Discuss Group B here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
    That's actually an interesting question. If you were the US/England, who would you want to play to prepare for Iran?
    My option would be a North African team. Algeria and Egypt in particular could be good options with some similarities
    Saudi Arabia not really as US coach suggests
    North Africans tend to be quicker, more technical while Iranian have more heavier body-types and play more physical, rely more on crosses and long-balls. In this regard i think Iraq/Armenia/Uzbekistan/Turkey are good friendlies just to get a feeling for TM-style.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
      ------------------Taremi--Azmoun-------------------
      Jahanbakhsh---Ghoddos---Ezatolahi---Gholizadeh
      Noorafkan----Hosseini----Kanaani----Moharrami
      ---------------------Beiranvand----------------------

Sub in Sayyadmanesh, Mohebi, Alipour/Hosseinzadeh if down
      Gholizadeh as CM ?
      I dono about that. We need a pitbull in the mid like ebrahimi or ando
      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
        North Africans tend to be quicker, more technical while Iranian have more heavier body-types and play more physical, rely more on crosses and long-balls. In this regard i think Iraq/Armenia/Uzbekistan/Turkey are good friendlies just to get a feeling for TM-style.
        Iraq are a terrible team.
        Uzbekistan, we've played a million times.
        Turkey would be great!
        Armenia would be good too!
        "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
          Gholizadeh as CM ?
          I dono about that. We need a pitbull in the mid like ebrahimi or ando
          Where did you get CM from? I have him listed as RM in a 4-4-2.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

All I know is Berhalter is a terrible coach and USA seems stymied under him. Southgate is under tremendous pressure and his lineups and tactics have really come under scrutiny as he has not been able to maximize his squads talents.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

That's actually an interesting question. If you were the US/England, who would you want to play to prepare for Iran?

My option would be a North African team. Algeria and Egypt in particular could be good options with some similarities

Very good question! IMO Iran's playing style is pretty unique actually. I can't actually think of any other national team off hand that I would consider very similar.

I mean if I limit it to certain aspects, I can see some similarities to some other teams, but the whole package? Not really.

If I'm right, that would actually be a plus for TM!

(Although I'm sure that England and USA at least have extremely thorough analysts and will invest time on researching Iran, watch tons of videos and possibly even use spies).

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                All I know is Berhalter is a terrible coach and USA seems stymied under him. Southgate is under tremendous pressure and his lineups and tactics have really come under scrutiny as he has not been able to maximiE his squads talents.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                Let's hope they won't change coaches before the world cup then!

Comment

------------------Taremi--Azmoun-------------------
                  Jahanbakhsh---Ghoddos---Ezatolahi---Gholizadeh
                  Noorafkan----Hosseini----Kanaani----Moharrami
                  ---------------------Beiranvand----------------------

Sub in Sayyadmanesh, Mohebi, Alipour/Hosseinzadeh if down
                  Amiri will surely start and play in the WC games.. We will be defending for majority of the games.
                  Noorafkan against of some of the wingers in this group scares me.

Comment

Turkey. Athletically average, technique wise very talented, passionate, physical, can't handle an organized press and tactically "Bezan ziresh". Although Turkey's backline is far superior to ours and our forwards better than theirs.

If you want a dollar store version of Iran, then Uzbekistan.

For us, I think we should line up a friendly vs Canada (would cover both USA and Scotland/wales), Norway well organized football with fast players (England), and a Camaroon or Senegal to get an idea of how we will do against African teams if we make it past the group stage.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                      Iraq are a terrible team.
                      Uzbekistan, we've played a million times.
                      Turkey would be great!
                      Armenia would be good too!
                      I was referring to the question which Nationalteams resembles TM the most in Terms of Body-Types/Playing-Style. Because the US-Coach was saying that they might play Saudis to prepare for TM. I was not saying that we should play friendlies with any of these Teams.

Comment

England made 2018 WC semis and 2021 EURO final under Southgate, so he has a lot of experience with the squad. they also have Kane, Sterling, Grealish, Foden, Sancho, Bellingham, Rice, mount, Saka. tons of talent. they are stacked.

I think Skocic will play Shoja RB for this game and go very very defensive

Comment

Lol I don't think England is prepping for TM, they have their sights on the larger prize. US might, though.

I think the following countries are somewhat similar style to TM:

Turkey
                          Iraq
                          Uzbekistan

Comment

Where did you get CM from? I have him listed as RM in a 4-4-2.
                            Who are your 2 cm ? Even ghoddos as cm isnt good idea lol
                            I hope we can find a pitbull for the mid in 8 months
                            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Hosseini-Kanaani-Pouraliganji. Something tells me he will try that vs England.
                              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                                Hosseini-Kanaani-Pouraliganji. Something tells me he will try that vs England.
                                I've been thinking that! Since we dont have good full backs, but have good CBs, we should try with a 3 man defensive line. But this is not an easy switch, we need a lot of preparation and match practice for the new formation (which we dont have).

Comment

Working...
                                X