No announcement yet.

USA/England preparations for WC 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hungary played flawlessly. They were on top of it right from the go. They should have won 2-0 if that sitter was just tapped in. England also can be as easy to beat, depends on your game plans.
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post

England were poor a tried out a few players and that didn’t work but it gives Southgate a better understanding of his squad against quality position with these nation league games. Southgates indecision to change things up tactically has been England’s downfall a few times now. Defensively they can be got at - it is their weakest area. Their is an over reliance on Kane too, Abraham was on the bench and ready to go and would have given the defence something different to think about. Kane has a tendency to come deeper if he is getting success up front which is a sign that they are not performing well.

However I don’t think England will be losing sleep over this loss.
      Exactly my thoughts. This was a great friendly game for england .

We should really try to book a friendly with Albania , Hungary , Belgium in november.

Comment

USA arranging Asian friendlies in September meanwhile IFF...

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/repor...ernational-win

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

England losing to Germany

Comment

I think the injuries pretty much says it all. Players are not fit , tired and just wanna go home and enjoy their holiday. Specially english player because Premier league is so compact and some players were in CL and europa league so they are super tired.

Thanks to stupid eufa for this stupid tournament at wrong time. They messed up our chances to get friendly games !

European teams are available for november. We should set one friendly game with a european team.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
              I think the injuries pretty much says it all. Players are not fit , tired and just wanna go home and enjoy their holiday. Specially english player because Premier league is so compact and some players were in CL and europa league so they are super tired.

Thanks to stupid eufa for this stupid tournament at wrong time. They messed up our chances to get friendly games !

European teams are available for november. We should set one friendly game with a european team.
              I like the concept of nations league but it should definitely be more casual and put on hold summer before a world cup, complete waste of time for everyone

as for asia, I hope they make a asian nations league so we have guaranteed games vs good opponents

Comment

Even with this having an end of a season game feel, Skocic and his team can still take away some valuable information from the games England etc are playing.
                Even with England being down tonight Southgate was not willing to change his formation and also unwilling to take off Kane. England will play with Kane up front (well he plays a various amount of positions) and it is unlikely, especially as it is the first game, that he will be subbed off. Unless they have already won the game.
                Southgate has a reliance on some players, he likes to play with a back 3. In that back 3 you will have definitely have Maguire, Walker and then one of Stones or Coady. These three are all liabilities - they can also play quite a high line which gives us a chance to use the strength and pace of Azmoun and Taremi. The back 3 are prone to mistakes too, Walker especially.
                The other thing we need to take from this is that England will have a strong bench that can change a game, as what happened tonight. Even if we manage to take the lead or be in a drawing position they have the ability to bring on a game changer, Skocic will have to be ready for that and be quick to counter the change tactically. For example Grealish tonight and Bowen were able to open up a tiring German defence.
                Pickford is prone to a mistake also - he is a good shot stopper but he can be weak aerially and we need to try and take advantage of that.

Comment

England draws Germany after a late penalty equalizer today: 1-1

Wales plays Netherlands tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                    Even with this having an end of a season game feel, Skocic and his team can still take away some valuable information from the games England etc are playing.
                    Even with England being down tonight Southgate was not willing to change his formation and also unwilling to take off Kane. England will play with Kane up front (well he plays a various amount of positions) and it is unlikely, especially as it is the first game, that he will be subbed off. Unless they have already won the game.
                    Southgate has a reliance on some players, he likes to play with a back 3. In that back 3 you will have definitely have Maguire, Walker and then one of Stones or Coady. These three are all liabilities - they can also play quite a high line which gives us a chance to use the strength and pace of Azmoun and Taremi. The back 3 are prone to mistakes too, Walker especially.
                    The other thing we need to take from this is that England will have a strong bench that can change a game, as what happened tonight. Even if we manage to take the lead or be in a drawing position they have the ability to bring on a game changer, Skocic will have to be ready for that and be quick to counter the change tactically. For example Grealish tonight and Bowen were able to open up a tiring German defence.
                    Pickford is prone to a mistake also - he is a good shot stopper but he can be weak aerially and we need to try and take advantage of that.
                    interesting you mention aerially. I know we saw some vids this week of our guys practicing FK, PKs and whatnot, obviously that is standard especially for the forward players to do towards the end of each session and fun pieces to include in training vids.

What they wont post videos of for obvious reasons, and what I really hope is happening, is team sessions for corners and FK that require a cross into the box. This used to be one of our GO TO way for goals in CQ era. In WC 2018, both goals came from set pieces (PK Sardar got was initially a corner). Karim's big chance vs Spain and Saeid's offside goal, also 2 set pieces.

During Sko's time we have been horrific in this department, not just in terms of scoring, but even getting close most of the time. The delivery are sometimes bad, but more often than that, nobody attacks the good ones properly. We just send them in the box and hope for the best. Given the fact we actually have quite a tall team this is not good enough. The players should all know exactly what zones to attack, some guys need to be distractions, others need to be blocking people off, etc

Comment

I wonder if Toshack can do one favour for his old club and lure Bale to Tractor.

They will "look after him"

https://www.theguardian.com/football...er-robert-page

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                        I wonder if Toshack can do one favour for his old club and lure Bale to Tractor.

They will "look after him"

https://www.theguardian.com/football...er-robert-page

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                          I like the concept of nations league but it should definitely be more casual and put on hold summer before a world cup, complete waste of time for everyone

as for asia, I hope they make a asian nations league so we have guaranteed games vs good opponents
                          I personally think Fifa is trying to milk the sport. Its just way too many competition for this sport man.

Euro Games , Europe league , World cup qualifiers , World cup , club League games , Champions league , europa league , conference league world club world cup.. Its too much for players to be in 4-5 of these competitions .

And they have increased the teams in world cup to milk more fans .... Crap Teams like Jamaica, UAE , Salvador and Iraq now can easily make it to world cup. enough is enough, they are destroying the sport by making stupid decision like this.

Comment

Now is playing Wales vs Netherlands
                            Wales is playing very good football.

Comment

Wales look excellent. They should be up vs. Netherlands.
                              "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

WC group B opponents are all to be taken seriously and that includes Wales!

Comment

Working...
                                X