No announcement yet.

Ali Alipour @ Gil Vicente F.C. | 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subbed off after 16 mins. Didn’t see what happened so hopefully nothing too serious

Comment

Does anyone know why Alipour isn’t in the squad? He was starting most games and then the last few games hasn’t been in the match day squad. Did he pick up an injury or something?
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Forgot I had posted a few weeks back but he was subbed off in the 16th min in a game so guessing it is an injury:

Comment

he is still injured

Comment

He is out for up to 6 months

Comment

Wow I feel terrible for him. The same people who urge every Iranian youngster to move to Europe, please look at the flip side as well.

Here is a case of a great IPL player. Scored 60 goals in the three seasons before leaving PP. He took a chance on himself in hopes of following Taremi's path. 3 years in Europe now and only 15 goals to his name. Now out for 6 months. Already 27 years old so getting up there in age.

This guy would have had a better FINANCIAL situation if he went to Arab teams instead. He would probably be in a better PERSONAL situation as he would live closer to Iran. And given lower competition, he would have definitely had better stats as well which means more eyes on him and more hype from us fans - maybe even a better chance at TM. Instead, he has been grinding his way in the background for the past three years in a random small city in Portugal with little coverage and attention from the Iranian media. And this is someone who was the face of PP's attack!!! Now imagine a more average player from IPL like Abdi making this kind of move. Do we understand the level of sacrifice required?

He still has time so I am not saying this is the end of his story but I just want us to acknowledge that for every 1 Taremi, there are also Alipours. So lets be a little empathetic to these players and not immediately shit on their career decisions if they decide that Europe is not right for them at a particular time. And if they do decide to stay like Alipour has, lets give them more attention and coverage so they feel supported in their decision.

Comment

Originally posted by aria32 View Post
                Wow I feel terrible for him. The same people who urge every Iranian youngster to move to Europe, please look at the flip side as well.

Here is a case of a great IPL player. Scored 60 goals in the three seasons before leaving PP. He took a chance on himself in hopes of following Taremi's path. 3 years in Europe now and only 15 goals to his name. Now out for 6 months. Already 27 years old so getting up there in age.

This guy would have had a better FINANCIAL situation if he went to Arab teams instead. He would probably be in a better PERSONAL situation as he would live closer to Iran. And given lower competition, he would have definitely had better stats as well which means more eyes on him and more hype from us fans - maybe even a better chance at TM. Instead, he has been grinding his way in the background for the past three years in a random small city in Portugal with little coverage and attention from the Iranian media. And this is someone who was the face of PP's attack!!! Now imagine a more average player from IPL like Abdi making this kind of move. Do we understand the level of sacrifice required?

He still has time so I am not saying this is the end of his story but I just want us to acknowledge that for every 1 Taremi, there are also Alipours. So lets be a little empathetic to these players and not immediately shit on their career decisions if they decide that Europe is not right for them at a particular time. And if they do decide to stay like Alipour has, lets give them more attention and coverage so they feel supported in their decision.
                I strongly disagree. He played against top teams and lived in Europe which more valuable that middle east. Let's not pretend he isn't rich playing in Portugal. I also don't remember any Arab interest for him so far.

Weak coverage from iranian medias is all fault of Iranian medias, not Alipour's.

Big injury happens everywhere. PAG in China, Amiri at PP. And in his case, even if he failed/get injured in Portugal, IPL clubs (and even arabs one) will still be after him so he had nothing to lose going to Europe. PP is after him at every transfer windows.

About TM, the guy hasn't the level of our other strikers, mainly due to his short size but his career in Europe made him considered by skocic over some IPL losers that shined against mickey mouse opponents

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

I strongly disagree. He played against top teams and lived in Europe which more valuable that middle east. Let's not pretend he isn't rich playing in Portugal. I also don't remember any Arab interest for him so far.

Weak coverage from iranian medias is all fault of Iranian medias, not Alipour's.

Big injury happens everywhere. PAG in China, Amiri at PP. And in his case, even if he failed/get injured in Portugal, IPL clubs (and even arabs one) will still be after him so he had nothing to lose going to Europe. PP is after him at every transfer windows.

About TM, the guy hasn't the level of our other strikers, mainly due to his short size but his career in Europe made him considered by skocic over some IPL losers that shined against mickey mouse opponents
                  He plays in a shit team in a second rate league and has occasional cameos. He earns 140,000 Euros per year, before taxes. He is neither getting rich nor playing against great teams nor getting noticed.

He couldn't impress like Taremi and I believe the only reason he stayed in Europe was to make it to the WC. That fell apart with CQ.

Had he gone to the Persian Gulf, he would at least had made serious money, scored more goals and maybe even made the team!

Six months out with an injury is really bad luck for someone in his situation.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
                    He plays in a shit team in a second rate league and has occasional cameos. He earns 140,000 Euros per year, before taxes. He is neither getting rich nor playing against great teams nor getting noticed.

He couldn't impress like Taremi and I believe the only reason he stayed in Europe was to make it to the WC. That fell apart with CQ.

Had he gone to the Persian Gulf, he would at least had made serious money, scored more goals and maybe even made the team!

Six months out with an injury is really bad luck for someone in his situation.

As far I know he never got an offer from qatar or else, so the alternative was staying in Iran being payed in toilet paper. Btw taremi was scoring less in qatar than in Portugal, so nothing guarantee he would have scored tons there. He would certainly have been kicked out from arab countries like torabi and ghaedi
                    ​​​​​
                    His second rate league is the 6th best European league btw

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

As far I know he never got an offer from qatar or else, so the alternative was staying in Iran being payed in toilet paper. Btw taremi was scoring less in qatar than in Portugal, so nothing guarantee he would have scored tons there. He would certainly have been kicked out from arab countries like torabi and ghaedi
                      ​​​​​
                      His second rate league is the 6th best European league btw
                      Of course he had offers from Arab countries. When he signed his extension with GV, he mentioned in an interview with Abola that he had offers from 9 countries including Qatar and UAE but he wanted to stay in GV with all its facilities. He also expressed hope that he would continue to get invited to TM camps and make WC.

His past 2 years have been an unmitigated disaster, topping it all with missing WC and 6 month layoff due to serious injury.

Comment

Following alipour since he was teenager, by far
                        the most professional athletic since ali daie.
                        he is not skillful or has technic,but his work ethic , diet, HUSTLE, team player, make up for his short comings, and it's fresh breeze from what we usually have seen from persian athletics overall.
                        his injury as of right now is acl and minimum 6 months out.

Comment

They are playing first game of the season, this guy not even in the squad!

Is he still injured??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            They are playing first game of the season, this guy not even in the squad!

Is he still injured??

Of course. He's rehabbing but closer to getting back. He had an ACL tear.
                            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

I'm not sure if they signed another forward but hopefully Ali gets more opportunity with Fran's departure.

Comment

They won 4-0

Comment

Working...
                                X