Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The opposite my good sir. Queiroz gave us the belief that we could compete despite having so much less defensive and midfield depth compared to other countries which might have legionnaires stacked through European clubs for years, or (until very recently) a player valuation so much higher than Iran's. It still seems to me that realism is the issue here...

Queiroz showed us that we can be more than the sum of our parts on the pitch and be a team, not just a group of individual players. He gave players and fans more confidence than ever before. Damesh garm.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
      The opposite my good sir. Queiroz gave us the belief that we could compete despite having so much less defensive and midfield depth compared to other countries which might have legionnaires stacked through European clubs for years, or (until very recently) a player valuation so much higher than Iran's. It still seems to me that realism is the issue here...
      Queiroz showed us that we can be more than the sum of our parts on the pitch and be a team, not just a group of individual players. He gave players and fans more confidence than ever before. Damesh garm.
      exactly. Same people who say he stifled amiri (despite amiri also saying in the same sentence that CQ brought about iran's golden era) totally neglect the fact that IT WAS CQ who stuck with amiri when he was a very low scoring winger on Naft Tehran and many were wondering why he was being included...then he INDEPENDENTLY shifted amiri from a LW to a box to box CM and it worked wonders. That was Quieroz's vision and he built that player up until they were ready to execute it on the biggest stage, and subsequently amiri remained a key part of TM for years afterwards. Talk about the difference a coach can make!

I hope there will be new players who rise to the heights that CQ propelled domestic guys with little outside experience to achieve : Amiri, PAG, Ebrahimi, Beiro, Taremi, and a very very young Majid Hosseini. Taremi himself credits CQ for his development and propelling him to take the next step into europe (not to mention even having a hand in arranging his transfer).

And then we say he stressed the guys out too much lol. Got them to a level where we were literally a pushover for no team, took a point off european champs in a game we were a few mm away from winning, and pushed a team like spain all the way, achieving our record point total at WC (!). What makes you think a group of clearly inferior players by every stretch of the imagination should compete so closely with likes of morocco, spain, portugal if they play their "natural" games. It is only by playing in a super intense, detailed, structured manner that they were able to overcome their individual limitations and compete 11v11.

Now the challenge for skocic and TM is to MATCH that standard. Minumum of 4 pts. The team essentially the same in terms of personnel/quality (with taremi and azmoun not even being comparable to the players of 2018). And given that we had the hardest possible group in 2018, most of us would expect bettering the 4 points with a bit of luck in the draw (this is assuming the coaching levels have remained as high as they were in 2018, which is obviously false).

Anything less than 4 points will by definition represent failure and regression.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        exactly. Same people who say he stifled amiri (despite amiri also saying in the same sentence that CQ brought about iran's golden era) totally neglect the fact that IT WAS CQ who stuck with amiri when he was a very low scoring winger on Naft Tehran and many were wondering why he was being included...then he INDEPENDENTLY shifted amiri from a LW to a box to box CM and it worked wonders. That was Quieroz's vision and he built that player up until they were ready to execute it on the biggest stage, and subsequently amiri remained a key part of TM for years afterwards. Talk about the difference a coach can make!
        I hope there will be new players who rise to the heights that CQ propelled domestic guys with little outside experience to achieve : Amiri, PAG, Ebrahimi, Beiro, Taremi, and a very very young Majid Hosseini. Taremi himself credits CQ for his development and propelling him to take the next step into europe (not to mention even having a hand in arranging his transfer).
        And then we say he stressed the guys out too much lol. Got them to a level where we were literally a pushover for no team, took a point off european champs in a game we were a few mm away from winning, and pushed a team like spain all the way, achieving our record point total at WC (!). What makes you think a group of clearly inferior players by every stretch of the imagination should compete so intensely with likes of morocco, spain, portugal if they play their "natural" games. It is only by playing in a super intense, detailed, structured manner that they were able to overcome their individual limitations and compete 11v11.
        Now the challenge for skocic and TM is to MATCH that standard. Minumum of 4 pts. The team essentially the same in terms of personnel/quality (with taremi and azmoun not even being comparable to the players of 2018). And given that we had the hardest possible group in 2018, most of us would expect bettering the 4 points with a bit of luck in the draw (this is assuming the coaching levels have remained as high as they were in 2018, which is obviously false).
        Anything less than 4 points will by definition represent failure and regression.
        Ghorbune adame fahim. Bay Area always keeping it a 100.

Comment

Queiroz gave us the belief

That is the most important thing a coach can do for a player.

Comment

Yep. I see that belief in all the posts. Iran has never been thrashed in a WC. Even the disaster 2006 squad and it'd issues wasn't thrashed. Now fans talking as if we are Saudi. Quieroz believed we can defend. Amiri said it clearly ...CQ made him fearful of making mistakes and hurt his confidence. With Skocic he noted feeling empowered.

Time for our fans to stop living in the past. MOVE on. Cq doesn't give 2 craps about TM and Iran. Let's act like a WC team with passionate fans who stick with their team no matter what. Coaches come and go...TM and it's fans are forever.

I'm done with the CQ era...let it rest folks. Take the memories and let's create new ones. Faghat TM! R16 here we come!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              You guys seem to not understand this isn't ARJ vs Messi. It's a team game.

Countries like Algeria, Costa Rica, S. Korea, Japan, Australia, Ukraine, Slovakia, Ghana, USA, Mexico have all advanced to the knockout stage since 2006. Why not us?

Believe in order to achieve. I think CQs strategy and tactics have set us back in the self belief department.

Exactly. WHY NOT US?!

