Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Canada - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (05.06.2022)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you guys know we are making 4.5m? source?

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
      We are NOT making 4.5m
      This is how much a sold out BC place would generate.

Comment

Originally posted by MehdiKing View Post
        Thanks man,
        I remember it happened to me for Iran vs USA WC game in france.
        I was living in Germany at the time and took the bus to france because there were no flights available with no tickets.
        The black market tickets were soooo expensive that we could not afford and me and my cousin literally gave up and were sitting on the street in tears wearing our Team melli jerseys. almost from nowhere a hamvatan walked to us and asked if we needed tickets.
        We told him how much money we had and he said that he was scared to bring his wife and doughter to the game and he would sell us the tickets for facevalue.
        I never forgot that day and that man who made the most amazing memory of my life possible.
        This is the least I can do.
        MehdiKing, you are a great person! Respect.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
            Mashti you do the maths here

The stadium's capacity is 60,000 .
            Average ticket sale price is $75 (if not more).

75 x 60,000 = $4,500,000

We are (IFF) only getting $300,000 from this match and Canada is taking the rest. + there are TV rights , sponsors etc...

There is no way iranians in europe would reach that.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
              75 x 60,000 = $4,500,000
              We are (IFF) only getting $300,000 from this match and Canada is taking the rest. + there are TV rights , sponsors etc...
              You are not factoring in the costs.
              Average ticket is actually over CAN $100. A conservative estimate puts the gross ticket revenue at around CAN $6M.
              The cost would probably be around 40% if not more (i.e ticket agent fees, running the stadium, etc. etc. etc. - this is covid time, everything costs double), so you are looking at approx. CAN $2.5 in net revenue from tickets. Advertising revenue and broadcast rights will not amount to a lot of money, given that you will not seeing big corporations lining up to buy advertising space. At best it will be Iranian businesses (Kababi, real estate, sarrafi, etc.) and these folks don't have a huge advertising budget. TV rights is unknown at the moment, I have not seen the broadcast on any TV channel schedule yet, so cannot say who is willing to pay top dollars for this game. Pay per view channels may buy the rights.
              If IFF covers the cost of team travel and accommodation, they should be a happy camper. Canada is doing them a favour. Besides, whatever money that is due to IFF, cannot be given to them due to Sanctions. Unless is all cash and Mr. Estili and others fill their pants with bank notes. As I said before there are IR agents in Canada who will be receiving the proceeds on this side and will make a deal with IFF and IR in Iran or buy a few houses and luxury cars under the mullah's name in Vancouver or Toronto. Who knows!. This game is for the benefit of bacheh akhounds not TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post

Average ticket is actually over CAN $100. A conservative estimate puts the gross ticket revenue at around CAN $6M.

The cost would probably be around 40% if not more (i.e ticket agent fees, running the stadium, etc. etc. etc. - this is covid time, everything costs double), so you are looking at approx. CAN $2.5 in net revenue from tickets. Advertising revenue and broadcast rights will not amount to a lot of money, given that you will not seeing big corporations lining up to buy advertising space. At best it will be Iranian businesses (Kababi, real estate, sarrafi, etc.) and these folks don't have a huge advertising budget. TV rights is unknown at the moment, I have not seen the broadcast on any TV channel schedule yet, so cannot say who is willing to pay top dollars for this game. Pay per view channels may buy the rights.

If IFF covers the cost of team travel and accommodation, they should be a happy camper. Canada is doing them a favour. Besides, whatever money that is due to IFF, cannot be given to them due to Sanctions. Unless is all cash and Mr. Estili and others fill their pants with bank notes. As I said before there are IR agents in Canada who will be receiving the proceeds here and will make a deal with IR in Iran.
                Kavian jan, all Canada MNT games (excep for the World Cup) are shown on a digital platform called onesoccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  Kavian jan, all Canada MNT games (excep for the World Cup) are shown on a digital platform called onesoccer.
                  Thanks for this Nokhodi jaan and if that is the case then the broadcast is part of wider deal that is covering Canada MNT games and there will not a lump sum payment for this game alone. IFF should not be expecting proceeds from this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                    If IFF covers the cost of team travel and accommodation, they should be a happy camper. Canada is doing them a favour. Besides, whatever money that is due to IFF, cannot be given to them due to Sanctions. Unless is all cash and Mr. Estili and others fill their pants with bank notes. As I said before there are IR agents in Canada who will be receiving the proceeds here and will make a deal with IR in Iran. This is game is for the benefit of bacheh akhounds not TM.
                    Lol I always use USD , even when doing business with canadians, i insist on the USD currency. $100 CAD is roughly $75 USD.

