friendly games.

Good Job IFF
                            i'll give em props when i see the teams on the pitch ..!!
                            there is still a lot shitt that can go down till then which would fk the whole trip up ..! :/

do we know yet where is the likely venue going to be..?
                            hope its not in freaking connecticut..? :/ if they can enter US soil i can think of dozens of more suitable venues for both teams..!

Comment

How is this a good friendly?!!! Ranked 43 in the world with a poor defense ! We should be playing European teams not this junk

Comment

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
                                How is this a good friendly?!!! Ranked 43 in the world with a poor defense ! We should be playing European teams not this junk
                                i guess most all the european teams schedule is pretty full due to this BS Nations League tournament..!!

what about Croatia..? Eskoocher has no hook-ups with his homies..?

Comment

Working...
                                X