Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Canada - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (05.06.2022)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The match has officially been cancelled:

Comment

Disgusting and hypocritical. Congratulations to the haters. I am sure Iran will be free now!

Comment

Thanks to all the dip shits for contributing to this cancellation. IR will definitely be weakened by this, oh wait...

Comment

Canada Soccer calls off planned friendly match with Iran

TORONTO — Canada Soccer has cancelled a planned friendly with Iran in the face of growing criticism.

In a one-paragraph statement, the governing body gave no reason for the cancellation of the scheduled June 5 game at B.C. Place Stadium in Vancouver.

But the idea of hosting the Iranian team, ranked 21st in the world, has drawn fire since it was first announced.

At issue is whether Canada should be hosting Iran given the Canadians who died on Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 when it was shot down on Jan. 8, 2020, minutes after taking off from Tehran, by an Iranian surface-to-air missile. The Canadian government says 55 Canadian citizens and 30 permanent residents were among the 176 people killed.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said the game "wasn't a very good idea," pointing the finger at Canada Soccer. Conservative MPs added their voice to the protest on Wednesday.

In a statement, the Association of Families of Flight PS752 Victims called for Canada Soccer "to cancel the game immediately."

---

Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter

This report by The Canadian Press was first published May 26, 2022.

https://www.tsn.ca/canada-soccer-cal...cism-1.1804759

Comment

Originally posted by Altamonte View Post
            Thanks to all the dip shits for contributing to this cancellation. IR will definitely be weakened by this, oh wait...
            Iran is free now Bro.
            Do you wanna hit up Namaz jommeh Tehran with me an do a line of coke off a stripper's ass crack?

Comment

I remember reading a few days ago no country paid Iran to participate in a friendly for 22 years and Canada would have been the first to do so had it gone through. That alongside the growing calls to cancel the match because of the plane and general lack of women's rights in Iran were huge red flags that there's a solid ass chance this game would be cancelled. I was about to buy tickets yesterday then figured I'll wait one more day

Comment

Originally posted by Altamonte View Post
                I remember reading a few days ago no country paid Iran to participate in a friendly for 22 years and Canada would have been the first to do so had it gone through. That alongside the growing calls to cancel the match because of the plane and general lack of women's rights in Iran were hige red flags that there's a solid ass chance this game would be cancelled. I was about to buy tickets yesterday then figured I'll wait one more day
                That was horeshit too. One of the the guys who used to work with TM said we were paid for several friendlies in between those times.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  That was horeshit too. One of the the guys who used to work with TM said we were paid for several friendlies in between those times.
                  Honestly at this point I don't know what to believe. Everybody lies and virtue signals. All I know is Canada bends over for everyone and everything so I saw this cancellation coming

Comment

Originally posted by maly3648
                    Masih Alinejad is delighted on her twitter page ...
                    Choob to koonesh

Comment

All I wanted to do was to go and watch TM play. I wanted nothing to do with politics. Because it is not a political arena. But I guess a few hamvatans are happy because this game is canceled.

Comment

Friendly wirh Iran Cancelled , but all the Freaking Sepahis and their families are welcome to come to Canada, use our Gyms, buy towers with money plundered from Iranians and NO ONE Does SHIT!!!! But Mehdi Taremi, Sardar and Co are a HUGE THREAT and INSULT!!!! Freaking illogically stupid ! and this is why we have Akhunds ruling us!!

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                          Friendly wirh Iran Cancelled , but all the Freaking Sepahis and their families are welcome to come to Canada, use our Gyms, buy towers with money plundered from Iranians and NO ONE Does SHIT!!!! But Mehdi Taremi, Sardar and Co are a HUGE THREAT and INSULT!!!! Freaking illogically stupid ! and this is why we have Akhunds ruling us!!
                          But you forget that Estili was photographed at a party with some dude that MAYBE wanted to kidnap Sideshow Bob (you know, using a speed boat from New York to Venezuela without fueling while crossing US coast line). So I guess it all makes sense???

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            But you forget that Estili was photographed at a party with some dude that MAYBE wanted to kidnap Sideshow Bob (you know, using a speed boat from New York to Venezuela without fueling while crossing US coast line). So I guess it all makes sense???
                            Yet so many politicians were photographed with Epstein...

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                              Yet so many politicians were photographed with Epstein...
                              ...and Kissinger, Saddam, Ghadafi, Mubarak, MBS, Orban, etc, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X