X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
    No...this is insanity...lol

Seriously let's think before we post. The anti Skocic arguments are getting to be a tad absurd!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

How soon we Iranians forget, or perhaps how selective is our memory?

People saying CQ is outdated or too defensive lol.. bring in a coach for new ideas? Do you people think football is being reinvented monthly?

Was it Carlos Queiroz's fault that Taremi missed that last minute chance against Portugal? Which would have made us finish first in the group

Was it his fault that five of our players ran to the referee yelling, arguing that the Japanese player hadn't been fouled?

Do you think a coach is a magician or a wizard of some sort?

Skocic is just letting Team Melli cruise on autopilot. While still making some terrible decisions like Shoja as RB, or Noorafkan as a CB.

Make no mistake, this is CQ's team.

Perhaps this time with a more experienced squad (especially Taremi being much better finisher and decision maker than 4 years ago), we will advance to the knockout stage.

Some of you seem to have forgotten how close we were to finishing first in the entire tournament's toughest group.

Comment

http://forums.iransportspress.com/in...8/post-1250620

Sly: "Unfortunately these are facts.

God help us in the WC. At least Branko had a WC experience with Blazevic where they had ended up third. If things don't change, I expect one of the worst if not the worst WC we ever had."

Comment

Originally posted by EZLN View Post
          How soon we Iranians forget, or perhaps how selective is our memory?

People saying CQ is outdated or too defensive lol.. bring in a coach for new ideas? Do you people think football is being reinvented monthly?

Was it Carlos Queiroz's fault that Taremi missed that last minute chance against Portugal? Which would have made us finish first in the group

Was it his fault that five of our players ran to the referee yelling, arguing that the Japanese player hadn't been fouled?

Do you think a coach is a magician or a wizard of some sort?

Skocic is just letting Team Melli cruise on autopilot. While still making some terrible decisions like Shoja as RB, or Noorafkan as a CB.

Make no mistake, this is CQ's team.

Perhaps this time with a more experienced squad (especially Taremi being much better finisher and decision maker than 4 years ago), we will advance to the knockout stage.

Some of you seem to have forgotten how close we were to finishing first in the entire tournament's toughest group.
          When it goes well...its CQs team. When we don't like something it's Skocic team. I think that is the selective issue. If it's CQ team then what happened with passive Wilmots? Skocic deserves credit. Record is his....14-1-1. CQ hasn't had success with Columbia and Egypt...to strong teams WC and continental wise...so maybe it wasn't Cq as much as it was TM players...how's the food for thought?

Comment

Post of the year 😂😂😂

Comment

But we don’t want to park the bus anymore, 🚌

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                If it's CQ team then what happened with passive Wilmots?

If you put an insane hyperactive baboon in the cockpit, even the most trusted autopilot can fail.

Comment

If you put an insane hyperactive baboon in the cockpit, even the most trusted autopilot can fail.
                  So the reasoning from those who want CQ is this...

Cq>no coach/anyone else > Skocic> baboon

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                    So the reasoning from those who want CQ is this...

Cq>no coach/anyone else > Skocic> baboon

I'm not a Skocic hater. I think he's a decent coach. I just don't see him being a better coach than CQ for Team Melli.

Comment

I'm not a Skocic hater. I think he's a decent coach. I just don't see him being a better coach than CQ for Team Melli.
                      That may be true. We all know there us better than Skocic...heck even CQ.

But for those who want him out...1) who realistically do you think will accept payment in toman and take over this team before WC? 2) what would be the expectation of this new coach and is Skocic in a better position to achieve that expectation given his involvement with TM and knowing Iranian players?

Comment

I too am appreciative of Dragon’s results and lifting us up when we were down and washed out against Bahrain and the lot and what followed later leading to the qualification for WC. However I too realise given his limited top international experience we shall struggle against top teams. The only compensation we have is that in Jahanbakhsh, Taremi and Sardar we have World Cup attacking quality but in defence we definitely don’t have the same luxury.

If it was somehow possible for CQ to return and that’s a big IF, he should be given just one task and that is to get us to the next round in the WC. No Asian games no other tournaments. In that case everyone is focused on the World Cup and players are not dismayed that their coach is leaving at the end of the tournament.

Equally I’m not dismayed at CQ performance post Iran job with Colombia and Egypt. You can’t compare 8 years of experience which has led CQ to learn every bit of Iranian culture and how best to work with the current set up and how to get the best out of Iranian players with a couple of years of doing the same with the Colombians and Egyptians. I personally think he did wonders with the latter, against a quality Senegal, he did very well to take them to penalties. Egypt apart from Saleh lacked quality.

Given his experience, I’m not convinced IF he returns, he will force a “park the bus” style on Iran, on his second stint, he will know how to mix it. We now have players with bigger international pedigree and we can get through to the next round with him in charge.
                        sigpic
                        Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

4 ta salavat befrest, hatman miyad.

God! another nonsense thread!!

Comment

The return of CQ would be a very interesting development. I do not believe Skokic is a very good coach; however, I do believe he has earned the right to be our coach at the WC. Would be hard to fire him at this point.

Comment

has cq signed yet wih team melli?

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                                has cq signed yet wih team melli?

Comment

Working...
                                X