Discuss Group B here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armen View Post
    Former US national team coach Steve Sampson, who led the US team against TM at the 1998 World Cup, says he has "no doubt" the US will defeat Iran this time around...
    Lol. Even 24 years later, USMNT arrogance and delusions continue. Lol.

Comment

Was part of recent USMNT list.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Was part of recent USMNT list.
        Had 40 total appearances this season for Salzburg (league, cups, etc), with just 6 goals. Doesn't seem that impressive for an attacker. He's young and has potential for growth. Having said that, if he can pull $30 mil, either he is a hidden gem or it'll be the dumbest buy of the year.

Comment

I personally don’t expect anything major from this group but as long as we put a decent fight against England.
          We probably get a point against USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Persian Panther View Post
            I personally don’t expect anything major from this group but as long as we put a decent fight against England.
            We probably get a point against USA.

Let's face it, we're going there without preparation and without a coach.

All our hope lies with Taremi, Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh overperforming.
            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              Tbf we kinda suck atm, but nothing wrong with a bit of trash talk
              Let's cause an upset (yes, an upset because US are favourites...)

Comment

Well as it stands with disparity between the levels of preparation it's looking more and more like USA would beat Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                  Let's face it, we're going there without preparation and without a coach.

All our hope lies with Taremi, Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh overperforming.
                  We have 2/3 Great Satans in the Group
                  Imagine if we had Israel as well

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                    Well as it stands with disparity between the levels of preparation it's looking more and more like USA would beat Iran.
                    With all the cash, preparation, and fanfare that USMNT gets, we can still go toe-to-toe with them in the WC. Imagine, if we had their funding, coaching, training, and level of FA competence for a decent WC preparation: we'd blow them out the water every time.

Comment

With all the cash, preparation, and fanfare that USMNT gets, we can still go toe-to-toe with them in the WC. Imagine, if we had their funding, coaching, training, and level of FA competence for a decent WC preparation: we'd blow them out the water every time.
                      Agha imagine this and imagine that lmaoo, USA is still favourite. Imagine I trained more and didn't waste so much time, I could've been a Ballor D'or winner by now 🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Altamonte View Post
                        Agha imagine this and imagine that lmaoo, USA is still favourite. Imagine I trained more and didn't waste so much time, I could've been a Ballor D'or winner by now 🤣🤣
                        I don't think I would go that far

My point is that our raw and individual talent is far superior than the US team's. It's not hard to imagine that with more support on multiple fronts, our boys would wash the floor with them. I still have my money (literally) on Iran against the US.

Go TM!

Comment

I don't think I would go that far

My point is that our raw and individual talent is far superior than the US team's. It's not hard to imagine that with more support on multiple fronts, our boys would wash the floor with them. I still have my money (literally) on Iran against the US.

Go TM!
                          I think they have way more talent - look at the clubs they play for. If we had players playing in the clubs they played for - we'd say we'd win the World Cup lol. The advantage we have is that they are very young and we have the experience. Their youth is what's to our advantage.
                          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                            I think they have way more talent - look at the clubs they play for. If we had players playing in the clubs they played for - we'd say we'd win the World Cup lol. The advantage we have is that they are very young and we have the experience. Their youth is what's to our advantage.
                            I disagree. We all know that getting to top Euro clubs/leagues is a tall order for our boys (for many reasons outside of general talent, and outside of their control). With all the money the US puts in development, training, promotion, etc, they have yet to have had a significant impact on the WC stage of late.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                              Exactly haha, Iranian players mostly suck aside from Taremi and Azmoun. I still don't get where this whole raw talent this and that come from. Majority of our players either fail or just perform meh in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Altamonte View Post
                                Exactly haha, Iranian players mostly suck aside from Taremi and Azmoun. I still don't get where this whole raw talent this and that come from. Majority of our players either fail or just perform meh in Europe.
                                Wow! Have you followed any of the following recently (aside from Mehdi and Sardar)?

Allahyar
                                Abedzadeh
                                Alipour
                                Zahedi

Comment

Working...
                                X