Carlos Carvalhal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    so our plan is maybe we will be lucky and lets try keep faith. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the head coach.
    Luck is nothing to count on but a big part of success. But the harder your work the luckier you get. This loss happened at a perfect time for us...it exposed some issues and now we can work hard to rectify them. We qualified first out of Asia...now the hard work begins.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
      Lmao poor Dragan.. His first ever loss with Team Melli and we're thinking of calling up the local paella chef from Lisbon to become the next team melli manager.
      All jokes aside Carvalhal is a great manager, but guys we should be realistic... There is no right conscious behind firing Skocic after one loss. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), results are what matters for football managers.
      A manager could have f*ck all tactics and still get away with it as long as he helps his team produce results. Will we struggle at the World Cup with Skocic? There's a good chance... But there's also a good chance that our great players like Taremi, Azmoun etc play great football and lead us to victories. The World Cup requires heavy preparations, great team chemistry and football abilities, but also luck! Lots and lots of luck...
      Maybe we will be lucky. Let's try keeping faith...
      But it’s not about one loss….the few left defending Skocic keep saying “it’s after one loss” that’s just not it……it’s about him having been tested by WC level competition twice in his tenure and looked totally clueless in both games and got so much wrong. Nobody we faced besides SK is a WC level competition…..and neither game against SK did we look good, organized, and did he not have a clue what to do with subs. He has to be the worst manager in recent memory in TM when it comes to knowing his group and making the right subs at the right time.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        so our plan is maybe we will be lucky and lets try keep faith. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the head coach.
        My point is that barring some sh*t storm loss to Lebanon, Skocic isn't gonna get fired...

Skocic will be our manager for WC 2022 whether we like it or not.. He's the guy that got us out of this hole and it's not justifiable to fire him in this scenario.

It's pretty clear he has some major tactical and selection flaws.. One factor we can hope for is luck. Of course it's not a ringing endorsement but hey what can we do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          But it’s not about one loss….the few left defending Skocic keep saying “it’s after one loss” that’s just not it……it’s about him having been tested by WC level competition twice in his tenure and looked totally clueless in both games and got so much wrong. Nobody we faced besides SK is a WC level competition…..and neither game against SK did we look good, organized, and did he not have a clue what to do with subs. He has to be the worst manager in recent memory in TM when it comes to knowing his group and making the right subs at the right time.
          I understand bro, and I agree in a lot of ways. His gameplan failed today and his squad selection and substitutions were even worse. I actually think the first leg in Tehran was worse than today considering the predicaments.

That being said, what can we do? If we had lost to Lebanon instead of scoring two stoppage time goals, maybe this would've been Dragan's last game, but the situation looks different because Dragan has produced results otherwise. I just don't see Iran firing a manager with a 14 win, 1 draw and 1 loss record... Especially considering how cheap his contract is

Comment

We expect our players to keep their emotions away in the game but we (as fans) fail to do that ourselves. Skocic has 1 Loss against Korea (infront of 60k+ koreans), while missing some key players, including Taremi and ARJ (2 top scorers ).... and people are already looking for new coach!

I think skocic and all team melli staff including Karim have done a great job and they should stay and finish their task. WE WILL ADVANCE FROM OUR GROUP Mark my word

I love this site, because all the emotions after losses are saved. Do me a favor and go read some of the comments after we drew Syria infront of 62,000 fans in azadi . People literally said the same thing about CQ. I even drop the image just for reminder:

What makes you guys think that if we bring a new coach he can perform better. Keep in mind that we will get maximum 4-5 friendly games and WC starts. How do you expect the coach to get the team ready in 4-5 crappy friendly games . Please think and put the emotions away.

Comment

if we dont beat lebnon
              on tuesday
              ADIOS skocic 100%

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                We expect our players to keep their emotions away in the game but we (as fans) fail to do that ourselves. Skocic has 1 Loss against Korea (infront of 60k+ koreans), while missing some key players, including Taremi and ARJ (2 top scorers ).... and people are already looking for new coach!

I think skocic and all team melli staff including Karim have done a great job and they should stay and finish their task. WE WILL ADVANCE FROM OUR GROUP Mark my word

I love this site, because all the emotions after losses are saved. Do me a favor and go read some of the comments after we drew Syria infront of 62,000 fans in azadi . People literally said the same thing about CQ. I even drop the image just for reminder:

What makes you guys think that if we bring a new coach he can perform better. Keep in mind that we will get maximum 4-5 friendly games and WC starts. How do you expect the coach to get the team ready in 4-5 crappy friendly games . Please think and put the emotions away.
                This is more about the development of the team over these 16 games though - it's not just about the one game because ultimately the stakes weren't that high for either Syria with CQ or this one....

