Who should wear TM captaincy armband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who should wear TM captaincy armband?

In your opinion who should wear TM captaincy armband?
    What are the criteria? Is it experience? Being older? Or someone who understands the gameplan by the head coach well and can implement it? or what?
    We have people like:
    Amiri who players like a leader;
    Taremi, plays tirelessly covers most of the pitch,
    Ezatollahi who is pretty solid,
    Beiro is a good candidate who is not shy about yelling at the players to keep them on their toes?
    Who would you nominate?
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh
    Karim Ansarifard
    Mehdi Taremi

Players who should not be captain under any circumstance:
    Shoja - Too many boneheaded decisions
    Beiro - immature and already yells too much
    Ezzatollahi - thinks he's playing rugby

Comment

ARJ wore it well during qualifiers, provided steady leadership and worked the refs/opponents. Karim has filled in well at times too.

Taremi has too much ego, not him. Ezzatollahi isn't high enough on the pecking order.

Comment

Kanaani

jk lol

Comment

ansarifard/amiri

Comment

Taremi/Azmoun. Good balance of ability and experience.

Comment

AJ or Taremi.
              Under no circumstances should it be given to a player like Ansarifard that will be warming the Bench.

Comment

I suspect that our captain for the world cup will be Hajsafi....

Comment

Originally posted by Azmoun_shireh View Post
                  AJ or Taremi.
                  Under no circumstances should it be given to a player like Ansarifard that will be warming the Bench.
                  How does Ansarifard even come into this discussion? He plays 2-3 minutes to waste time…

Comment

The captain role at this time is actually quite difficult. Gone are the days when Nekounam was the obvious and uncontested choice.

Apart from personality, one important requirement IMO is that the captain should speak passable, if not fluent English!

My first choice, if he is on the pitch, is definitely ARJ. He is assertive, yet professional and speaks English well.

If not it becomes more difficult to chose. Maybe Amiri?

I agree that Beiranvand is not suited.

As much as Taremi is my favorite player, I'm not sure if he is suited for this role at the moment, but he'll be around for a long time IMO despite his age, so in the future he may be.
                    Azmoun may become an interesting choice in the future as well, but I'm not sure if now would be the right time. Both Taremi and Azmoun would definitely demand respect due to their stature and being established in UEFA land on a high level.

If Hajsafi is playing, he is actually not the worst choice. He is professional, very experienced and emotionally stable. However, I'm not sure if he would not be too timid.
                    I feel somewhat similar about Ansarifard, but if both are playing would prefer Hajsafi.

Who else? Any others to consider?

Comment

ARJ - Taremi - Azmoun - Amiri

most experienced guys in team melli are:

Hajsafi and Karim. Haj safi with 14 years of team melli experience. But I hope he doesn't get any playing time

Comment

Cap is for Players with usually sound/positive mentality and rather calm temperament but more importantly those who Lead by Example and leave everything they got on the pitch..! Next in line of importance is Experience/Leadership and someone who younger players often look up to and aspire to be ..!!
                        for me currently Amiri Personifies that role better than most... Mehdi would be my next choice..! ARJ aint can still be my 3rd choice.
                        HajSafi/Ansarifard anymore are only an emergency off the bench depth players, who have many of the qualities to wear the armband too ..! personally prefer to take a chance on a new promising talent than to take along the two of them who's performances throughout the years been avg. at best and often overrated/overvalued and by now seemingly the game at highest intensity and levels has already well passed them by..!

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh is well suited for the role as our captain cause he speaks fluent English and has a calm temper. Besides of him probably Hajsafi & Amiri for now in the future I would like to see Taremi or Azmoun as our captains

Comment

Originally posted by Azmoun_shireh View Post
                            AJ or Taremi.
                            Ansarifard is the first-choice captain, if he comes off the bench he will take it from the person who is wearing it on the pitch. Otherwise, I think Jahanbaksh wore it well during the WCQ's, I think he should retain it.
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                              Ansarifard is the first-choice captain, if he comes off the bench he will take it from the person who is wearing it on the pitch. Otherwise, I think Jahanbaksh wore it well during the WCQ's, I think he should retain it.
                              When was this announced?

Comment

Working...
                              X