USA/England preparations for WC 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    You really have to give it to the USSF. Truly one of the most functional and professional in terms of arranging friendlies. I know their fans hate how they approach youth football and the coaching system, but at least they get to play!
    Spot on. If you look at things from a high level and just acknowledge the growth and development of the game as a whole in the US in the last 15-20 years it’s all credited to the investment on many different levels USSF and MLS both have made to create a strong foundation. There’s still more work to do but the amount of improvements in that time period is amazing….they know how to get sh*t done at the end of the day.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      Spot on. If you look at things from a high level and just acknowledge the growth and development of the game as a whole in the US in the last 15-20 years it’s all credited to the investment on many different levels USSF and MLS both have made to create a strong foundation. There’s still more work to do but the amount of improvements in that time period is amazing….they know how to get sh*t done at the end of the day.
      Good points. But the growth of the sport on both Canada and USA is also largely owed to the successes of the women's game. Both countries teams became huge crowd pleasers and sources of Olympic and international pride. Both nations have focused on a shared league as well and recruiting "stars" both in prime and close to end of career which has boosted the games hype in North America.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
        At least we can scout our opponents and they can't
        LOL true that..
        like i said before forgetabout friendlies ... even if we get a couple they'll be for most part useless.. just save your money and hassles instead hire a Top professional physical trainer and few of CQ's former assistant coaches like Danny G/Neku?... and just try to replicate his WC prep ideas from 2018 wc..!!
        Set up a 3 different Weeklong or longer if possible ... Prep camps in Kish island in the run up to WC .... one shortly prior to the games ..... reduce/cancel out some bs PGL league games and instead use the time to whip in shape and condition the few promising domestic TM candidates.. .!!
        you really dont need a fk ton of $$ the above... im fairly certain IR can figure a way to get around the FIFA money banking sanctions .. use Qatar as go between perhaps..? or just sell a ship load of oil to china/india or etc..!
        these be pooli BSs are just bahanast .... like the COVID situation prior ... which was a god sent to our beorzeh supposed managers in and around IFF

Comment

USA - Uruguay officially confirmed for June 5 in Kansas City

https://old.reddit.com/r/ussoccer/co...ontinues_with/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
            Lol, Kansas City. Does the USMNT have any more international games somewhere other than the midwest or polar ice caps?

Comment

i think against england we should play, 433

abedz
              sadegh - kanani - hosseini - shoja
              ezza - taremi - amiri
              arj - azmoun - allahayar

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                https://old.reddit.com/r/ussoccer/co...ontinues_with/
                oh nice
                in Kc ?
                ill probably go see if theyre worth a dime and what theyre all about ..? i havent watched a US game in a loooong time

ps
                i know most of the drummers and rowdy sam's army dudes and have access to members stand where they will likely be on the north end of the SKC Stadium....!
                watch for me in my Red WC 14 IRAN Shirt..!!
                Last edited by BacheLot; 04-27-2022, 03:14 PM.

Comment

US's starting cb

Comment

I would not dare to use Taremi as MD. We already saw what happened to Porto when SC used him in that postion! Why would we repeat the same mistake, It totally kills Taremi.

We should use Ezza, ahmad and Ghoddos. Thanks to brentford and Frank's deffensive system, ghoddos has adopted to deffend aswell as getting involved in attack. We already saw him taking up that role against Tottenham and he did pretty well. I think that was probably his best game after few months.

In game against Tottenham he did really well to take out son . IMO ghoddos will be a game changer if Skocic actually looks at what thomas frank did to tottenham.

IMO we should play as 5-2-3. Ghoddos playing as a Deffensive/Attacking . Exactly what he did against tottenham. One minute he was deffending and the next minute he was infront attacking. I noticed that he did "sometimes" change his side and I think this would be a huge game changer for us..

-----------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    Ghoddos----Shoja---Kanani---Majid--Noorafkan (Amiri)
                    ---------------Ezzatolahi------Ahmad---------
                    Gholizade-----------------------------------Taremi
                    -------------------Sardar--------------------------

Taremi moving back and deffending with the team.
                    Ghoddos joining MD (ahmad - Ezza). Having connection with Gholizade
                    Shoja Taking Ghoddos position during attack (exactly what he did outstandingly against South korea). Playing as RB During attack.

Key players in this game will be Ghoddos, Taremi and Shoja.

If we concede bring Ghoddos to front line playing as winger (4-4-2) and Gholi take up taremis's spot.
                    Simple 4-3-3 will get us killed against England.

