This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
    Guys CQ is never coming back lol, the federation wanted him out. They won't be bringing him back, it'll make them look bad.

Also, who is to say CQ would want to ever deal with the headache of working in Iran again? As much as this hurts, we need to let it go
    Prob for the best. He has gone off the rails challenging fans to a fight after a loss..

https://talksport.com/football/10193...eria-mo-salah/

And now he is in hot water with Columbia FA too trading accusations and insults while coaching Egypt...wake of destruction and disappointment everywhere he has gone. Let's not forget his last match with us was arguably one of our most embarrassing AC performances ever!

https://thetimeshub.in/the-former-co...-from-the-team

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      Prob for the best. He has gone off the rails challenging fans to a fight after a loss..

https://talksport.com/football/10193...eria-mo-salah/

And now he is in hot water with Columbia FA too trading accusations and insults while coaching Egypt...wake of destruction and disappointment everywhere he has gone. Let's not forget his last match with us was arguably one of our most embarrassing AC performances ever!

https://thetimeshub.in/the-former-co...-from-the-team

lol@skocic supporters
      funny thing is
      all the skocic supporters errrrrr cq haters
      Admitted base n their own logic
      cq was greatest wc coach iran ever had.
      their logic was results and records

2 matc against s.korea
      1 pt
      losng 5 point
      SKOCIC SUPPORTERS
      can u admit base on your wn logic
      skocic is worst head coach ever against s.k?
      then we can move on

Comment

CQ can take off his clothes and run across the field during Senegal game. It won’t make that crook Skocic’s situation any better…

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
          CQ can take off his clothes and run across the field during Senegal game. It won’t make that crook Skocic’s situation any better…
          This is part of Ben Williams's nightmares.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
            for few months 3 matches right amount of money
            everything is possible
            we need
            senegal send cq to unemployment line first
            then lebnon get a draw against us
            it all starts like that
            It isn't possible dude, the federation literally wanted him out for years. They didn't like the power he had, and how he challenged them. They value their ego way above Team Melli. Do you honestly think these clowns have any interest in us doing well? Sadly we got lucky to have CQ for those 8 years, now we have local coaches / anyone who will accept our near worthless currency.
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
              It isn't possible dude, the federation literally wanted him out for years. They didn't like the power he had, and how he challenged them. They value their ego way above Team Melli. Do you honestly think these clowns have any interest in us doing well? Sadly we got lucky to have CQ for those 8 years, now we have local coaches / anyone who will accept our near worthless currency.
              Federation wanted him. Sports ministry, didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                The 2022 WC is more-or-less a lost cause with Skocic. His tactical limitations, coupled with the limitations of the IFF and the unusual scheduling that comes with a Winter WC means there's very little that can be done. I don't think Skocic is a good coach but I can't blame the guy for taking on what would otherwise be the opportunity of a lifetime for someone in his position.

At the end of the day, the WC is a short tournament that comes and goes every 4 years. With its expansion to 48 teams starting in 2026, the value and prestige of it will feel slightly diminished. The problem with having a clueless coach - especially one who won't hold our Federation accountable to anything - is that it risks throwing us in a 2007 - 2011 spiral again. Over-reliance on a strong XI without a clear transition between generations means that what we saw today is more or less what Team Melli will become once the Taremis of the world are gone. I think that has far greater ramifications than a poor WC showing. With CQ, if we're to follow his 8 year journey, we see a clear evolution in the team from 2012 --> 2014 --> 2015 --> 2018 --> 2019.

Do I think Skocic should go? Yes. However, that alone doesn't do a whole lot for us. Since we're talking about a limitation of 8 months prior to the WC and keep mentioning the lack of familiarity that even the best coaches will have with Team Melli, I honestly think the best outcome is that CQ fails in his qualification campaign with Egypt and we bring him on for a year. I'm not saying that because I'm a CQ fan but more from a pragmatic standpoint.

