X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    Too late at this point.
    disagree. 8 months left. There are multiple coaches who would take the Iran job on short term basis. There is talent here to do something special, but it is being badly realized.

Currently, Villas Boas has publicly said he is looking for a WC job but they are all taken, and that his only goal is to coach in Qatar. He would be a great option that I think would mesh well with our tactical approach.

Another option is Petkovic who recently left Bordeaux job. He did a phenomenal job with switzerland.

And IMO we could also go for somebody like Nuno Santos. Another perfect fit tactically, he is out of a job and I am sure would not mind a short term WC appointment.

The lack of time actually helps us. The new coach wont need to worry about qualifying, just getting to know squad in a series of friendlies. And it would force IFF to organize those friendlies ASAP (The coach can demand that upon signing).

As for cost, UK just gave us 400 million, even account for half of that to be spent in Syria and Lebanon, I am sure we can arrange 4-5 million package to seal the deal for a proper coach to avoid embarassment at WC. And there can be an option for extension to AC upon satisfactory performance.

I personally think a lot of highly qualified coaches would back themselves to make a solid defensive unit using CQ blueprint, incorporate offensive talent like Ghoddos, ARJ, Yasin Salmani, Allahyar, Gholizadeh, Alipour, Zahedi, Hosseinzadeh to supply to world class strikers with huge international experience in Taremi and Azmoun, and thus produce a team capable of springing surprise in 8 months time in the WC. There is a low risk, high reward for may coaches currently without a job. Guaranteed decent money, and the benefits of success would be tremendous.

Comment

Just remove skokic asap we are wasting time everyday...

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        Too late at this point.
        I’ve heard Graham Potter and Thomas Frank are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
          France was disaster
          France was a disaster?

The UK newspapers were predicted 4-0, 4-0, 3-0 (Sunday times and Observer) for Germany, Yugoslavia and USA respectfully. We got 3 points with a squad which only had 3 players who had just transferred to Germany over the last 12 months!

Surely 2006 was a disaster, where we saw all the signs coming over the previous 12 months but still persisted with a respectable "daneshman" coach....? I was infinitely happier with the surprise of France than the disgrace in Germany.

We were complete outsiders in France

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ-7bTVEGhM

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
            France was a disaster?

The UK newspapers were predicted 4-0, 4-0, 3-0 (Sunday times and Observer) for Germany, Yugoslavia and USA respectfully. We got 3 points with a squad which only had 3 players who had just transferred to Germany over the last 12 months!

Surely 2006 was a disaster, where we saw all the signs coming over the previous 12 months but still persisted with a respectable "daneshman" coach....? I was infinitely happier with the surprise of France than the disgrace in Germany.

We were complete outsiders in France

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ-7bTVEGhM
            France was to this day in my opinion our toughest group. That Yugoslavia team and Germany team each were very strong and dominant. USA 98 no pushover coming off WC 94. They were all predicted to beat us handedly and we had no African opponents to give us at least a point.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

mr.skocic
              who give u advise
              of playing aref as rb?
              vahid hashemian?

Comment

lol @too late changing hc
                after lebnon match
                we are 8 monhs away.

for iranain coach ONLY ONE
                SHOULD GET CONSIDERATion
                IS AMIR GALE NOIE and bronko i consider
                him iranan coach level.

its not difficult to find a world class
                coach for 3 matches in wc year
                even with sanctions.

Comment

hashemiyan
                  haya kun
                  team meli ro raha kun.

sKOCIC
                  WHO GIVE YOU ADVISE
                  play aref golami
                  right side?
                  WHO?

hashemian should of been gone
                  with wilmoc

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                    mr.skocic
                    who give u advise
                    of playing aref as rb?
                    vahid hashemian?
                    Could be. Lol

He was coaching Aref on the sideline before he went in. Honestly maybe it was his call.

Hashemian was with Wilmots too so maybe he's not as good as a coach as we thought

Comment

I didn't mind as much losing this game away. Sometimes that happens and it wasn't a do or die type match. But the decisions were really baffling. Gholami at RB and Hajsafi in the midfield are deal breakers that exposed Skocic badly and I was a big supporter of his for the results he got digging us out of a massive hole.

But the verdict is out and it shows that his decisions against a decent team proved to be poor. This is indisputable

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                        Could be. Lol

He was coaching Aref on the sideline before he went in. Honestly maybe it was his call.

Hashemian was with Wilmots too so maybe he's not as good as a coach as we thought
                        I agree, I don't think Hashemian is a good coach. He has not done anything to impress. Out of the assistant coaches, I think Bagheri and Tot are the only decent ones.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                          France was to this day in my opinion our toughest group. That Yugoslavia team and Germany team each were very strong and dominant. USA 98 no pushover coming off WC 94. They were all predicted to beat us handedly and we had no African opponents to give us at least a point.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                          Exactly

This is the first time i've heard anyone ever say anything close to "France was a disaster". i mean wtaf...?

I thought it was the opposite - we were NOT expected to get any kind of result against the US, let alone the other two. France was the experience which kick-started iranian football and all these forums...

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                            Exactly

This is the first time i've heard anyone ever say anything close to "France was a disaster". i mean wtaf...?

I thought it was the opposite - we were NOT expected to get any kind of result against the US, let alone the other two. France was the experience which kick-started iranian football and all these forums...
                            only if abedzadeh played against yoguslavia
                            it would of been a tie

that 98 team we had no decent cb
                            that was our only weakness
                            id ahmad reza played we would of had 4 pt

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                              I didn't mind as much losing this game away. Sometimes that happens and it wasn't a do or die type match. But the decisions were really baffling. Gholami at RB and Hajsafi in the midfield are deal breakers that exposed Skocic badly and I was a big supporter of his for the results he got digging us out of a massive hole.

But the verdict is out and it shows that his decisions against a decent team proved to be poor. This is indisputable
                              we all about result against decent teams NOT EVEN ELITE TEAMS
                              DECENT TEAMS LIKE korea japan australia ksa and now qatar to some point.
                              elite teams best result ever was 1-1 with portgual
                              and losing 1-0 to mesi argetina lol

Comment

someone needs to get fired
                                skocic or hashemian
                                one of them must go
                                IF BOTH GO EVEN BETTER

Comment

Working...
                                X