USA/England preparations for WC 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
    ^ Players go to the MLS for an early retirement, cashing in while living in the USA. No international, world class player has played in the MLS in their prime. Exact opposite.
    I said "former greats"!!!!! But does not mean they are no longer dangerous. Ibrahimovic returned to Europe and still had a couple of very successful seasons in Italy despite his age and injuries.

Comment

Yeah and to set up biz and connections for after their careers.

Anyway, Bale probably goes for the golf pitches 🤣
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
        I said "former greats"!!!!! But does not mean they are no longer dangerous. Ibrahimovic returned to Europe and still had a couple of very successful seasons in Italy despite his age and injuries.
        Agreed! Former greats. Former.

They can still be dangerous, but definitely past their prime and not something for TM to be afraid of (if we had a competent coach).

Comment

Talking about it on the radio. They are saying Bale’s wage is reportedly 600k over the year. He has made his money, it won’t be his motivation as he was on crazy money in Spain. He hasn’t played a full 90 minutes in a long time, his body is starting to let him down. However the MLS will be an nicer environment for him than the Championship , the league will be finished before the World Cup.
          Talks were that he probably would have retired if Wales didn’t qualify for the World Cup. He has a young family, going back to Cardiff would have been crazy for him and he would have been marked by the opposition and kicked off the pitch.
          People saying about how we should beat Wales now with their best player being in MLS I am hoping are saying it with a bit of cheek. Bales main weapon is his abilities from free kick, corners etc. He plays for Wales more as a striker and isn’t expected to do the hard work. If we , as we do, give away silly fouls around the box then he will punish us. Whether he is at Madrid , LA or Cardiff.

Comment

^ Players go to the MLS for an early retirement, cashing in while living in the USA. No international, world class player has played in the MLS in their prime. Exact opposite.
            That even wasn't the point I was trying to make. Football is not an individualistic sport...

There are a number of other players on that Welsh side that can and will cause danger.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
              That even wasn't the point I was trying to make. Football is not an individualistic sport...

There are a number of other players on that Welsh side that can and will cause danger.
              Brennan Johnson has the potential to play well against us. If Dan James can rediscover his scoring touch, Kieffer Moore is strong in the air. Aaron Ramsey if he can get his fitness back, Harry Wilson smashed it with Fulham last season. Neco Williams and Ben Davies are good attacking wingbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                Talking about it on the radio. They are saying Bale’s wage is reportedly 600k over the year. He has made his money, it won’t be his motivation as he was on crazy money in Spain. He hasn’t played a full 90 minutes in a long time, his body is starting to let him down. However the MLS will be an nicer environment for him than the Championship , the league will be finished before the World Cup.
                Talks were that he probably would have retired if Wales didn’t qualify for the World Cup. He has a young family, going back to Cardiff would have been crazy for him and he would have been marked by the opposition and kicked off the pitch.
                People saying about how we should beat Wales now with their best player being in MLS I am hoping are saying it with a bit of cheek. Bales main weapon is his abilities from free kick, corners etc. He plays for Wales more as a striker and isn’t expected to do the hard work. If we , as we do, give away silly fouls around the box then he will punish us. Whether he is at Madrid , LA or Cardiff.
                And we need BEIRA in goal vs Wales. Much better at saving shots than Abedz.
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                  Brennan Johnson has the potential to play well against us. If Dan James can rediscover his scoring touch, Kieffer Moore is strong in the air. Aaron Ramsey if he can get his fitness back, Harry Wilson smashed it with Fulham last season. Neco Williams and Ben Davies are good attacking wingbacks.
                  I fully agree with you, try explaining that to Kasra.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                    Agree and I regret ever praising garbage like Noorafkan! Even if Milad is not at the same level he was years ago, he's still a clear class above Noorafkan.
                    Hoorad jan, both of us were once sympathetic to Noorafkan because we saw his redeeming qualities at one point (good passer, vision, eye for goal)

But I think after these last few matches it's clear as day that Noorafkan is a complete liability on defense and that his qualities aren't very redeeming...

Comment

Agreed! Former greats. Former.

They can still be dangerous, but definitely past their prime and not something for TM to be afraid of (if we had a competent coach).
                      Your whole premise is so wrong. You have reduced Wales national team to one player. It is a team and a good team.

Secondly, MLS has good players and bad players. It exports players to Europe all the time. Bale will be a superstar in MLS. Many of USA players play play in MLS.

