No announcement yet.

Amir Abedzadeh or Alireza beyranvand for #1 spot at the finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the World Cup was next week, I think it only makes sense for Dragan to start Amir.

Beiranvand has struggled in the last year because he hasn't been playing regularly. We've seen his form flop in Team Melli and it's not good. However, however, if Alireza gets back in form and plays consistently I will take him over Amir.

I have a lot of respect for Amir. He's a hard working athlete. It's not easy for goalkeepers who are also foreigners to do well in Europe. Which is why many of our goalkeepers refuse to leave Iran because they don't want to risk not playing and losing their form. Amir didn't use his father's name and waste away in our league. If anything he was raised right. Of course his dad had his back, but Amir made a name for himself because he earned it. He risked it by going abroad and look at him now. He's made us all proud.

I also have to be completely honest and nothing against Amir. I believe Beiranvand is better than Amir if Beiranvand gets consistent playing time against worthy opponents. When Beiro is doing really well, nobody can touch him. And these aren't just words, he's proven it time after time. He's proven it with performances in the AFC Champions League, at the Asian Cup and at the World Cup. He's got a lot of experience in tough competitions and is composed despite his form. So if Beiranvand gets back into form he should start at the World Cup.

Comment

Beiro, no doubt.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Beiro win
        https://youtube.com/shorts/mmpiTITPCLs?feature=share

Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
          Beiro didn't do as costly as a mistake in all his TM career as Abedzadeh's punch into the net in his one big game...
          This is false….his mess up vs Lebanon was just as bad.
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

if he goes back to persoplis then he will be match fit and all. Hopefully he has learnt a thing or two as well in his spell in Europe too
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic
            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Amir has better skill set but going into the World Cup we need the physicality of Beiro to be the wall in the back.
              I pick Beiro.
              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Beiranvand but only if he returns to Pespes over the next 4-6 weeks
                If he spends any more time in Europe then it may have to be Abedzadeh

Comment

i think Amir is a safer choice he less prone to do something that can cause a mistake, Beyranvand is more of a risk taker,,,, in pure raw talent, Ali is better but in terms of the whole professional set up Amir thrives , cause he keeps working at his craft,

I think the most important thing about this question would be WHO is in better form when the world cup starts ,

Comment

Something no one else has mentioned yet:

Beiranvand has one attribute that Abedzadeh and in fact a great many other goal keepers lack (not just Iranian, but world-wide):

He has a larger-than-life type of vibe about him. Like a cartoon character (but not not in a goofy way). He's just an unusual dude in general and his personal history, standout long throws coupled with his unquestionable natural goal keeping skills make him more of an icon than many other choices.

This is not to be under-estimated, especially for a national team goal keeper.

Of course, he needs to be in form and get his confidence back up. But when he is in top form and bursting with confidence he makes for a way above average goal keeper for any national team.

Comment

One more thing: Why always frame thing negatively? TM is actually in a pretty decent shape regarding goal keepers as soon as Beiranvand is back in shape!

Because Abedzadeh is a very good keeper too!

I really hope Beiranvand gets back in shape and then we will have two very good goal keepers!

Let them compete with each other and let both keep elevating their game.

When is the last time that we had two evenly matched goalies in TM to chose from? Just look at this survey: 50-50.

I think that's great!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        This is false….his mess up vs Lebanon was just as bad.
                        That was mostly the defense's fault if anything, totally freak incident with the wind, and we also won that game. Korea blunder practically cost the match, total morale destroyer just before HT

Comment

Abedz looked like Mahalat keeper today
                          He came long way but there is reason why up to 23/24 he was warming the bench at Rah ahan

Comment

he was just fine... did the best he could with dog shit soorakh backline in front of him..!! no fking way Beiro woulda faired any better than him in today's match... !!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                              he was just fine... did the best he could with dog shit soorakh backline in front of him..!! no fking way Beiro woulda faired any better than him in today's match... !!
                              He is not no1 material at all.

Comment

His exit was embarrassing
                                Which keeper at this level leave his net and look for ball this way?
                                He has too much unnecessary confidence.
                                A good dose of it, is a must for keeper but that was embarrassing, amateurish and childish to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X