No announcement yet.

Discuss Group B here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know a lot of people don't want to accept this, but England are actually a very good team, and their.style of play and players they have will be extremely difficult for Iran to handle.

It's not impossible for us to get 6 points from Scotland/Wales + USA, but I think a lot of that will depend on how we lose to England. If England stomp us in that first match, it will demoralise the players for the 2nd match, and that's the most important result in my opinion.

If we lose by even 2 goals but put up a semi respectable performance, then have a chance for the other matches. Win the 2nd match, we are riding high against USA and will for sure take away 3 point from them too.

Most likely though, I think we will finish with 4 points and finish third in the group.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
      Mossadegh, we will avenge you
      Lol post of the day right here
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        I know a lot of people don't want to accept this, but England are actually a very good team, and their.style of play and players they have will be extremely difficult for Iran to handle.
        It's not impossible for us to get 6 points from Scotland/Wales + USA, but I think a lot of that will depend on how we lose to England. If England stomp us in that first match, it will demoralise the players for the 2nd match, and that's the most important result in my opinion.
        If we lose by even 2 goals but put up a semi respectable performance, then have a chance for the other matches. Win the 2nd match, we are riding high against USA and will for sure take away 3 point from them too.
        Most likely though, I think we will finish with 4 points and finish third in the group.
        As was mentioned in previous threads, we have never been stomped at a WC. Ever. If we just take blueprint of the games vs argentina and spain, and ensure our team is physically as well prepared as 2018, we will frustrate england. Sure they are favorites to win and will likely find a way to break us down, but the chance of them stomping us is not high imo.

And we know that england still struggle defensively. Azmoun and Taremi in peak form will always give us some level of offensive threat.

Consider than in 2018 tunisia pushed england all the way and only lost in added on time 2-1. And if we compare to 2018 I dont think many of our players will have inferiority complex or waste time trying to adjust to oppositions level. Our front 3 have all scored vs the top english sides and know what level of play to be prepared for.

IMO the biggest key for this group is physical fitness/preparation. If we can physically hold our own vs these guys, cover the distances we did in 2018 (and maintain energy levels for all 3 games), be extremely strong in aerial duels and in general physical battles, we have the technical/personnel qualities to harm them all (if sko can get the midfield balance right and one of yasin/saman in strong form)

Comment

Gregg Berhalter reacts to United States in Group B against England, Iran Ukraina for 2022 World Cup.

Comment

Neither team is very technical , both England and the USA won’t beat you with skill but speed , athletic ability , shooting ability, endurance, hustle , all of the things that are 100% trainable for our players , you can’t teach skill ,,,,, but what will the IFF do ..
            The focus for once is England the favorites the USA 2nd , this sentiment going around in the USA and English media’s works in our advantage, we are the under dogs we basically have no chance, that is how it all needs to be we need to be the super surprise package of this group …
            This is the tournament were we have to prove to the world we are a football power, to very very big games England games the whole world will watch same with the USA game…. We have to show for once that we belong and can win games …
            We have 8 months to build the best squad we possibly can , what are the next steps by the IFF cause the USA /England will have super preparation for this tournament..

Comment

Originally posted by persiandream View Post
              Yeah an Islamic republic is beloved worldwide 😂
              Go look at twitter if you don’t believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                Gregg Berhalter reacts to United States in Group B against England, Iran Ukraina for 2022 World Cup.
                ROTFLOL. Gregg Berhalter regarding USMNT preparations "Saudi Arabia would be a good preparation for Iran... Similar playing styles and body types"... "that part of the world"... He literally goes by geographical proximity to come to that judgement? WTF! (good for Iran though)

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLion80 View Post
                  This is freaking GOLD!

Comment

ROTFLOL. Gregg Berhalter regarding USMNT preparations "Saudi Arabia would be a good preparation for Iran... Similar playing styles and body styles"... "that part of the worlfd"... He literally goes by geographical proximity to come to that judgement? WTF! (good for Iran though)
                    Lol. What a fool. A lot of dumb coaches think this way though. Hopefully Mexico and Argentina’s coach think the same way about Iran and Saudi.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      Lol. What a fool. A lot of dumb coaches think this way though. Hopefully Mexico and Argentina’s coach think the same way about Iran and Saudi.
                      we are blessed that their coach is even more out of his depth than ours. Truly from a coaching perspective we lucked out as skocic is probably better or at least not worse than US, Scotland/Ukraine/Wales bosses.

Comment

OTOH, Gregg Berhalter also said when asked about political tensions with Iran that there are none between the football teams regardless of what goes on between the governments.

"on the soccer field we can be friends"

"We have a ton of respect for them"

" and don't see them as rivals, but as collegues."

So from a human perspective, RESPECT. I always respect people that can differentiate between governments and people!

Comment

Nice comment in the end about Iran not being an enemy but rather colleagues….well said and respect gained.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

exactly - i just want games - would love a friendly with argentina and mexico

Comment

I am happy with the draw but realistically i dont think with the current setup we will win any of the games. A coach whose experience is predominantly in league play has diminished idea how to prepare a team for a crunch tournament, that too the WC. Many of our players will have more experience than him.

Either we get an experienced coach now or at least get some experienced support coaching staff or prepare for an uneventful, lets hope not embarassing, 1st round exit.

Comment

Go look at twitter if you don’t believe me.
                                Twitter is the cesspool of human existence. The worst of the worst is there; and the minority are real, real loud, so its amplified. Let's just say.
                                "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Working...
                                X