This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EZLN View Post
    How soon we Iranians forget, or perhaps how selective is our memory?
    People saying CQ is outdated or too defensive lol.. bring in a coach for new ideas? Do you people think football is being reinvented monthly?
    Was it Carlos Queiroz's fault that Taremi missed that last minute chance against Portugal? Which would have made us finish first in the group
    Was it his fault that five of our players ran to the referee yelling, arguing that the Japanese player hadn't been fouled?
    Do you think a coach is a magician or a wizard of some sort?
    Skocic is just letting Team Melli cruise on autopilot. While still making some terrible decisions like Shoja as RB, or Noorafkan as a CB.
    Make no mistake, this is CQ's team.
    Perhaps this time with a more experienced squad (especially Taremi being much better finisher and decision maker than 4 years ago), we will advance to the knockout stage.
    Some of you seem to have forgotten how close we were to finishing first in the entire tournament's toughest group.
    People are mad at his defensive tactics, and I never understood why? How do they think the games vs Argentina, Portugal, & Spain would've gone if we played offensively? There were games against Asian opponents where they didn't even get a shot on target against us for 90 minutes. These are all accomplishments, not negatives. He built a team that could battle against world class opponents, with players that had zero support at a foundational level. We literally set the record for longest time without conceding a goal during WCQs. He fought for friendlies & training camps, encouraged players to move to Europe, etc.

We will never have a coach that puts this much effort into our national team again. Since then we have had a crook that almost cost us our campaign early, and another coach who literally has ZERO tactical awareness. If a team wants to beat us, they just need to employ a high press. Our current coach literally does not know how to react to this. Are we playing offensively now? All I see is our players not knowing what to do with the ball, and kicking it as far as they can hoping it reaches Azmoun, Taremi or Jahanbaksh. Bezan ziresh is NOT going to work against the best teams in the world.

I know Carlos isn't coming back, but there should really be a statue of him outside of our stadium. He did more for our football in 8 year,s than our entire federation ever has
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
      People are mad at his defensive tactics, and I never understood why? How do they think the games vs Argentina, Portugal, & Spain would've gone if we played offensively? There were games against Asian opponents where they didn't even get a shot on target against us for 90 minutes. These are all accomplishments, not negatives. He built a team that could battle against world class opponents, with players that had zero support at a foundational level. We literally set the record for longest time without conceding a goal during WCQs. He fought for friendlies & training camps, encouraged players to move to Europe, etc.

We will never have a coach that puts this much effort into our national team again. Since then we have had a crook that almost cost us our campaign early, and another coach who literally has ZERO tactical awareness. If a team wants to beat us, they just need to employ a high press. Our current coach literally does not know how to react to this. Are we playing offensively now? All I see is our players not knowing what to do with the ball, and kicking it as far as they can hoping it reaches Azmoun, Taremi or Jahanbaksh. Bezan ziresh is NOT going to work against the best teams in the world.

I know Carlos isn't coming back, but there should really be a statue of him outside of our stadium. He did more for our football in 8 year,s than our entire federation ever has
      Agree 100%

I don't know where the lack of realism is coming from. People want "ham khoda, ham khorma"...

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
      There should really be a statue of him outside of our stadium. He did more for our football in 8 year,s than our entire federation ever has

Comment

Anyone who seriously prefers Eschoocher over CQ isn't thinking rationally. I like Skocic a lot, but dude, our defense against Lebanon was like Kateb said, SHOOLEH ZARD. Almost as bad defensively as Wilmot's team with how our players were shaped in the back. Very little discipline and many mistakes that will be costly in the WC, where I could see us losing 4/5-0 against a world class team

If you want to do well in the WC, CQ gives by far the best chances. Connections for friendlies, knows the team, solid preparation.

The only problem is he gives no fucks about anything and isn't diplomatic at all - so he prob burned the bridge with IFF. But with enough pressure nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

Comment

Haven’t been on ISP for a while. Took a quick look. Some posts wondering why PFDC has so much activity and so many users…

Comment

i think before the draw cq and tm wont sign.
            after the draw it good possibility .
            we gwt
            england
            germany
            iran
            peru

With skocic 0 points -9 gd.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
              4 ta salavat befrest, hatman miyad.

God! another nonsense thread!!
              I think you at least need 8, and 2 more so that he doesn't park the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                Haven’t been on ISP for a while. Took a quick look. Some posts wondering why PFDC has so much activity and so many users…
                never
                like isp
                majority of their members
                where stolen via pm from pfdc and ik.