Comment

[Steven Goff] USMNT claimed Qatar hotel / training venue the second (literally the second) they became available in Oct 2019. "Tom King is up that night waiting for the portal to open," Berhalter says. "Germany wanted our hotel."

https://old.reddit.com/r/ussoccer/co...otel_training/

[Seattle Sounders] win the 2022 CONCACAF Champions League, becoming the first MLS side to win the competition.

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...caf_champions/

Comment

Aaron Long just got subbed off with an injury

https://old.reddit.com/r/ussoccer/co...e_11th_minute/

Miles Robinson is already likely out of the World Cup with an achilles injury

CB might become a problem for the US

Comment

US rumored to play in AFC-CONCACAF Nations Supercup in September against Qatar in Japan

https://old.reddit.com/r/ussoccer/co...al_teams_wiki/

Comment

No. Pos. Player Date of birth (age) Caps Goals Club
                            1 GK Yassine Bounou (vice-captain) 5 April 1991 (age 31) 40 0 Spain Sevilla
                            12 GK Munir El Kajoui 10 May 1989 (age 33) 43 0 Turkey Hatayspor
                            GK Anas Zniti 28 October 1988 (age 33) 5 0 Morocco Raja Casablanca
                            2 DF Achraf Hakimi 4 November 1998 (age 23) 48 8 France Paris Saint-Germain
                            3 DF Adam Masina 2 January 1994 (age 28) 14 0 England Watford
                            5 DF Nayef Aguerd 30 March 1996 (age 26) 19 1 France Rennes
                            6 DF Romain Saïss (captain) 26 March 1990 (age 32) 60 1 England Wolverhampton Wanderers
                            16 DF Yahia Attiyat Allah 2 March 1995 (age 27) 1 0 Morocco Wydad Casablanca
                            18 DF Jawad El Yamiq 29 February 1992 (age 30) 11 2 Spain Valladolid
                            20 DF Samy Mmaee 8 September 1996 (age 25) 8 0 Hungary Ferencváros
                            21 DF Sofiane Alakouch 29 July 1998 (age 23) 3 0 France Metz
                            DF Noussair Mazraoui 14 November 1997 (age 24) 12 2 Germany Bayern Munich
                            DF Sofian Chakla 2 September 1993 (age 28) 4 0 Belgium OH Leuven
                            DF Mohamed Chibi 21 January 1993 (age 29) 1 0 Morocco AS FAR
                            4 MF Sofyan Amrabat 21 August 1996 (age 25) 34 0 Italy Fiorentina
                            8 MF Azzedine Ounahi 19 April 2000 (age 22) 4 2 France Angers
                            11 MF Fayçal Fajr 1 August 1988 (age 33) 48 3 Turkey Sivasspor
                            13 MF Ilias Chair 30 October 1997 (age 24) 8 1 England Queens Park Rangers
                            15 MF Selim Amallah 15 November 1996 (age 25) 19 4 Belgium Standard Liège
                            MF Adel Taarabt 24 May 1989 (age 33) 29 4 Portugal Benfica
                            MF Aymen Barkok 21 May 1998 (age 24) 17 1 Germany Eintracht Frankfurt
                            9 FW Tarik Tissoudali 2 April 1993 (age 29) 6 2 Belgium Gent
                            10 FW Munir El Haddadi 1 September 1995 (age 26) 11 2 Spain Sevilla
                            14 FW Ayoub El Kaabi 25 June 1993 (age 28) 20 7 Turkey Hatayspor
                            19 FW Youssef En-Nesyri 1 June 1997 (age 24) 45 12 Spain Sevilla
                            FW Amine Harit 18 June 1997 (age 24) 11 0 France Marseille
                            FW Zakaria Aboukhlal 18 February 2000 (age 22) 9 2 Netherlands AZ
                            FW Soufiane Rahimi 23 March 1996 (age 26) 4 0 United Arab Emirates Al-Ain

Morocco called up a strong squad for the USA friendly

Comment

US starting lineup vs Morocco:

https://old.reddit.com/r/ussoccer/co...xi_vs_morocco/

Comment

US are defensively soorakh, esp in transition (after they turn the ball over).

TM needs to adopt similar approach to morocco game with defensive line set just slightly higher. We need to out battle them in the midfield, then break fast to our superior front players.

Taremi, Azmoun, Allahyar should line up as a front 3 that game with 3 of the following: Amiri, Ezatolahi, Mehdipour, Ebrahimi, Ghoddos in mid. Midfielders will need to cover a lot of ground and be super aggressive in 50/50s, not let their creative guys get any rhythm. Back line should be deep so not to allow space in behind for pulisic + aaronson to run into.

Comment

Working...
                                X