This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a joke

So the IFF wants to travel to Canada , a country that isn’t hosting the World Cup , which is almost 2 day travel away from us ,, Why??????

We avoid the Japan friendlies ??? Why
    We don’t want to play in the Qatar friendly games ?? Why ???

I am sure Canada would be more than happy to play the games in Qatar as they can get used to the environment country stadiums. ? Why is the IFF so insistent the games have to be played in CANADA , ???

It be easier for both teams , Canada has a whole bunch of European bases player anyway much easier for both teams ???

M

Have you ever heard the saying, "Beggars Can't Be Choosers?" In this case, if we get a friendly with a high quality team like Canada...quit your complaining

Comment

The point is Canada wants to play in Qatar , New Zealand wants to play in Qatar even Senegal wants to play us in Qatar …

June friendlies

Vs New Zealand

Vs Canada

Vs Senegal

You have a better chance of get a full force Canada in Qatar some of their stars might skip the friendly games , we will mostly like play fringe players in the game against Canada in Canada ,

Comment

I explained in another thread why Canada needs to host its June friendly - it has to do with Nations League and related travel considerations:
        http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2813820

Basically, Canada would be unable to travel to Qatar for a June friendly, as you suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by a_m View Post
          So the IFF wants to travel to Canada , a country that isn’t hosting the World Cup , which is almost 2 day travel away from us ,, Why??????

We avoid the Japan friendlies ??? Why
          We don’t want to play in the Qatar friendly games ?? Why ???

I am sure Canada would be more than happy to play the games in Qatar as they can get used to the environment country stadiums. ? Why is the IFF so insistent the games have to be played in CANADA , ???

It be easier for both teams , Canada has a whole bunch of European bases player anyway much easier for both teams ???

M
          Why would it be a 2 day travel?
          It's only an hour and half flight to Qatar then it's 14 hour direct flight to Toronto.. Really not that bad especially considering they'll be in first class too. At this rate, I would gladly do a friendly with Canada then the ones we've had in past two WCs.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
            Why would it be a 2 day travel?
            It's only an hour and half flight to Qatar then it's 14 hour direct flight to Toronto.. Really not that bad especially considering they'll be in first class too. At this rate, I would gladly do a friendly with Canada then the ones we've had in past two WCs.
            If we can get 2 of Canada, Ecuador, NZ, and/or Bolivia then we are very fortunate given the delays and excuses. I'm not sure allow these teams will be helpful for our WC group tactics but can certainly help in other areas. Just not sure IFF can make it happen.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              If we can get 2 of Canada, Ecuador, NZ, and/or Bolivia then we are very fortunate given the delays and excuses. I'm not sure allow these teams will be helpful for our WC group tactics but can certainly help in other areas. Just not sure IFF can make it happen.
              I mean, Canada is as good of a preparation as you can ask for when playing the US. New Zealand is the closest thing we can land in terms of preparing us for England. Ecuador is a relatively strong team, they won't prepare us for any of our specific World Cup opponents, but playing a World Cup caliber team is great nonetheless. Bolivia, is better than playing Syria or Uzbekistan. So yeah, if IFF can pull it off, it would be amazing. And then throw in a potential Qatar tournament too, and you've got a pretty decent preparation for something that was looking like it would be a disaster.
              Last edited by Kian Persepolis; 05-04-2022, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                I mean, Canada is as good of a preparation as you can ask for when playing the US. New Zealand is the closest thing we can land in terms of preparing us for England. Ecuador is a relatively strong team, they won't prepare us for any of our specific World Cup teams, but playing a World Cup caliber team is great nonetheless. Bolivia, is better than playing Syria or Uzbekistan. So yeah, if IFF can pull it off, it would be amazing. And then throw in a potential Qatar tournament too, and you've got a pretty decent preparation for something that was looking like it would be a disaster.
                Big if...unfortunately I won't believe it till theu take the pitch.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Can we close this thread lmao

Comment

I don't understand the fascination with playing games in Qatar in June. It's like 110 degrees in Qatar in June. How does that prepare you for World Cup games in Qatar in Nov/Dec when it's like 75 degrees?

Comment

We don't need a new thread for every little thing. You can just post your concern in the friendly or preparation thread!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Casra The Great View Post
                        I don't understand the fascination with playing games in Qatar in June. It's like 110 degrees in Qatar in June. How does that prepare you for World Cup games in Qatar in Nov/Dec when it's like 75 degrees?
                        Field and stands will be airconditioned in June.

Comment

Originally posted by MehdiKing View Post
                          We don't need a new thread for every little thing. You can just post your concern in the friendly or preparation thread!!!!
                          Yes agreed we have many threads for these topics - please continue there.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                          X