USA/England preparations for WC 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    US are defensively soorakh, esp in transition (after they turn the ball over).

TM needs to adopt similar approach to morocco game with defensive line set just slightly higher. We need to out battle them in the midfield, then break fast to our superior front players.

Taremi, Azmoun, Allahyar should line up as a front 3 that game with 3 of the following: Amiri, Ezatolahi, Mehdipour, Ebrahimi, Ghoddos in mid. Midfielders will need to cover a lot of ground and be super aggressive in 50/50s, not let their creative guys get any rhythm. Back line should be deep so not to allow space in behind for pulisic + aaronson to run into.
    Morocco is getting TORN APART by USA right now, FYI. 2-0 33rd minute and the game shouldn't even be that close. Could easily be 4-0. People better not sleep on USA.

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
      Morocco is getting TORN APART by USA right now, FYI. 2-0 33rd minute and the game shouldn't even be that close. Could easily be 4-0. People better not sleep on USA.
      not sleeping on them at all. If you give them space in midfield they have quality players and will punish. They struggle in transition, and defensively are frail (look at their qualifying results).

Their midfield line is their strongest line, conversely it is our weakest line. They have 3 players there at all times and usually more, 2 man CM line will be disaster.

Comment

morocco missing some good players like ziyech

Comment

Should be 1-0 USA. Moroccan keeper should have saved that shot from Weah. USA is a team of kids. I think our experience and physicality will be our strength against the USA. I’m not taking the USA lightly but I must say the are a bit overrated.

Comment

The USA is playing like it is the World Cup already , they never treat friendly games like a friendly

Comment

Originally posted by a_m View Post
              The USA is playing like it is the World Cup already , they never treat friendly games like a friendly
              Exactly. To Americans you're either a winner or a loser. No such thing as friendlies.

This is also how they played against Canada, but Canada's goalie made some incredible saves, and the Canadians were also happy to sit back and absorb the pressure.

The Americans are a bunch of good, young, athletic, semi decent technical players.

Comment

Halilhodzic will also be destroyed by the Moroccan fans now.
                They already wanted him gone, now they have more reason to hate him.

Comment

Furthermore about the USA - we want them very arrogant and thinking they're the greatest.

In 98 they came in with some decent friendly results, I remember them constantly bringing up a win against Brazil early in 98. They were deluded enough to think qualification to the 2nd round was a given. I don't think they even scouted TM, or at least well (Ghotbi was working for them at that time).
                  We beat them in the US game despite Talebi's poor tactics and lack of charisma/leadership.

In short, let the US come in super confident - that's when they do worst.

Comment

Pulisic not super happy with the low number of US fans (and likely the high number of Morrocan fans) at the match today in Cincinnati. Someone should school him of the Rose Bowl crowd for the US-Iran Friendly in 2000. Bro we had the ENTIRE stadium in alternating Green/White/Red dressed fans. I remember the American fans were in one tiny corner of the stadium. It was so memorable =)

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      Halilhodzic will also be destroyed by the Moroccan fans now.
                      They already wanted him gone, now they have more reason to hate him.
                      I don’t blame his haters, they have a good reason. They have no consistency under him and when they look bad, they look REALLY bad. They’re nothing compared to the team renard had put together that we faced…..that team was 20x better than this current team and the talent pool is the same, if not better now.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        I don’t blame his haters, they have a good reason. They have no consistency under him and when they look bad, they look REALLY bad. They’re nothing compared to the team renard had put together that we faced…..that team was 20x better than this current team and the talent pool is the same, if not better now.
                        It's time fans give Halilhodzic credit.
                        The man has qualified 4 teams to the World Cup (Ivory Coast, Algeria, Japan and now Morocco), but only gone to the tournament once because he has an abrasive personality, and doesn't take shit, especially from club ultras, media, and bratty players.

He's basically CQ.

His resume speaks for itself. Let's not forget he took Algeria to the 2nd round in 2014 as well.

Moroccans should understand Halilhodzic is not a guy who shows his cards, until the World Cup itself. THe rest is just for him to tinker.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

Wise intelligent coaches know that only the World Cup games actually matter , the friendlies are important but they don’t really meaning anything , it allows the coach to experiment , without any actual risk , and the players learn new tactics, it is only a friendly game …..

Like France with you the finals but always performs poorly in all the friendly games

I REPEAT ONLY YHE USA TAKES FRIENDLY GAMES THIS SERIOUSLY, they play as if it is the finals of the World Cup then they flat in the real World Cup

But hey at least they have friendly games ….

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            It's time fans give Halilhodzic credit.
                            The man has qualified 4 teams to the World Cup (Ivory Coast, Algeria, Japan and now Morocco), but only gone to the tournament once because he has an abrasive personality, and doesn't take shit, especially from club ultras, media, and bratty players.

He's basically CQ.

His resume speaks for itself. Let's not forget he took Algeria to the 2nd round in 2014 as well.

Moroccans should understand Halilhodzic is not a guy who shows his cards, until the World Cup itself. THe rest is just for him to tinker.
                            He in my books is a top 5 national team coach. If only one day he could lead TM.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

This USA team is very strong. Good physique, top skills, very solid. Team Melli who has no friendly matches scheduled should be really worried. This is no team to take them easy. The USA team will take every opportunity to score goal.

Comment

England playing Hungry right now. Given Hungry's flag is basically and upside down Iranian flag, it may be worth a watch!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X