• Time
  • Show
Clear All

All that death to USA and England and they are in our group
    We will get destroyed in set peaces

Harry Kane

I say we get 3-4 points from the group if we prepare well

Comment

Our reporters need to ask for a detailed plan and friendlies rather than just pursue the sensational. That is their job.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
        Our reporters need to ask for a detailed plan and friendlies rather than just pursue the sensational. That is their job.

Go TM!
        we have no reporting left in iran. See ferdosipour removal, one of the last independent, critical individuals in the sporting sphere.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          As was mentioned in previous threads, we have never been stomped at a WC. Ever. If we just take blueprint of the games vs argentina and spain, and ensure our team is physically as well prepared as 2018, we will frustrate england. Sure they are favorites to win and will likely find a way to break us down, but the chance of them stomping us is not high imo.

And we know that england still struggle defensively. Azmoun and Taremi in peak form will always give us some level of offensive threat.

Consider than in 2018 tunisia pushed england all the way and only lost in added on time 2-1. And if we compare to 2018 I dont think many of our players will have inferiority complex or waste time trying to adjust to oppositions level. Our front 3 have all scored vs the top english sides and know what level of play to be prepared for.

IMO the biggest key for this group is physical fitness/preparation. If we can physically hold our own vs these guys, cover the distances we did in 2018 (and maintain energy levels for all 3 games), be extremely strong in aerial duels and in general physical battles, we have the technical/personnel qualities to harm them all (if sko can get the midfield balance right and one of yasin/saman in strong form)
          Well, there's always a first, and this is biggest chance of that happening since 2006 vs Portugal.

We don't have the same manager or tactics as 2014 and 2018. I don't think we will for sure get dominated, I just don't know if our current coach has the ability to instill the discipline or the physical conditioning that is required to withstand England, France or Brazil. Also with the way that England typically dominate possession against weaker sides, it will be hard for our attacker to shine against them.

Basically imo our goal against England should be to keep the game as tight as possible. Even if we are losing by a goal or two in the 2nd half, not to get too crazy trying to make a comeback. If needs be, take an L, but try to keep it respectable.

Of course more than anything I'd like to see Iran will every match, but just trying to be a bit realistic here.

Comment

If we somehow beat England and USA but dont come out of the group, I wont care. Just beat those 2
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
              ROTFLOL. Gregg Berhalter regarding USMNT preparations "Saudi Arabia would be a good preparation for Iran... Similar playing styles and body types"... "that part of the world"... He literally goes by geographical proximity to come to that judgement? WTF! (good for Iran though)
              Saudis have totally different style and body type than TM. I think regarding playing style Uzbekistan and Iraq came the closest to TM- style IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                Twitter is the cesspool of human existence. The worst of the worst is there; and the minority are real loud. Let's just say.
                Definitely, but I don’t think I’m saying anything controversial when I say our football team is loved more by neutral fans than USA or England’s teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                  Saudis have totally different style and body type than TM. I think regarding playing style Uzbekistan and Iraq came the closest to TM- style IMO.
                  Gregg Berhalter probably wouldn't be able to point out Iran on the map if he wanted to.

Comment

That's actually an interesting question. If you were the US/England, who would you want to play to prepare for Iran?

My option would be a North African team. Algeria and Egypt in particular could be good options with some similarities

Saudi Arabia not really as US coach suggests

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      Definitely, but I don’t think I’m saying anything controversial when I say our football team is loved more by neutral fans than USA or England’s teams.
                      I don't think some people realize how popular TM is in Asia. We think that only Iranians root for TM, but there are tons of other nationalities that their own national team doesn't qualify, they root for Iran. I have a couple of colleagues from the Philippines who root for Iran during the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        That's because our boys are super-loveable (no homo)
                        "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

I dont enjoy football when its a game im more afraid to lose than one id be happy if we win.
                          Thats how Im feeling with this group. If we lost to ukraine i wouldn't care but loosing to any of the british wankers will drive me nuts
                          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

------------------Taremi--Azmoun-------------------
                              Jahanbakhsh---Ghoddos---Ezatolahi---Gholizadeh
                              Noorafkan----Hosseini----Kanaani----Moharrami
                              ---------------------Beiranvand----------------------

Sub in Sayyadmanesh, Mohebi, Alipour/Hosseinzadeh if down

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                                I don't think some people realize how popular TM is in Asia. We think that only Iranians root for TM, but there are tons of other nationalities that their own national team doesn't qualify, they root for Iran. I have a couple of colleagues from the Philippines who root for Iran during the WC.
                                My friend went to Japan to teach for a few years and he said Japanese girls loved TM and thought they were all good looking lol

Comment

Working...
                                X