Much of key players are still those introduced (or heavily utilized) during CQ's reign, have familiarity with his tactics, and importantly, will probably get a morale boost with his return. For a coach who is often a divisive figure, the Iranian players still hold him in incredibly high regard. If CQ can clean up this defense with tools available while putting out a more mature/potent offense than what we had in 2018, something good just may happen.

Should CQ fail with Egypt, I think he'd be more than willing to come back to Team. Whether or not the Federation/powers behind the scenes consider him is another story.
                IFF likes to have someone as a head coach who they can easily boss him.

Comment

Originally posted by M.U.F.C View Post
                  IFF likes to have someone as a head coach who they can easily boss him.
                  Is that why IFF selected NZ for a friendly and Skocic vetoed it? I guess his bosses told him to veto their selection right?

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

^I've heard the saying that love makes you blind.. but I always thought they meant love for your partner. Learn new things everyday I guess haha

Comment

Is that why IFF selected NZ for a friendly and Skocic vetoed it? I guess his bosses told him to veto their selection right?

in hindsight this exercise of his authority seems like a mistake. With ecuador friendly cancelled, senegal postponed until the september friendly window, playing New Zealand (who are on par with australia these days) would have been much better than nothing.

Comment

Lol that literally means nothing, having the final say on a friendly is a very standard/common responsibility of a coach. If he had any but if a back bone and common sense he would have been pressuring IFF for friendlies in June before the draw.

And to make things worse for him New Zealand actually would have been a semi decent friendly and for sure better than nothing. As of now we have 1 freaking friendly June…..that is almost entirely on IFF yes but if we had someone who can put pressure on IFF, use contacts, etc. then for sure we would not be in this scenario right now.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

if cq was our coach
                          and we had 1 friendly in june
                          with promise of senegal in tehroon
                          HE WOULD OF RAISED HELL.
                          i am sure ozone has an answer
                          ready up his sleeves.
                          whats sad
                          he will have answer after we get
                          max 2 pt maybe at the wc
                          its sad
                          but funny the team work of ozone and
                          tooleh khers .

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                            lol@skocic supporters
                            funny thing is
                            all the skocic supporters errrrrr cq haters
                            Admitted base n their own logic
                            cq was greatest wc coach iran ever had.
                            their logic was results and records
                            2 matc against s.korea
                            1 pt
                            losng 5 point
                            SKOCIC SUPPORTERS
                            can u admit base on your wn logic
                            skocic is worst head coach ever against s.k?
                            then we can move on
                            Mate I always get a headache reading your incoherent comments, it's like an angry kid from COD on Xbox Live wrote this.
                            And this has been covered countless times, we don't have any better alternatives aside from Yahya and he already turned down the chance to manage TM (too stressful)

Comment

بیدار شو اسکو؛سکوت مرموز و هراس*انگیز مهم ترین جایگاه فوتبال ایران!سکوت محض و انفعال خالص از سوی سرمربی؛ ما انتظارات دیگری از دراگان اسکوچیچ و در واقع "جایگاه سرمربی تیم ملی ایران" داریم.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/182573...B1%D8%A7%D9%86

Varzesh3 basically ripped sko a new asshole, referred to him as being asleep at the wheel, and rightfully compared the meticulous approach to prep shown by previous coaches to the complete silence and seeming indifference shown by everybody's favorite croat

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                بیدار شو اسکو؛سکوت مرموز و هراس*انگیز مهم ترین جایگاه فوتبال ایران!سکوت محض و انفعال خالص از سوی سرمربی؛ ما انتظارات دیگری از دراگان اسکوچیچ و در واقع "جایگاه سرمربی تیم ملی ایران" داریم.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/182573...B1%D8%A7%D9%86

Varzesh3 basically ripped sko a new asshole, referred to him as being asleep at the wheel, and rightfully compared the meticulous approach to prep shown by previous coaches to the complete silence and seeming indifference shown by everybody's favorite croat
                                Oh how quickly we forgot about the Belgian who's unholy name shall not be spoken of

Comment

Working...
                                X