No announcement yet.

Discuss Group B here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder who Nazanin Zarghari will be pulling for between Iran and England.

Comment

Our stadium aren't the best, specially the khalifa stadium

Comment

IRA-ENG Monday 21st Nov
        IRA-EU Friday 25th Nov
        IRA-USA Tuesday 29th Nov

time and stadiums tbd

Round of last 16 would be against group A probably Netherlands as group winner and Senegal as runner up

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

I'm glad we play England first. England usually start from sluggishly at World Cups. Here are their last 4 World Cup openers:

1-0 vs. Paraguay
          1-1 vs. USA
          1-2 Loss vs. Italy
          2-1 vs. Tunisia (last minute winner)

If no gap of concentration, we should be able to frustrate them and then who knows ...

I don't want Ukraine. You just know the refs would be afraid to give them cards or award penalties to their opponents for the risk of being called Kremlin agents or being cancelled later on.

Comment

Wales hasn't qualified for the WC since 1958.
            Ukraine since 2006
            Scotland since 1998.

As far as experience goes, Iran will have the advantage over every team besides England since majority of our players are from the 2018 squad.
            USA current team has very little to no WC experience.

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
              Interesting to see how the preparations will look like now that we have 2 european teams?
              They’re playing in nations league. I guess we’ll be playing Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Jamaica, Mexico and Canada as WC-prep…

F*** this Nations League garbage. I am sick of how its taking away friendlies from everyone else.

Comment

Americans have short memories. They have forgotten TM handed them their a*s in 98

Comment

Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post
                  Isn't that what happened to Vouria Ghaffouri?
                  No. He's falling apart.
                  CQ didn't rate him enough for WC 18.
                  Farhad Majidi even has issues with him now.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    Americans have short memories. They have forgotten TM handed them their a*s in 98
                    Most of the young American players care less about that match.. They're more focused on the England match which is a benefit to us.
                    TM will definitely be more motivated in the USA match, but I'm worried if they'll be mentally ready for a match of that caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      No. He's falling apart.
                      CQ didn't rate him enough for WC 18.
                      Farhad Majidi even has issues with him now.
                      I agree, his best days are well behind him.. Hardani has surpassed him in Esteghlal and provides more pace and attack than Vouria.

Comment

I don't think we line up well against England at all. We need proper tactics and hope England f*** up.

The game against Wales/Scotland/Ukraine is key. We must get points from this game.

Game against USA we have a chance but we have to be on our game.

Most important thing for us is to come in with a very fit team, no injuries, and some decent friendlies.

I don't believe in easy groups. We thought 2006 would be easy and we all saw what happened because the TM camp atmosphere was poison and our key players were all coming off injures.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          I don't think we line up well against England at all. We need proper tactics and hope England f*** up.

The game against Wales/Scotland/Ukraine is key. We must get points from this game.

Game against USA we have a chance but we have to be on our game.

Most important thing for us is to come in with a very fit team, no injuries, and some decent friendlies.

I don't believe in easy groups. We thought 2006 would be easy and we all saw what happened because the TM camp atmosphere was poison and our key players were all coming off injures.
                          That 2006 team - on paper - was incredible talented. Everyone in Germany, Spain, England etc.
                          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

England is very strong with some young dyanmic attackers. the good news is we play them first, which means if it is tie game with 5 minutes left they wont necessarily risk everything forward to win. we could manage a draw here

next game is Scotland/Wales/Ukraine. tricky one but I think we have to risk it and go for win, I rather not leave it to last game vs USA. I think ukraine is the weakest here but have political favoritism potentially. i dont want to face Wales and Bale

USA team is young, fast, but inexperienced. they lost 2-0 to costa rica recently but if you watch the highlights they should have had 5-6 goals, navas and defense made incredible saves. they are dangerous for last game.

cant help but feel CQ was the perfect coach for this group...

Comment

Regarding the political aspects of the group, just read an interesting comment elsewhere:

It's NATO vs Iran.

Comment

Working...
                              X