No announcement yet.

WC22 TM's preparation and friendlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No need to dream about friendlies with euro team (except Russia), they are busy with national league.

We should target Australia, Canada. The rest can be various South America/African teams (was fine with Peru, cameroon, senegal and Ghana rumor)

Comment

Guys, stop dreaming of friendlies with Europeans. It’s not happening. Even if we had money their schedules are packed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        Guys, stop dreaming of friendlies with Europeans. It’s not happening. Even if we had money their schedules are packed.
        Peru, Australia and Costa Rica is ok. New Zealand is a waste. 4th friendly should have been against a strong african/south american team.
        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
          Peru, Australia and Costa Rica is ok. New Zealand is a waste. 4th friendly should have been against a strong african/south american team.
          Let’s give it a few days. The 3 teams you mention will be in Qatar too in June but their level of motivation will vary greatly depending on whether or not they won their playoff.

Comment

Let’s give it a few days. The 3 teams you mention will be in Qatar too in June but their level of motivation will vary greatly depending on whether or not they won their playoff.
            You do realize that the playoff finals are on the 13/14 June, which is at the end off the June Fifa window?
            Fifa window is between 30th May-14th June.

Autralia vs UAE will be on 7th June.
            Costa Rica is busy until 5th June.

This should be the schedule:

Iran Australia 30 May/1 June
            Iran Peru 4-5 June
            Iran-Costa Rica 9-10 June
            Iran- SA/CAF 14th June

The New Zealand game is a waste.
            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

You do realize that the playoff finals are on the 13/14 June, which is at the end off the June Fifa window?

Iran Peru 4-5 June
              Iran- SA/CAF 14th June

Excellent point about the schedule dates. I had thought the playoffs were first for some reason. I think your slate of proposed friendlies is excellent. However incompetent IFF usually underperforms. If they can get us 4 friendlies in the June window against actual national teams I’ll be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                In the rare case, I have to say this is a good friendly within the context of Iran's group against physical anglosphere teams. New Zealand could be good preparation for USA or England.
                Canada, Australia, Ireland, Northern Ireland, etc... would also be great if it could be arranged.
                Agreed here. And New Zealand has starting players playing in Serie A, EPL and MLS, along with Denmark, Ireland and Turkey. Don't let their rank fool, this is a physical, European-style team, that will help us prep, even if they aren't world beaters.

That said...we do need a couple of world beaters to practice with

Comment

Excellent point about the schedule dates. I had thought the playoffs were first for some reason. I think your slate of proposed friendlies is excellent. However incompetent IFF usually underperforms. If they can get us 4 friendlies in the June window against actual national teams I’ll be surprised.
                  Thanks man, let’s hope for the best.
                  I know we have our differences regarding Skocic and the coaching situation.
                  Nothing personal from my side, cheers.
                  Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Comment

Thanks man, let’s hope for the best.
                      I know we have our differences regarding Skocic and the coaching situation.
                      Nothing personal from my side, cheers.
                      Same here man.
                      We’re all TM fans first and foremost. The rest is just discussion.
                      Never been personal for me either.

Comment

Iran Peru 4-5 June
                        Iran- SA/CAF 14th June

It will probably very beneficial for Australia to play Iran in preparation for their encounter with UAE on June 6 and for UAE to face New Zealand for same. Therefore, IFF should switch NZ with AUS.

Peru will not gain anything from playing with Iran. They are probably thinking Australia is the team they will be facing and therefore, Ireland (republic/north) and/or other English style teams would be a better choice.

Costa Rica is not the team it used to be, we gain nothing playing them. I rather play Canada.

We need pacey and physical teams from Africa. Senegal would be ideal.

Comment

The good news is that Skocic is still in Tehran. I am hoping that he is working with Esitili and others on WC preparation plan. June in Doha is an excellent opportunity to get friendlies against playoff teams and even others. I will be happy with three and positively surprised with four.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                            The good news is that Skocic is still in Tehran. I am hoping that he is working with Esitili and others on WC preparation plan. June in Doha is an excellent opportunity to get friendlies against playoff teams and even others. I will be happy with three and positively surprised with four.

Go TM!
                            Also will help test out the climate, if you can play there in summer, their "winter" will be a bit easier.
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                              Also will help test out the climate, if you can play there in summer, their "winter" will be a bit easier.
                              AC in stadiums year round apparently.

Comment

New Zealand is an extremely weak team, i’d rather have played Australia.
                                New Zealand got their asses kicked by Jordan a couple of months ago.
                                I think it was Nokhodi who said this, but New Zealand are a team that historically play to the level of their opponent.

I agree with you though, need more quality friendlies. If European teams aren't available, hopefully against good South American and African teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X