Comment

Yep. I see that belief in all the posts. Iran has never been thrashed in a WC. Even the disaster 2006 squad and it'd issues wasn't thrashed. Now fans talking as if we are Saudi. Quieroz believed we can defend. Amiri said it clearly ...CQ made him fearful of making mistakes and hurt his confidence. With Skocic he noted feeling empowered.
                Time for our fans to stop living in the past. MOVE on. Cq doesn't give 2 craps about TM and Iran. Let's act like a WC team with passionate fans who stick with their team no matter what. Coaches come and go...TM and it's fans are forever.
                I'm done with the CQ era...let it rest folks. Take the memories and let's create new ones. Faghat TM! R16 here we come!
                Ozone Khan
                Were you mylikohan fan as well?
                Your mentality is
                It's not like we going to win the wc
                Let's go with skocic error mamad mayli
                Instead of losing 1-0 to Argentina
                We lose 4-0
                A lose is a lose.

Comment

IF WE GET SUPER TOUGH DRAW
                  Chances of ca coming back increase.
                  IF WE GET A SUPER HARD DRAW
                  and skocic stay
                  I will drink 12 shots of fireball whiskey with cinnamon
                  Empty stomach in the morning since kick off
                  Is in the morning that way I don't remember
                  The game.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                    IF WE GET SUPER TOUGH DRAW
                    Chances of ca coming back increase.
                    IF WE GET A SUPER HARD DRAW
                    and skocic stay
                    I will drink 12 shots of fireball whiskey with cinnamon
                    Empty stomach in the morning since kick off
                    Is in the morning that way I don't remember
                    The game.
                    LOL manam hamino mikonam thanks for the idea
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                      LOL manam hamino mikonam thanks for the idea
                      UW
                      Also
                      If u go to the bar chances of them having
                      Cinnamon is low ,take your own cinnemon.
                      Half cube of ice in each shot will be great.
                      I just hope our first game is not on Thanksgiving day .

Comment

Some people complain that Skocic have not introduced players like Amiri who have been a productive member of TM for 5 years, but poor Skocic has been at work for slightly over a year. Wait for Salmani to be injury free and Mehdipour, Hosseinzadeh and Allahyar to solidify their place in TM. Then I am sure all those guys will come back and say how great Skocic is and how he propelled their careers to unimaginable heights!!! Yeah, I don't think so.

They complain about every selection by Skocic but they don't mention that CQ, with his amazing vision picked Masoud Shojaee to play against Morocco?

They complain that Jahanbakhsh can't get passed an defender in Asia and our midfield players are a joke, but when Skocic gets 15-1-1 results, it is only because of the strength of our players.

If CQ switches a player's position, he is a bloody genius with amazing vision, but if Skocic does it, he knows nothing about football, why would he play a player out of position...

Some are blinded by their hate for Skocic and their love of CQ. I loved CQ and still like him a lot. He did so much for our football. He is not perfect but no one is including Skocic. CQ has strengths and he has weaknesses like all other coaches. For me, his biggest weakness is his super conservative approach, which as I explained in other posts leaves us with an aberomandaneh result that by design will never give us spectacular results. We are happy to go toe to toe with Spain even though we lost, but it was aberomandaneh. I think we could have gotten something out of Spain if we were not so conservative that first half. We are happy to get 4 points even though 2 of those points were the result of an own goal. In six games in world cup, we have scored 1 consolation goal and one very very questionable penalty.

I ask everyone to please put away the attitude of anything this coach does is 100% right and anything the other coach does is 100% wrong. That attitude will only let us be in our own echo chambers and we keep padding ourselves in the back about how right we are.

Comment

I love CQ, but I don’t think he’s coming back. At least not now or anytime soon. They still owe him money, no?

I don’t dislike Skocic either. He’s done a lot and came through with his staff and of course our players. He got us out of a ditch Juan Perron put us is. He’s also proven to be a very good coach coming back into the 2nd half. I’m glad he’s been our coach so far.

However, I also think there are flaws with how our our central midfield connects to our back 4. I get it, we were missing a few key players, we had qualified to the WC already and players were injured/exhausted yada yada yada.. But it’s a scary thought if god forbid Sardar Mehdi AJ Sadegh and co. missed the WC (zaboonam laal). There needs to be a solid B team.

We accept the positives but we have to also be vaghebeen realistic. Our attack is doing great in Asia. But with this defense we will struggle against big teams at the WC.

If Skocic makes the necessary changes in defense and midfield, I’ll support him even more.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                            Ozone Khan
                            Were you mylikohan fan as well?
                            Your mentality is
                            It's not like we going to win the wc
                            Let's go with skocic error mamad mayli
                            Instead of losing 1-0 to Argentina
                            We lose 4-0
                            A lose is a lose.
                            What does Mayeli Kohan have to do with Skocic. I'm a TM fan. If TM went to WC with MK (yikes at the though) I would still support my team.

But Skocic is not Mayeli...look at his record. His results are the best any coach in TM history has achieved to date. Do I think there is better for TM...heck ya there are coaches better than both Skocic and CQ combined.

Fact is we have a WC. Last chance before expansion and in our backyard. Even CQ who is no savior (see Egypt and Colombia) has said he needs longterm commitment from an FA to make lasting changes. So let's give Skocic a chance. If he is the guy IFF selected then that's the cards we are playing with. All this negativity and doom and gloom attitude kills the spirit of the WC.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I love CQ, but he ain't coming.
                              "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
                                Exactly. WHY NOT US?!
                                Because according to CQ we're 60 years behind compared to EU football. Also the IPL players are shite...(yet somehow they perform the best in the last WC)

Only one thing you could do, park the bus and if possible park another bus and hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X