Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 months is not enough time for coaches who probably can't even point Iran out on a map to come in and arrange something resembling a coherent football team.

I mean come on dadash, let's be honest with ourselves, it would take even Klopp at least a year and 8+ matches to figure out his preferred players and lines ups. By the time AVB or Nuno Santos familiarise themselves with the talent pool in the country the world cup would already be over.

Only options are either a domestic coach (Neko is the only one even close to be worth mentioning), or a foreign coach whose been around the Persian gulf for a while and knows Iranian football and players. So think on the level of Besnik Hasi or Strammuchi... Is it worth spending a couple of mil on coaches that will most likely get the same results as the turnip salesman?

Sure, there might be some foreign coaches who would not mind getting paid millions to take a punt, but last time we tried that, we ended up paying some fat Belgian cunt 6 million and had to bring in the turnip salesman to save our asses. I don't want TM to be AVB's new midlife crisis project, or Nuno Santo's paycheck until a desperate English club gives him a call.

I think our best hope is to burn some esfand, say some prayers, and hope the turnip bandit manages to luck his way into a lucky draw at WC and get at least a draw against a pot 4 team. Lower your expectations and you will never be disappointed.
    Last edited by The; 03-24-2022, 05:36 PM.

Comment

The 2022 WC is more-or-less a lost cause with Skocic. His tactical limitations, coupled with the limitations of the IFF and the unusual scheduling that comes with a Winter WC means there's very little that can be done. I don't think Skocic is a good coach but I can't blame the guy for taking on what would otherwise be the opportunity of a lifetime for someone in his position.

At the end of the day, the WC is a short tournament that comes and goes every 4 years. With its expansion to 48 teams starting in 2026, the value and prestige of it will feel slightly diminished. The problem with having a clueless coach - especially one who won't hold our Federation accountable to anything - is that it risks throwing us in a 2007 - 2011 spiral again. Over-reliance on a strong XI without a clear transition between generations means that what we saw today is more or less what Team Melli will become once the Taremis of the world are gone. I think that has far greater ramifications than a poor WC showing. With CQ, if we're to follow his 8 year journey, we see a clear evolution in the team from 2012 --> 2014 --> 2015 --> 2018 --> 2019.

Do I think Skocic should go? Yes. However, that alone doesn't do a whole lot for us. Since we're talking about a limitation of 8 months prior to the WC and keep mentioning the lack of familiarity that even the best coaches will have with Team Melli, I honestly think the best outcome is that CQ fails in his qualification campaign with Egypt and we bring him on for a year. I'm not saying that because I'm a CQ fan but more from a pragmatic standpoint.

Much of key players are still those introduced (or heavily utilized) during CQ's reign, have familiarity with his tactics, and importantly, will probably get a morale boost with his return. For a coach who is often a divisive figure, the Iranian players still hold him in incredibly high regard. If CQ can clean up this defense with tools available while putting out a more mature/potent offense than what we had in 2018, something good just may happen.

Should CQ fail with Egypt, I think he'd be more than willing to come back to Team. Whether or not the Federation/powers behind the scenes consider him is another story.
      Last edited by K. Nader; 03-24-2022, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Hope:

- Egypt lose to Senegal

- Get Queiroz back

- Finish the fking stage 3 he was on about and then finally leave

Is that too much of an ask FFS? Those who like their stats selectively chosen (to miss out the first 18 full national level games of a previous coach) can finally be happy that the rest of us will then be quiet and we can move on...

The only other coach I would like to see take over for TM is Carlos Carvalhal

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          Hope:
          - Egypt lose to Senegal
          - Get Queiroz back
          - Finish the fking stage 3 he was on about and then finally leave
          Is that too much of an ask FFS? Those who like their stats selectively chosen (to miss out the first 18 full national level games of a previous coach) can finally be happy that the rest of us will then be quiet and we can move on...
          The only other coach I would like to see take over for TM is Carlos Carvalhal
          i hope so to get cq
          or
          go talk to italy head coach lol
          his national team just got kicked out
          he might come for 3 games
          this is wc years all the bg names with no team will come.
          i stood behind daneshmand beacase he was geting
          results with playing ugly football against 2nd 3rd class asian teams. what opened my eyes was the lebnon match
          i realise how much we have down graded since the 2019 ac. and at this moment if we get 0 points in the world cup
          wont b surprise with this coach.
          not having taremi saeed is not an excuse
          under cq never mattered if we had players out
          we always ought yo the end
          THERE WAS NO FIGHT IN THIS TEAM
          PLAYERS WERENT GIVING UP THEIR HEAD
          WE need a real coach to not bea yes sir to dalals and call up certain players ...SKOCIC HAYA KUN..RAHA KUN..SABZI FOOROOSHI VA KUN....