Regarding the sponsors, I believe there are some top notch sponsors such as Toyota , nike and most probably some betting sites (if iran low key allow it). Lol at kebabi and sarafi bro this is not facebook its international football match hahaha good one tho.

Don't know anything about TV rights but I know that ticket sellers take %10 (e.g. ticketmaster).

IMO canada makes about $2-$3million profit from this match .

I'm sure if we organize a match in canada against top quality teams like brazil , argentina , italy we could potentially make that if not more

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      What year was that?

Iran - Chile was in Austria in 2015. Attendance was 2000!
                      Iran - Venezuela was in Holland in 2017. Cant' find the attendance but I remember the stadium not being full.

Let's not forget how few of our fans showed up in WC 2006 which was in Germany!

Even Iran-USA in 2000 wasn't sold out.

It's good to see the Iranian population in Vancouver embracing this game.

Comment

Canadian soccer pundits give their take on the upcoming game between TM and Canada:

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post
                          Canadian soccer pundits give their take on the upcoming game between TM and Canada:

Armen, I skimmed through this. Nothing about Iran! Or was it only discussed very briefly?

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post

75 x 60,000 = $4,500,000

Stadium capacity is 54,500, not 60,000.

& average ticket prices are not $75.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Prime Minister Trudeau has criticized the Canadian national team's decision to play a friendly with TM in Vancouver:
                              https://www.tsn.ca/pm-says-inviting-...idea-1.1800736

Comment

Originally posted by armen View Post
                                Prime Minister Trudeau has criticized the Canadian national team's decision to play a friendly with TM in Vancouver:
                                https://www.tsn.ca/pm-says-inviting-...idea-1.1800736
                                ST. JOHN'S, N.L. — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says a soccer friendly between Canada and Iran next month in Vancouver is ill-advised.

"This was a choice by Soccer Canada," Trudeau said Tuesday in St. John's, when asked about the match. "I think it wasn't a very good idea to invite the Iranian soccer team here to Canada. But that's something that the organizers are going to have to explain."

The merits of hosting Iran were raised by a reporter, citing families who had lost loved ones on Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 calling the game a "slap in the face."

Flight 752 was shot down on Jan. 8, 2020, minutes after taking off from Tehran by an Iranian surface-to-air missile. The Canadian government says 55 Canadian citizens and 30 permanent residents were among the 176 people killed.

Canada Soccer did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The federal government has said Canada’s priority "is to seek answers and pursue justice by holding Iran accountable and pursuing reparations, while continuing to provide the families and loved ones of the victims with the support they need."

Canada is hosting Iran on June 5 in Vancouver, part of a two-game homestand at B.C. Place Stadium. The Canadian men will open CONCACAF Nations League A play there against Curaçao on June 9 before closing out the FIFA international window with another CONCACAF Nations League game against Honduras in San Pedro Sula on June 13.

Canada, ranked 38th in the world, and No. 21 Iran are both preparing for the FIFA World Cup in Qatar this November.

The Vancouver matches are the first for Canada on home soil since qualifying for the World Cup in a 4-0 win over Jamaica at Toronto's BMO Field on March 27. It also marks the Canadian men's first visit to B.C. Place since March 2019 when they beat French Guiana 4-1 in CONCACAF Nations League qualifying.

The Canadians topped the final round of CONCACAF qualifying with an 8-2-4 record. Their last game was a 1-0 loss in Panama on March 30.

Canada has a 1-2-0 all-time record against Iran, winning the most recent encounter 1-0 in April 2001 in Cairo. Iran posted 1-0 wins in 1997 and 1999 games in Toronto and Edmonton, respectively.

The Iran fixture is one of the few World Cup warm-ups for John Herdman's team in advance of Qatar. Herdman has said he will look to take the team to Europe in the fall to play several more matches to prepare for Qatar.

Canada opens World Cup play Nov. 23 against No. 2 Belgium before facing No. 16 Croatia on Nov. 27 and No. 24 Morocco on Dec. 1.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Working...
                                X