After finishing his contract with MLS, Ibrahimovic went to AC Milan and was a regular starter there!!!

Your post is not even related to the level of players at Wales, you just want to put down Skocic. Aziz, around here, putting down Skocic is like drinking a glass of water, you don't need to go round about ways to do it.

BTW, I suggest you look at Wales latest FIFA rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                        Hoorad jan, both of us were once sympathetic to Noorafkan because we saw his redeeming qualities at one point (good passer, vision, eye for goal)

But I think after these last few matches it's clear as day that Noorafkan is a complete liability on defense and that his qualities aren't very redeeming...
                        I don't know if Skocic will drop him, especially if he continually trusts him after his subpar ACL performances and gives him a full 90 minutes in the Algeria match despite doing more incorrectly than correctly.

His back line up at the world cup is probably going to be something like:

Moharrami---Kanaani---Khalilzadeh---Noorafkan

Comment

Maan i wish sko tested either arj or ghoddos at left back with amiri in front.. could be gold!

Like:
                          Beira
                          Moharrami, Hosseini, Kaanani, Ghoddos
                          Ezza, Ebrahimi, Amiri
                          ----Arj
                          Tarem, Azmoun

SUBS

ALLAHYAR FOR GHODDOS, Arj as lb, Taremi as Com, Allahyar and Azmoun on top.
                          At the end, last 10 mi utes. Sub in Gholi for Azmoun, Taremi Allahyar on top, play either Amiri or Gholi as Com
                          Would be interesting and confuse opponents coach
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Goes to show that Wales are beatable. Their best player is in the MLS lolz.

If only we had a competent coach..
                            They're definitely beatable, but to be honest so are England and the US

The only issue is finding a simple tactical approach for all three matches. Skocic needs to adopt a defensive block immediately or get lost.

Here's how I would approach the three games if I were the Team Melli manager:

- Against England I would play a 3-5-2, crowding the midfield and using wingbacks as defensive disruptors rather than using the wingbacks as a way to push our attack (unfortunately this is Skocic's main tactic).

A back three of Majid, Kanaani, and PAG along with Shoja and Amiri as wingbacks... Shoja subbed off in 50th-60th minute for Moharrami for more counter attacking push and Milad Mohammadi subbed in for Omid Ebrahimi around 60th or 70th minute. Move Milad to left back and Amiri to the midfield. Other substitutions depend on the flow of the match but my starting lineup would look something like this:

Beiro, Amiri, Majid, Kanaani, PAG, Shoja, Ebrahimi, Ezatolahi, ARJ/Ghoddos, Taremi, Azmoun

Against Wales I would play a 4-1-2-3. I would start off with the foot on the gas and press heavily, as Wales are susceptible to the press. If a goal is scored by Iran in the first 20 minutes as would be ideal, a defensive tactical shift would be administered. If still 0-0 by the 20th minute I would drop back and provide Wales with possession and sit back and defend until the 60th and 70th minutes which would bring on counter attacking speed players like Allahyar Sayyadmanesh and Hosseinzadeh.

Starting lineup against wales would look like:

Beiro, Amiri, Kanaani, Majid, Moharrami, Ezatolahi, Ebrahimi, Ghoddos, Taremi, Azmoun, ARJ

ARJ off for Allahyar in 50th-70th min mark, Azmoun off for Hosseinzadeh and move Taremi to lone striker

Against the US, it would obviously depend on our position in the table, but assuming we need a draw or win, I would once again play a 3-5-2.

This time HOWEVER, the tactical gameplan would be different than against England, which would completely throw the US off

Rather than park the bus, the goal would be to play a defensive gameplan in which the midfield gets extremely crowded to a point where the US defenders naturally shift up, and allow us to play a through ball to Azmoun, Allahyar, or Taremi for a goal. See South Korea against us in Tehran (Son goal against Moharrami).

My starting lineup would look something like this:

Beiro, Amiri, PAG, Kanaani, Majid, Moharrami, Ezatolahi, Ebrahimi, Taremi, Azmoun, Allahyar

Comment

Goes to show that Wales are beatable. Their best player is in the MLS lolz.

If only we had a competent coach..
                              Helllooooooo???? Our starting DM is going on a kabab tour of Tehran or Tabriz….. Behind him Laurel & Hardy from QSL… To their left… Omid NOORAFKAN….

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X