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
            i hope so to get cq
            or
            go talk to italy head coach lol
            his national team just got kicked out
            he might come for 3 games
            this is wc years all the bg names with no team will come.
            i stood behind daneshmand beacase he was geting
            results with playing ugly football against 2nd 3rd class asian teams. what opened my eyes was the lebnon match
            i realise how much we have down graded since the 2019 ac. and at this moment if we get 0 points in the world cup
            wont b surprise with this coach.
            not having taremi saeed is not an excuse
            under cq never mattered if we had players out
            we always ought yo the end
            THERE WAS NO FIGHT IN THIS TEAM
            PLAYERS WERENT GIVING UP THEIR HEAD
            WE need a real coach to not bea yes sir to dalals and call up certain players ...SKOCIC HAYA KUN..RAHA KUN..SABZI FOOROOSHI VA KUN....
            What are people saying on whatspp and telegram channels?

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
              What are people saying on whatspp and telegram channels?
              at persepolis rooms I try my best to turn everyone AGAINST skocic wirh facts(since skocic play alot of pp players he has alot of fans)
              i went as under cover to esteghlali rooms
              and they wanted all skocic fired and promoting everyone
              to cuss out skocic and hashemian on their insta pages.
              i will start
              #skocic shame on you
              quit and open AFTABEH PRODUCTION factory
              اسکوچیچ حیا کن
              افتبه سازی وا کن
              #
              later on
              when it comes to tm
              i dont care about colors
              i was cq supporter against bronko.

Comment

i went as under cover to esteghlali rooms
                You are adorable! How old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
                  You are adorable! How old are you?
                  i am terrified a person by name of
                  some buff guy thinks i am adorable you name is probably asgar agha.
                  if u are female coming to the board as maleand you name is like nilofar or yasaman or heck even aghdas or sekineh
                  i am in my early 40s.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    disagree. 8 months left. There are multiple coaches who would take the Iran job on short term basis. There is talent here to do something special, but it is being badly realized.

Currently, Villas Boas has publicly said he is looking for a WC job but they are all taken, and that his only goal is to coach in Qatar. He would be a great option that I think would mesh well with our tactical approach.

Another option is Petkovic who recently left Bordeaux job. He did a phenomenal job with switzerland.

And IMO we could also go for somebody like Nuno Santos. Another perfect fit tactically, he is out of a job and I am sure would not mind a short term WC appointment.

The lack of time actually helps us. The new coach wont need to worry about qualifying, just getting to know squad in a series of friendlies. And it would force IFF to organize those friendlies ASAP (The coach can demand that upon signing).

As for cost, UK just gave us 400 million, even account for half of that to be spent in Syria and Lebanon, I am sure we can arrange 4-5 million package to seal the deal for a proper coach to avoid embarassment at WC. And there can be an option for extension to AC upon satisfactory performance.

I personally think a lot of highly qualified coaches would back themselves to make a solid defensive unit using CQ blueprint, incorporate offensive talent like Ghoddos, ARJ, Yasin Salmani, Allahyar, Gholizadeh, Alipour, Zahedi, Hosseinzadeh to supply to world class strikers with huge international experience in Taremi and Azmoun, and thus produce a team capable of springing surprise in 8 months time in the WC. There is a low risk, high reward for may coaches currently without a job. Guaranteed decent money, and the benefits of success would be tremendous.
                    Thank you, terrific post.

I also dont buy these - we cant get anyone good, we will get a mercenary coach, etc opinions. There would be many experienced coaches that would jump to coach a team at the WC. We have all the right ingredients we just need a good ashpaz to put it all together

Comment

ashkan dejageh
                      gave it good to skocic
                      he wrote
                      تکه بر جای بزرگان نتوان زد
                      and he put cq pix
                      theyn he delted it lol

Comment

Guys CQ is never coming back lol, the federation wanted him out. They won't be bringing him back, it'll make them look bad.

Also, who is to say CQ would want to ever deal with the headache of working in Iran again? As much as this hurts, we need to let it go
                        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                          Guys CQ is never coming back lol, the federation wanted him out. They won't be bringing him back, it'll make them look bad.

Also, who is to say CQ would want to ever deal with the headache of working in Iran again? As much as this hurts, we need to let it go
                          for few months 3 matches right amount of money
                          everything is possible
                          we need
                          senegal send cq to unemployment line first
                          then lebnon get a draw against us
                          it all starts like that

Comment

I vote for Potter or Slot

Comment

for few months 3 matches right amount of money
                              everything is possible
                              we need
                              senegal send cq to unemployment line first
                              then lebnon get a draw against us
                              it all starts like that
                              No way ever Lebanon gets a draw. I could see us winning 4-0 or 5-0. I doubt we will win less than 2-0.

Comment

if no cq
                                then any coach will do
                                tm
                                beating iraq o bahrain o uae is not imperessive

skocic lissons to dallas
                                to invite haj safi o ansarifar to tm

HEY DANESHMAD
                                WHO TOLD U TO PUT AREF GOLAMI Defa rast?
                                fire him or quit
                                base on just tht move some one needs to get fired
                                Ah it isn't? Ask Wilmots

Comment

Working...
                                X