Behdad Eghbali - Chelsea FC co-owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Behdad Eghbali - Chelsea FC co-owner

Behdad Eghbali will be the next Iranian to co-own a Premier League club after Farhad Moshiri's ownership of Everton.

He's joined Todd Boehly's group and it was announced today that the group will purchase Chelsea FC for $5 billion:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/06/footb...hly/index.html

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation....ess-so-reports

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2022/04/...is-successful/

Eghbali cofounded Clearlake Capital in 2006 from Santa Monica, California and has a $3.4 billion net worth according to Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/profile/behdad-eghbali/

Credit to Ahmad_DC for breaking the news:

Originally posted by Ahmad_DC View Post
    Sounds like there will be a second Iranian co-owner. Behdad Eqhbali will own a large piece of my favorite team Chelsea.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

We have Iranian owners in Everton and Newcastle too. But doesn’t help Iranian football if they don’t bring Iranian talent to these teams. A lot of these foreign owners bring their countrymen to these teams. Why shouldn’t Iranians?
    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
      We have Iranian owners in Everton and Newcastle too. But doesn’t help Iranian football if they don’t bring Iranian talent to these teams. A lot of these foreign owners bring their countrymen to these teams. Why shouldn’t Iranians?
      Newcastle United is owned by the Saudis. Mehrdad Ghodoussi is only the husband of Amanda Staveley and has practically no say in matters

Comment

It looks like Todd Boehly, part owner of the Dodgers, is leading the buyout and only brought in Clearlake private equity firm co-led by Behdad Eghbali and a Swiss firm for financial support. It is only an investment for Clearlake and they'll probably look to take a profit and get out in a few years. Doubt if Eghbali will have any say in players joining Chelsea.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
          Other than Taremi and possibly Azmoun Iranian players are awful in the top 5 leagues

Comment

^ Iranians aren’t awful in the top 5 leagues. Iranians are just not fit for the English Premier League. Anywhere else they’ve done and will do fine (Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1..).

Comment

Premier League has now approved the deal

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61490237

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                Premier League has now approved the deal

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61490237
                Any idea what his stake is in Chelsea? Is he a minority owner?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                  ^ Iranians aren’t awful in the top 5 leagues. Iranians are just not fit for the English Premier League. Anywhere else they’ve done and will do fine (Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1..).
                  Didnt Teymourian do well in premier league but couldnt get extention that they wanted to offer him since he got injured and didnt play for TM up to the % needed to get permit to play in PL for foregin players non EU?
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                    Any idea what his stake is in Chelsea? Is he a minority owner?

Yes, he's the co-founder of Clearlake Capital and is a part of Todd Boehly's consortium

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                      Yes, he's the co-founder of Clearlake Capital and is a part of Todd Boehly's consortium
                      So unlikely he has any signicant say in the players they sign.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                        Didnt Teymourian do well in premier league but couldnt get extention that they wanted to offer him since he got injured and didnt play for TM up to the % needed to get permit to play in PL for foregin players non EU?
                        I'm not entirely sure when it was exactly, but I think Ando faced that problem before he went to Fulham/trying out for Blackburn. Even though he warmed the bench at Fulham for 2 years however, he still kicked arse with Team Melli.

From my understanding, Iranians who've done well in English leagues were/are the ones who came up through European youth systems. Like Ghoochannejhad, Dejagah, Ghoddos.. Allahyar's situation is a bit different because he spent a year at Esteghlal. But even he was a part of Fenerbahce's youth.

It makes me wonder if that's part of our EPL curse lol. If EPL managers take that into consideration (as a big deal), when they sign new players/foreigners who came up the youth system outside of Europe.

Comment

As a Chelsea supporter, I am hoping to one day see an Iranian on the team, that would be a dream come true for me
                          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X