No announcement yet.

WC Qatar 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Kish Island and WC, it looks like something is really in the works: link

Key quotes:
    “The Islamic Republic of Iran is ready to provide Qatar with whatever assistance and help it needs to better and more magnificently host World Cup fixtures through Kish Island and other islands nearby. We are confident that the world will see unforgettable matches, given the planning done,” the Iranian president pointed out."

"The Qatari emir went on to highlight that Qatar’s Minister of Transport and Communications Jassim bin Saif Al Sulaiti and Iranian Minister of Roads and Urban Development Rostam Qasemi will soon meet in Kish Island to discuss cooperation for the 2022 FIFA World Cup matches."

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
      About Kish Island and WC, it looks like something is really in the works: link

Key quotes:
      “The Islamic Republic of Iran is ready to provide Qatar with whatever assistance and help it needs to better and more magnificently host World Cup fixtures through Kish Island and other islands nearby. We are confident that the world will see unforgettable matches, given the planning done,” the Iranian president pointed out."

"The Qatari emir went on to highlight that Qatar’s Minister of Transport and Communications Jassim bin Saif Al Sulaiti and Iranian Minister of Roads and Urban Development Rostam Qasemi will soon meet in Kish Island to discuss cooperation for the 2022 FIFA World Cup matches."
      Probably serve as some sort of transit or other logistical support.

Comment

Majedi meets foreign minister for TM

In a meeting with the foreign minister, the acting head of the football federation called for the foreign policy apparatus to help in preparation (securing friendly games of TM for the 2022 world cup in Qatar.

Comment

^thats great, but other Than exchanging prisoners, I’m not sure the Foriegn Ministry has much leverage.

Ps, nice Persian rug

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
            خطیبزاده سخنگوی وزارت امور خارجه
            سخنگوی وزارت امور خارجه اعلام کرد عده ای از هواداران جام جهانی در جزیره های کیش و قشم اسکان پیدا میکنند
            I love this idea man, so now the stadiums should be full of iranian fans. Atleast more than US and the 4rth team (wales/scotland/ukraine)

This would totally reduce the cost of the trip to atleast 1/4. Qeshm is very cheap compared to Qatar and kish. Kish is expensive but lot cheaper than Qatar.

The total trip would've costed around $4-$5k in qatar but now it will be $1k max and for some people $500 . 7 nights in qeshm costs around $100-$200 and the food is even cheaper than most part of iran .

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
              I love this idea man, so now the stadiums should be full of iranian fans. Atleast more than US and the 4rth team (wales/scotland/ukraine)
              This would totally reduce the cost of the trip to atleast 1/4. Qeshm is very cheap compared to Qatar and kish. Kish is expensive but lot cheaper than Qatar.
              The total trip would've costed around $4-$5k in qatar but now it will be $1k max and for some people $500 . 7 nights in qeshm costs around $100-$200 and the food is even cheaper than most part of iran .
              Isn’t it difficult to go from kish to Qatar and back again? I would love to attend WC from America and not have to pay insane prices and just stay in Iran

Comment

Yes folks, if there are better options (cheaper), please let us know. I think this is the area that we make it out of the first round. And who knows, with all of the supporters, we may even make a decent run.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                  Majedi meets foreign minister for TM

In a meeting with the foreign minister, the acting head of the football federation called for the foreign policy apparatus to help in preparation (securing friendly games of TM for the 2022 world cup in Qatar.

Just watch any friendlies we book get cancelled last minute just like Iran-Ukraine in 2006 and Iran-Greece in 2018.

Comment

Sounds like Bu****it to me. There is already a lot of criticism about the world cup being held in Qatar. Imagine if Iran would be part of the world cup organization as well. besides of that what is kish good for? there isn't even a world cup worthy stadium or hotel in those islands.

Comment

Originally posted by Reza_Abdolahi View Post
                      Sounds like Bu****it to me. There is already a lot of criticism about the world cup being held in Qatar. Imagine if Iran would be part of the world cup organization as well. besides of that what is kish good for? there isn't even a world cup worthy stadium or hotel in those islands.
                      considering that qatar's accomadations plans include shoving a few thousand people into tents in the desert (no joke) I think many would find Kish's hotels excellent in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        considering that qatar's accomadations plans include shoving a few thousand people into tents in the desert (no joke) I think many would find Kish's hotels excellent in comparison.
                        Ive been in kish many times. Also in doha. Im not even gonna start this discussion 🤣 besides of that… dont you think it would make more sense if they would ask UAE for help. With UAE being a tourist-friendly country. A lot of people would skip the world cup if they had to travel to iran for it.

Comment

Ive been in kish many times. Also in doha. Im not even gonna start this discussion 🤣 besides of that… dont you think it would make more sense if they would ask UAE for help. With UAE being a tourist-friendly country. A lot of people would skip the world cup if they had to travel to iran for it.
                          not sure. They have pretty atrocious relations with UAE for past 5 years, UAE had a blockade going against them and they had to turn to getting food shipments in from Iran.

I dont think Kish will be a mass destination for any foreign fans in the WC lol. Think idea is some teams may have camps there before the WC to possibly get better idea of the weather, play friendly with TM.

In the actual WC iranian fans would probably highly consider using kish as a base to go to and from the games if quick transport was arranged, it would be much much cheaper.

And the fact you have been in both places (congrats) doesnt really change the fact there is a clear shortage of fan accomodations in qatar that the entire footballing world is currently discussing

Comment

What's wrong with Kish's hotels?
                            I stayed at Shayan Hotel when I was there 7 years ago, and while it was outdated, it was clean, with good food, and excellent helpful staff.
                            Prices were reasonable too and I got to swim in the beautiful waters of the Persian Gulf without millions of tourists around me. Honestly really enjoyed it.

It might not be flashy or bligny like Dubai or Doha, but Kish is still an amazing place. It has so much more potential. On one hand I would love for it to be more open and invite more tourists, on the other I wouldn't want the island turned into a garbage tourist trap like Ibiza (all due respect to the Ibiza lovers here).

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              What's wrong with Kish's hotels?
                              I stayed at Shayan Hotel when I was there 7 years ago, and while it was outdated, it was clean, with good food, and excellent helpful staff.
                              Prices were reasonable too and I got to swim in the beautiful waters of the Persian Gulf without millions of tourists around me. Honestly really enjoyed it.

It might not be flashy or bligny like Dubai or Doha, but Kish is still an amazing place. It has so much more potential. On one hand I would love for it to be more open and invite more tourists, on the other I wouldn't want the island turned into a garbage tourist trap like Ibiza (all due respect to the Ibiza lovers here).
                              speaking from people I know considering going to WC many would be much more likely to attend if they could stay in Kish and fly/take boat to doha on the eve of the matches. It would be incredibly cheaper and be a cool experience to essentially attend a WC from iran.

Comment

Exactly… they have been planning this for years and now all of a sudden the Islamic Republic steps up?

They can’t even make proper Aftebahh to wash their koons, still the old Chinese model with sharp edges.

Tell them to worry about TM and don’t worry about Qatar

Comment

Working...
                                X