Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for this St_Mark jaan. Osooli (member of IFF Board of Directors and BoD spokesperson) confirms that Skocic rejected playing with New Zeland. Is Skocic OK? What is a viable alternative? Doesn't he know these people who are currently "in charge" at IFF?

Also Osooli says that five companies are participating in bidding for TMs' kits for a period of three years. Two Iranian firms (my guess is Majid and Afam), one Iranian firm that has the license for a foreign firm at produces the kits in Iran (probably Uhlsport) and two foreign firms. He said that customs is an issue and priority goes to companies who do their production in Iran. He also says that they have to finalize the kit for FIFA WC in early June, apparently there is a FIFA deadline in that regard.

Go TM!

Comment

so in the interview he says that the 2nd friendly they are negotiating is with a country from that part of the world. I looked up the COCACAF schedule and I can't find a single team from that federation that has free spots left.

Which leads me to believe he is referring to South America (which is like lumping in sub-saharan Africa with Nordic countries lol). I strongly doubt we will be seeing a friendly against Brazil or Argentina. Chile's schedule is full, Venezuela and Ecuador have matches in Saudi in that time period. I believe the logical conclusion will be Bolivia which has 0 friendlies schedule in that FIFA day.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        so in the interview he says that the 2nd friendly they are negotiating is with a country from that part of the world. I looked up the COCACAF schedule and I can't find a single team from that federation that has free spots left.

Which leads me to believe he is referring to South America (which is like lumping in sub-saharan Africa with Nordic countries lol). I strongly doubt we will be seeing a friendly against Brazil or Argentina. Chile's schedule is full, Venezuela and Ecuador have matches in Saudi in that time period. I believe the logical conclusion will be Bolivia which has 0 friendlies schedule in that FIFA day.
        I like your analysis, but your applying logic to statements that have no value, integrity, and credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          If he didn’t agree why did he wait till now and why did IFF pursue it?

Doesn’t make sense. Reason is something else probably.
          I think they wanted to have a back up plan in case Canada friendly did not pan out... Now that we have one and hopefully two friendlies in Canada, they can cut New Zealand loose. My personal preference is for Iran to play two games in Canada and then go to Qatar for a two week camp without a friendly or just spend most of June in Canada... We need a camp as bad as we need friendlies.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
            I think they wanted to have a back up plan in case Canada friendly did not pan out... Now that we have one and hopefully two friendlies in Canada, they can cut New Zealand loose. My personal preference is for Iran to play two games in Canada and then go to Qatar for a two week camp without a friendly or just spend most of June in Canada... We need a camp as bad as we need friendlies.
            FIFA Days are May 30-June 14, Players are not available after that.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
              FIFA Days are May 30-June 14, Players are not available after that.
              My understanding is that on FIFA days, clubs are obligated to release their players.... but during non-FIFA days, the clubs are not obligated to release their players... However, since most clubs are releasing their players during all of June for vacation, then players can do as they please on their vacation. So potentially, we can have the players all of June although at least a week of rest is probably a good idea. I think most clubs want their players back sometime in July... I could be wrong about all this.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                Tbf, I thought New Zealand was pretty good prep for England in terms of something realistic that we could arrange. Other option would be playing against Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                  Tbf, I thought New Zealand was pretty good prep for England in terms of something realistic that we could arrange. Other option would be playing against Australia.
                  Besides the fact they have the Union Jack in the flag, what exactly do NZ + AUS have in common with England it terms of footballing?

Comment

^ I don't think they do other than cultural or historical connections. NZ and AU don't come close to England's level

For England we need a top tier friendly, preferably European. But doubt we'll get it at this point. It's getting late

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                      Besides the fact they have the Union Jack in the flag, what exactly do NZ + AUS have in common with England it terms of footballing?
                      They both have a few Premier League players and are more or less similar in terms of playing style, though the gap in quality is no doubt massive. They're both relatively physical sides

Comment

"we will have a meeting with Skocic on Monday to announce the new list,"

''
                        Second TM friendly game will be in Toronto/''
                        said Estili

اسکوچیچ دوشنبه به ایران می آید و باید لیست خود را به ما بدهد. البته قطعا این لیست تعداد نفرات بیشتری خواهد داشت زیرا بحث کرونا و سایر مسائل وجود دارد باید زودتر لیست را اعلام کنیم. در بحث ویزا برای سفر به کانادا مقداری مشکل داریم.

قرار است اردویی 5 روزه در تهران برگزار کنیم باید ویزای خود برای این سفر را از آنکارای ترکیه بگیریم روز گذشته با معبودی فر سرکنسول ایران در ترکیه صحبت کردم آنها کمک می کنند در آنکارا هم زمین تمرین داشته باشیم و بتوانیم در این شهر هم تمرین کنیم.

His extended interview:
                        TM Preparation

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/251737
                        Last edited by St_Mark; 05-13-2022, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                          They both have a few Premier League players and are more or less similar in terms of playing style, though the gap in quality is no doubt massive. They're both relatively physical sides
                          I agree given our circumstances, I think it would've been a good match
                          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/251...A7%D9%86%DB%8C

stunner by hardani vs old club foolad. Was playing RWB for usual as SS, found himself on the left on counter attack, cut in and unleashed a beauty.

His technical level, speed is very high. Physically he is also very wiry and low center of gravity makes him hard to push around. Obviously question marks about his 1v1 defending vs higher level wingers especially, but same applies to all RB options.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                              "we will have a meeting with Skocic on Monday to announce the new list,"

''
                              Second TM friendly game will be in Toronto/''
                              said Estili

His extended interview:
                              TM Preparation

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/251737
                              They should arrange a friendly in Tehran during those 5 days.
                              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

List of available teams for friendlier is running out.

Iran wanted to play El Salvador in Toronto. El Salvador agreed but no decent stadium was available in Toronto at the time, so it fell apart.

IFF, continuing to exceed operations in how poorly they plan anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X