2best sites of all te
                1.pfdc
                2.ik

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                  never
                  like isp
                  majority of their members
                  where stolen via pm from pfdc and ik.
                  2best sites of all te
                  1.pfdc
                  2.ik
                  Good old IranKicks. I'll never forget the match videos they used to sell on VHS, for $19.99 I believe.
                  Been visiting PFDC since the 90s, when I was in grade school .. crazy! Shouts out to webmaster and the numerous other people who have so tremendously contributed to Iranian football fan culture for the diaspora. Dame hamashun garm!

Comment

Originally posted by EZLN View Post
                    Good old IranKicks. I'll never forget the match videos they used to sell on VHS, for $19.99 I believe.
                    Been visiting PFDC since the 90s, when I was in grade school .. crazy! Shouts out to webmaster and the numerous other people who have so tremendously contributed to Iranian football fan culture for the diaspora. Dame hamashun garm!
                    I bought all their VHS in the 90s
                    And persepolis NAHANGI Jersey with persepolis written
                    Across in ENGLISH AND I STILL HAVE THE JERSEY.
                    Who can forget esteglali members forming a gang called
                    Amoo ballers to go to war against persepolisi member name mashsaeed.
                    Lol at mashsaeed giving his house phone number and home address to
                    Meet up amoo
                    o ballers to fight in person over parvin vs hejazi korkoori.with
                    Amoo ballers prink calling mashsaeed house.
                    Both webmaster of pfdc and perjad where always cool
                    With pfdc webmaster being more cooler.
                    Isp=wanne be

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                      I bought all their VHS in the 90s
                      And persepolis NAHANGI Jersey with persepolis written
                      Across in ENGLISH AND I STILL HAVE THE JERSEY.
                      Who can forget esteglali members forming a gang called
                      Amoo ballers to go to war against persepolisi member name mashsaeed.
                      Lol at mashsaeed giving his house phone number and home address to
                      Meet up amoo
                      o ballers to fight in person over parvin vs hejazi korkoori.with
                      Amoo ballers prink calling mashsaeed house.
                      Both webmaster of pfdc and perjad where always cool
                      With pfdc webmaster being more cooler.
                      Isp=wanne be
                      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I can’t believe people would rather watch us lose 2-0 or 3-1 in the World Cup with no chance in hell of winning instead of getting back a coach with “an old school mentality” who actually gave all of us hope of winning against bigger teams. Can any of you realistically say we’re offensively better than any team in the World Cup?

Comment

Originally posted by AmirSalar View Post
                          I can’t believe people would rather watch us lose 2-0 or 3-1 in the World Cup with no chance in hell of winning instead of getting back a coach with “an old school mentality” who actually gave all of us hope of winning against bigger teams. Can any of you realistically say we’re offensively better than any team in the World Cup?
                          jahanbakhsh who cannot even get a game at feyenoord is apparently gonna cook the world's best full backs, and that with the famed midfield combo of nourollahi amiri and hajsafi who were struggling vs the likes of lebanon, UAE, and totally blown apart by SK feeding him.

offensive football they said

Comment

People don’t realize that players like JB, azmoun, taremi are like Ronaldo, Messi, neymar compared to the Arab league defenders they faced. Just wait until they face some elite European or South American team, you think they will have same 1 on 1 success as they’ve had? No chance. There’s a reason CQ played defensive, it’s not like we can play an open game and not get exposed. Our midfield is not good enough

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                              Oneday
                              Mash saeedd got a phone call
                              From one of amoo ballers mom
                              With thick Persian accent she calls my house read it with Persian accent
                              SHE SAID
                              WHO IS THIS?
                              I HAVE ONE BIG PHONE BILL
                              WITH THIS # 50 TIMES
                              EVERYTHING 1 MINUTE 1 MINUTE
                              I keep insisting if is hard for her speak English
                              We can talk farsi
                              SHE SAID OH NO
                              I ENGLISH
                              What has happened was one of amoo ballers mom
                              Got her phone bill long distance calls from Canada to u.s
                              Her son was prink calling my house all around clock...

Comment

Originally posted by AmirSalar View Post

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                                People don’t realize that players like JB, azmoun, taremi are like Ronaldo, Messi, neymar compared to the Arab league defenders they faced. Just wait until they face some elite European or South American team, you think they will have same 1 on 1 success as they’ve had? No chance. There’s a reason CQ played defensive, it’s not like we can play an open game and not get exposed. Our midfield is not good enough

You guys seem to not understand this isn't ARJ vs Messi. It's a team game.

Countries like Algeria, Costa Rica, S. Korea, Japan, Australia, Ukraine, Slovakia, Ghana, USA, Mexico have all advanced to the knockout stage since 2006. Why not us?

Believe in order to achieve. I think CQs strategy and tactics have set us back in the self belief department.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                                X