The team seems to have taken a step backwards in terms of 1) How we play and 2) Building for the future - bringing in new players etc...

I agree that it's difficult for anyone to be a coach in Iran

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay, if we are going to get a new coach (which I don't think we will be) he is the best option. Although, I do think he can get a job bigger than Iran.

Wait, it says he will be leaving at the end of the season, and is interested in going back to Turkey. NVM. don't get your hopes up. Turnip bandit remains in charge.
                  Last edited by The; 03-25-2022, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                    Okay, if we are going to get a new coach (which I don't think we will be) he is the best option. Although, I do think he can get a job bigger than Iran.
                    He definitely can - he is still very respected (in terms of his style) in England. His Braga have done really well both in league and in Europe for their budget

It's just the fact that he himself has said he follows Iranian football for years - makes us dream a bit...

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                      if we dont beat lebnon
                      on tuesday
                      ADIOS skocic 100%
                      I don't know why your posts format like such, but I'm always expecting a haiku because of this structure!

CC would've been a great pick, but outside of Iran falling to Lebanon on the final matchday, any serious notion to get rid of Skocic -- who easily guided TM to qualification -- is premature.

And if you did get rid of Skocic right now, why would a coach like CC want this job? Dude has to fly to Iran, learn an entire new country, and know that if he loses 1 game in 16 the fans will call for his head? That's absurd. No one is taking that job.

Comment

Who the **** is he? You mugs are wanting us to replace the IFFHS Coach of the Year nominee and 87.50% man Dragan DANESHMAND Skocic for a Carlos? Has Portugal ever even produced a decent football manager? Wake up and smell the napalm boys, we're going to succeed at the WC with Gholami shutting down Mbappe.

Comment

Carlos can be perfect assistant to Dragan for next 6 months! Sign him up

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                            Well said Ghermez Agha jaan. It is not the loss. We had this coming. Personally, I started to have serious doubts when Skocic didn't do anything towards preparation after qualification and left for a relatively long vacation in Croatia. I knew he is no CQ and I didn't and don't expect him to pretty much run the IFF with fire and fury the way CQ did yet NOTHING? Then the list for Korea-Lebanon came and we had the trio positive COVID-19 and even though I did not agree with initial harsh reactions by some to support Korea, I still thought the dismay had good points. I was hoping that Skocic would be willing to go the next level as a coach and now my hopes are a lot dimmer with his lack of action. The two months after qualification were a "moment of truth" for me and Skocic did not step up. I think Inaresenewetrust had an excellent piece on the buildup of Skocic's strategic shortcomings after the Korea loss. All and all, if there is no significant action, we are headed for a disastrous Qatar campaign. Dragan will not push for decent friendlies and our preparation with Estili will be a half-ass, confused quasi "plan" that will result in an early exit. I love to be proven wrong but knowing IR-IFF historic and strategic incompetent and corrupt nature, we are headed for a fiasco with one of the most talented group of players in the history of our football.

Now, this is a forum. Opinion is free. We have minuscule impact if any. Yet, I stand for speaking the truth. Regardless of what will actually happen, we need to express what we think should happen. Skocic is not the coach to lead our TM in the WC. He and Estili should go. Carlvahal is a decent option. Thank you DR Strangemoosh jaan for starting this thread. To tell you the truth, I even think Yahya is better than what we have now. Of course, we do have one or two fringe forum members who call Persian Gulf "Persian Goh" and get away with it. Such fringe opinions are actually a healthy thing for a democratic environment because they help the rest of us stay sane. Hopefully they won't takeover the forum like Trump took over the US politics for four years.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                              This is more about the development of the team over these 16 games though - it's not just about the one game because ultimately the stakes weren't that high for either Syria with CQ or this one....

The team seems to have taken a step backwards in terms of 1) How we play and 2) Building for the future - bringing in new players etc...

I agree that it's difficult for anyone to be a coach in Iran

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
                              But this wasn't our preferred line up. I'd argue our preferred line up is miles ahead now in passing, attacking, pace, and buildup play. You get a resurgent PAG or another diamond in the rough...maybe Ezzatolahi and I'd take this team over our 2014 amd 2018 teams...we are far more clinical im terms of offense now with our preferred lineup.

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                              if we dont beat lebnon
                              on tuesday
                              ADIOS skocic 100%
                              If we do win can it be ADIOS kateb and Skocic haters? Lol jk [emoji12] keep doing you.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Agree with Nima. Start the negotiation

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X