No announcement yet.

Carlos Carvalhal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The contract with Braga ends at the end of the season. In two months I will be free." Carvalhal

Comment

I dont get people who say its not realistic or feasible.

We dont even have any international break in next 2 months, so no issues on that front.

The guy would be deciding between "probably turkey" where no club has achieved any minimal euro success in many years and he will undoubtedly only be in charge for 1-2 seasons max, and leading a team with good potential and players he knows to WC and subsequently asian cup in roughly the same time frame as the turkey stint. From a footballing standpoint its not even close actually. Now if he was deciding between leading a team in la liga with long term project or TM then it would be obviously hard to convince him, but if some turkish club like basaksehir or bjk where he already coached with limited success is his other option...doesnt seem like a great one. Pay would not be considerably less either.

Keep in mind he has gotten Braga into the last 8 of EL, where both Porto and Leverkusen will not be present. Pretty impressive achievement while simultaneously keeping them in the top 4 in portugal.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

We dont even have any international break in next 2 months, so no issues on that front.

The guy would be deciding between "probably turkey" where no club has achieved any minimal euro success in many years and he will undoubtedly only be in charge for 1-2 seasons max, and leading a team with good potential and players he knows to WC and subsequently asian cup in roughly the same time frame as the turkey stint. From a footballing standpoint its not even close actually. Now if he was deciding between leading a team in la liga with long term project or TM then it would be obviously hard to convince him, but if some turkish club like basaksehir or bjk where he already coached with limited success is his other option...doesnt seem like a great one. Pay would not be considerably less either.

Keep in mind he has gotten Braga into the last 8 of EL, where both Porto and Leverkusen will not be present. Pretty impressive achievement while simultaneously keeping them in the top 4 in portugal.
        Some members here seem to think we didn't do well in 1998 world cup...

No one has explained what their expectation was for that WC and how we didn't do well or Talebi gand zad etc....

A good coach can have an impact with 8 months or 3 months to go. Ivic took over with 6 months left until that world cup and created something for the team.... It was our second best world cup and an absolute surprise for most people returning from football oblivion.

We now have a window to get a good coach to do this....

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

No one has explained what their expectation was for that WC and how we didn't do well or Talebi gand zad etc....

A good coach can have an impact with 8 months or 3 months to go. Ivic took over with 6 months left until that world cup and created something for the team.... It was our second best world cup and an absolute surprise for most people returning from football oblivion.

that's true

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

Dr. Jan,

Agreed about 98, but keep in mind that in 1998 Ivic invited so many Persepolis players to TM that they had to withdraw from the league. On top of that he took the team for a month to a small town just for physical conditioning.

Fans now would never allow something like that now. On top of that there will only be time for one week of training before the World Cup thanks to FIFA.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              Dr. Jan,

Agreed about 98, but keep in mind that in 1998 Ivic invited so many Persepolis players to TM that they had to withdraw from the league. On top of that he took the team for a month to a small town just for physical conditioning.

Fans now would never allow something like that now. On top of that there will only be time for one week of training before the World Cup thanks to FIFA.
              I agree with you - but it was good to have a coach with that kind of balls.

Whatever the equivalent is now (to push for decent friendlies, to have any kind of proper camp), a coach like that can make a difference when it comes to not just the world cup but afterwards

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

I’ll speak for myself here when I say the reason I think it’s unrealistic is bc I don’t trust IFF to have the brains to identify him as a candidate. If they did, it would be between guys like carvahal, bielsa, nuno santo, etc. instead of strama, jardim, and the rest of them who are a whole few levels down from the former but still a step up from sko.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Any news?
                  Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                    Any news?
                    Yes he has made it clear he wants to coach in Turkey...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...rvalhal-leave/

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                      Yes he has made it clear he wants to coach in Turkey...

Ok 👍 on to the next one then, still a lot of good coaches out there.
                      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                        Yes h[[/B]e has made it clear he wants to coach in Turkey...
                        Nothing at all clear about his bext coaching aspirations ..!?so far as im concerned listening to horses mouth ..!
                        “ "I worked at Besiktas and Basaksehir. Turkey is always an option for me.
                        "I still know a few words in Turkish and I love the country.
                        "If there is a good project, I would like to come back.
                        "I've been getting some offers from European clubs, but for now I'm focusing on Braga. We'll see what happens.”

All that tells me is that he is yet to be offered any Concerete offers & open to all possibilities..!

If you have reservations about playing too defensive/park the bus & occasionally counter of CQ … then this this guy is still the next best realistic option for coaching TM @ WC ..!

Comment

Comment

Carvalhal for TM coach!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                              Nothing at all clear about his bext coaching aspirations ..!?so far as im concerned listening to horses mouth ..!
                              “ "I worked at Besiktas and Basaksehir. Turkey is always an option for me.
                              "I still know a few words in Turkish and I love the country.
                              "If there is a good project, I would like to come back.
                              "I've been getting some offers from European clubs, but for now I'm focusing on Braga. We'll see what happens.”

All that tells me is that he is yet to be offered any Concerete offers & open to all possibilities..!

If you have reservations about playing too defensive/park the bus & occasionally counter of CQ … then this this guy is still the next best realistic option for coaching TM @ WC ..!
                              Torkie dige che koofti ast?

Carvalhal mitone yek teami manande Lazio, Monaco ya Leicester tamrin kone.

Bere Torkie chi kar? Joz pool.
                              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
                                Torkie dige che koofti ast?
                                Carvalhal mitone yek teami manande Lazio, Monaco ya Leicester tamrin kone.
                                Bere Torkie chi kar? Joz pool.
                                It's not the first time I see you making anti Turkey posts. Can you please stop that ?

Comment

Working...
                                X