Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Canada - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (05.06.2022)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamed Esmaeilion, who lost his family when Flight 752 was shot down by the IRGC, harshly criticized Canada's decision to host TM for a friendly in Vancouver and demands the game be called off, as he explains why in an op-ed he wrote for the Globe and Mail:
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...insult-to-the/

Comment

If I ever hear politics should be separate from sports from our "opposition", they shouldn't be surprised to be called hypocrites.

You know what guys, let's just have TM play no friendlies and do nothing, because IR is in power.
      IFF will be happy because they have the perfect excuse and IR can go and victimize itself more.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
        Stadium capacity is 54,500, not 60,000.

& average ticket prices are not $75.
        Soccerway says 59,600. Maybe they got it wrong. And you're right about the average ticket price ! apparantly the average ticket price is $299 (CAD) - $233 (USD)! Wow only 919 tickets left ! If this is right then it means the total ticket sales reaches more than $12 million (USD) !

https://uk.soccerway.com/matches/202...3787836/venue/

The upcoming national soccer match at BC Place Stadium has tickets starting at prices as low as $62.00. Seating sections located near midfield and in the lower rows will have a higher price point. International Friendly: Canada vs. Iran tickets are reaching prices as high as $3990.00 for the best available seats. Soccer tickets to this exciting matchup currently have an average price point of $229.00.
        source

after reading their website it says 55k
        https://www.bcplace.com/plan-exhibit.../sports-events

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
          Soccerway says 59,600. Maybe they got it wrong. And you're right about the average ticket price ! apparantly the average ticket price is $299 (CAD) - $233 (USD)! Wow only 919 tickets left ! If this is right then it means the total ticket sales reaches more than $12 million (USD) !

https://uk.soccerway.com/matches/202...3787836/venue/

The upcoming national soccer match at BC Place Stadium has tickets starting at prices as low as $62.00. Seating sections located near midfield and in the lower rows will have a higher price point. International Friendly: Canada vs. Iran tickets are reaching prices as high as $3990.00 for the best available seats. Soccer tickets to this exciting matchup currently have an average price point of $229.00.
          source

after reading their website it says 55k
          https://www.bcplace.com/plan-exhibit.../sports-events
          BC Place capacity is 54,500:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BC_Place

Average ticket prices were $30-60 CAD on TicketMaster, including CanadaRED discounts. Resale sites like TicketSmarter will obviously have them higher, which has no effect on the profit Canada Soccer makes from the initial ticket sale.

https://www.ticketmaster.ca/canada-m...005CA6EECC85F0

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

BC Place capacity is 54,500:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BC_Place

Average ticket prices were $30-60 CAD on TicketMaster, including CanadaRED discounts. Resale sites like TicketSmarter will obviously have them higher, which has no effect on the profit Canada Soccer makes from the initial ticket sale.

https://www.ticketmaster.ca/canada-m...005CA6EECC85F0
            I'm on ticketmaster site and The cheapest I see is $56 and thats in crap position which you hardly see anything. We also have member here who paid $400 and $85 for tickets. So how your getting average price of a $30 is a question for me.

Regardless of all of this, Canada has made some good money from this friendly match. I don't think anyone can argue with this.

Comment

I'm on ticketmaster site and The cheapest I see is $56 and thats in crap position which you hardly see anything. We also have member here who paid $400 and $85 for tickets. So how your getting average price of a $30 is a question for me.

Regardless of all of this, Canada has made some good money from this friendly match. I don't think anyone can argue with this.
              As I said, CanadaRED discounts a couple days ago had them around $35 CAD.

Comment

As I said, CanadaRED discounts a couple days ago had them around $35 CAD.
                The average was $35 or cheapest? Also that could've been for limited number of seats.

Another interesting point is that this match already over taken Canada's highest attendance (in home game) in their qualifiers which was 48,806 against Costa Rica!

Comment

The average was $35 or cheapest? Also that could've been for limited number of seats.

Another interesting point is that this match already over taken Canada's highest attendance (in home game) in their qualifiers which was 48,806 against Costa Rica!
                  Average for CanadaRED discount was around $35 CAD

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    If I ever hear politics should be separate from sports from our "opposition", they shouldn't be surprised to be called hypocrites.

You know what guys, let's just have TM play no friendlies and do nothing, because IR is in power.
                    IFF will be happy because they have the perfect excuse and IR can go and victimize itself more.
                    The match will be cancelled. I can feel the political pressure rising.

People calling for this to happen are akin to wanting TM banned from WC cause of the women in stadiums issue. It's asinine since TM and it's fans are all for women's attendance however what the politicizing crowd neglect to realize is neither TM nor its fans have a say in the matter as these decisions come from politicians. Just like TM and it's fans didn't shoot down the plane either...

Canada should be banned from WC for the atrocities and mass indigenous graves being discovered on a daily basis...just watch how such an argument would go...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post

People calling for this to happen are akin to wanting TM banned from WC cause of the women in stadiums issue. It's asinine since TM and it's fans are all for women's attendance however what the politicizing crowd neglect to realize is neither TM nor its fans have a say in the matter as these decisions come from politicians. Just like TM and it's fans didn't shoot down the plane either...

Canada should be banned from WC for the atrocities and mass indigenous graves being discovered on a daily basis...just watch how such an argument would go...

I wouldn't be surprised. No straw shorter than TM I guess in the football world.

Comment

Average for CanadaRED discount was around $35 CAD
                        This doesn't make sense bro. If the average was $35 CAD then it means some tickets were as cheap as $15 CAD or even less lol. Either this was for limited number seats or its just false data.

As i said before On all the sites that I go the prices are all above $54 (for crap seats).

Lol i don't get the point arguing over this, Canada made some good money over this friendly game (Its a Fact)! Thats all that matters bro! They are probably surprised to see that many people turning up to the game.

Comment

This doesn't make sense bro. If the average was $35 CAD then it means some tickets were as cheap as $15 CAD or even less lol. Either this was for limited number seats or its just false data.

As i said before On all the sites that I go the prices are all above $54 (for crap seats).

Lol i don't get the point arguing over this, Canada made some good money over this friendly game (Its a Fact)! Thats all that matters bro! They are probably surprised to see that many people turning up to the game.
                          What isn't there to understand? CanadaRED had a discount and their tickets were around $35 CAD. The remaining tickets now on TicketMaster are around $56 CAD for the general public, and they've also been going for around $85 CAD in other sections. Resales aside, they're certainly not $3990 as you had mentioned, nor are they averaging at $75, nor is the capacity 60k.

Comment

Comment

Would IFF get any of this Stash?.. I hope they get a portion to fund the teams gross lack of funding !!

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                                There is a very loud contingent emerging that are pressuring this game to be cancelled. If you want your voice to be heard in favour of holding the game and the separation of sports and politics, email Justin.Trudeau@parl.gc.ca.

Comment

Working...
                                X