WC22 TM's preparation and friendlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naderi is literally Noorafkan if Noorafkan didn't have an offense as well

Noorafkan is better than Naderi, and Noorafkan himself is awful defensively so we might be screwed

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
      I also think that Afshin Ghotbi as Assistant Coach and Omid Namazi as Analyst and Steve Beitashour as Defender would benefit TM's clash with USA.
      Don’t know about the other two, but Afshin Ghotbi can stay as far as possible from TM.
      He’s analysis of S.Korea in 2009 ” Relax, i know them like the palm of my hands” screwed us over big time.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

New Zealand will play a friendly with Peru in June

https://old.reddit.com/r/Aleague/com...of_both_sides/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
          New Zealand will play 2 friendlies with Peru in June

https://old.reddit.com/r/Aleague/com...of_both_sides/
          I think it's just one game, just different dates depending on where you live.

Comment

New Zealand will play Peru in a friendly on June 5 in Barcelona, and are planning a 2nd friendly in Qatar against another national team (unknown) on June 9 before their June 14 playoff game in Qatar against Costa Rica:
            https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/foo...6JPXEJO2OWIWY/

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

People any news about the Friendly games???
                I think finally Iran play against Uzbekistan or Oman.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                  he will add alot to our offense his crosses are best lb we might have
                  but
                  in defense we will have problems wih him.

vahid amiri and then norafkan are our best lb
                  shoja khalilzad is our best rb(base his dominance first 40 minutes vs s.k in korea soul.)
                  I was also impressed with Khalilzadeh at right back VS south korea and we went downhill quickly after he was injured.

I would also rather have Amiri at left back because we simply don't have another reliable option there. - It's unfortunate because I'd definitely rather have amiri in central mid or left mid since he's such a great aggressive hustler and can add so much to our offence and counter-attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                    I was also impressed with Khalilzadeh at right back VS south korea and we went downhill quickly after he was injured.

I would also rather have Amiri at left back because we simply don't have another reliable option there. - It's unfortunate because I'd definitely rather have amiri in central mid or left mid since he's such a great aggressive hustler and can add so much to our offence and counter-attacks.
                    How good is Amiri defensively? Not losing his man, not getting beat 1v1, tackling, etc... I know he played LB for perspolis but I never saw any of those games, and the couple of times he played LB for TM, he was not really under a lot of pressure to get a sense for his defensive abilities.

Excluding Amiri, our best LB defensively is hands down Mohammadi, the problem of course is his offensive, play making and ball handling abilities. But I can see him used against England just for his defensive abilities. He also has a good engine and he is fast so he can go up and down the field a lot which is helpful is stretching the field and opening spaces for others but don't expect him to beat his player 1v1 or sending in good crosses unless he has plenty of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                      How good is Amiri defensively? Not losing his man, not getting beat 1v1, tackling, etc... I know he played LB for perspolis but I never saw any of those games, and the couple of times he played LB for TM, he was not really under a lot of pressure to get a sense for his defensive abilities.

Excluding Amiri, our best LB defensively is hands down Mohammadi, the problem of course is his offensive, play making and ball handling abilities. But I can see him used against England just for his defensive abilities. He also has a good engine and he is fast so he can go up and down the field a lot which is helpful is stretching the field and opening spaces for others but don't expect him to beat his player 1v1 or sending in good crosses unless he has plenty of time.
                      That's a good point regarding the oppposition and i'm not sure about how much he was tested but I know Amiri is definitely a strong player defensively when it comes to the midfield and he has great pace, so he would hopefully be a reliable opton there against England.

Mohammadi would be a good choice too if it's his defensive game that's strong, but i thought he was more about his pace and getting up the pitch to attack, but just lacked good passing and crossing etc???
                      As long as he can defend, he would be a good option since he's very fast like England's wingers.

Comment

We have pretty much the easy path to the 2nd round also have a change to play a easier team in the 2nd

But The IFF like always doesn’t care ,

Team that play like English

Ireland
                        N. Ireland
                        Iceland
                        Denmark
                        Sweden
                        Norway
                        Australia
                        New Zealand

Team like the USA

Canada
                        Germany
                        Macedonian
                        Greece
                        Czech Republic

Comment

The best case scenario for this team is every single Europe based players is in the form of their lives once this World Cup starts
                          Cause based on how things going there won’t be any training camps or that many friendly games

Comment

Originally posted by a_m View Post
                            The best case scenario for this team is every single Europe based players is in the form of their lives once this World Cup starts
                            Cause based on how things going there won’t be any training camps or that many friendly games
                            Problem is, our opponents have better European players at every position with exception of Mehdi, Sardar (once he hits form). I’ll give it to Amir Abedzadeh too cause I’m a fan.

So this formula is not enough.
                            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by a_m View Post
                              We have pretty much the easy path to the 2nd round also have a change to play a easier team in the 2nd

But The IFF like always doesn’t care ,

Team that play like English

Ireland
                              N. Ireland
                              Iceland
                              Denmark
                              Sweden
                              Norway
                              Australia
                              New Zealand

Team like the USA

Canada
                              Germany
                              Macedonian
                              Greece
                              Czech Republic
                              a_m jan,

As other members have pointed out on this forum, even if IFF was capable and professional, we couldn't play any of the European teams you listed as their FIFA days are filled with UEFA Nations League.

Canada, Australia and New Zealand are all options though.

Comment

I swear if NZ will be in Qatar in June, and haven't planned for their friendly while there, and IFF can't close that deal, I'm beyond speechless... It's like they come knock on your door and ask to play in your backyard, you just gotta show up, but you're drunk and reject the offer... But then again, it's IFF (part of IR), I wouldn't be surprised...

Comment

Working...
                                X