No announcement yet.

WC Qatar 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the hell the host of the world cup appeared so out of it against Canada today?

With all the money that has been spent on this team, one would expect it to beat Brazil but now they lost to Caribbean Select (I mean Canada)!!!

Comment

Denmark kits to protest Qatar human rights record.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-rights-record

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Brazil looks good

Comment

اگر حکومت در این مدت سرنگون شود، دیگر* تیمی بنام «جمهوری اسلامی ایران» در جام جهانی ۲۰۲۲ قطر وجود نخواهد داشت..
          Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
          O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Iran: Fifa called on to ban country from World Cup over women's rights

By Flora Drury
            BBC News

A rights group has called on Fifa to ban Iran from this year's World Cup after blocking women from watching games in their own country.

Open Stadiums questioned why the country was being allowed to compete while "Iranian women remain locked out of our 'Beautiful Game'" by officials.

The call comes weeks after women were allowed to attend a domestic match for the first time since 1979.

However, the rights group was sceptical stadiums would remain open to women.

"Iranian women trust neither the Islamic Republic's authorities nor the Iranian Football Federation that the Azadi stadium will remain open to them after the Fifa World Cup 2022 concludes on December 18," Open Stadiums said in an open letter to Fifa's president, Gianni Infantino.

It also argues that even those who travel to Qatar to watch matches risk falling foul of Iranian authorities, with fears state spies may keep tabs on those who attend.

Prohibiting women from games goes against international football rules, the letter points out, arguing Fifa should "immediately expel Iran from the World Cup 2022 in Qatar" as a result.

What happens when sport and politics collide in Iran

Iranian news sites reported speculation that women were allowed to attend the match in August after Fifa sent a letter to authorities calling on them to permit more women into stadiums. Fifa has previously told the BBC it would not "turn its eyes" away from the issue.

There is no official ban on women going to sporting events in Iran, but it is rare as they are often refused entry.

Prior to this, women had effectively been barred from domestic matches where men are playing due to clerical disapproval under the Shia Muslim regime. Women have attended a handful of international matches, including one in March this year, news agency Reuters reports.

The rights group, which campaigns for equal access to sport in Iran, also claimed in the letter that members of the football team going to Qatar later this year had been banned from speaking out over deadly protests currently rocking the country. They were sparked by the death in custody of a young woman, Mahsa Amini, after she was detained morality police.

The letter points out that the detention centre where she died is the same one "where female fans are usually brought to and tortured if we dare to try to attend a football game".

Neither the Iranian football association or Fifa have responded to a request for comment from Reuters.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-63088887

Comment

Team Melli is for Iranian people. The players, coaches and other personnel worked extremely hard to reach the World Cup for the 3rd consecutive time. They don't deserve to be banned from participation at the World Cup.

Mixing Politics and Sports, and banning teams from Sporting events due to non-Sport related issues is absolutely wrong and immoral.

Comment

This whole delusional agenda ppl have, calling for our team to be banned, is ridiculous. - Why should a group of innocent players, who do not support this opression, now lose their chance to play at the world cup???

These poor guys are actually living through this and having to deal with bs in Iran every day - THEY HATE THIS TOO AND THEY JUST WANT TO PLAY FOOTBALL, THAT'S ALL.

Just because a government is treating people like crap, doesn't mean this group of it's people (Team melli) deserves to suffer as well.

On top of that, if this team does well at the world cup, it'll at least bring some joy to them and the people of Iran during this time - WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT??? WHY TRY AND STOP THIS MINIMAL JOY FROM ENTERING OUR PEOPLE'S LIVES???

People need to understand the context of this situation and stop being delusional.

Comment

زنده باد تیم ملی ایران 🐆 و همیشه جاودان باد سرزمین کوروش بزرگ هخامنشی و زرتشت. آدمهای مریض و عقده ای که خواهان حذف تیم ملی از جام جهانی هستند بدانند که تیم ملی مال همه مردم ایران است. بازیکنان تیم ملی پسران کوروش بزرگ هخامنشی و قهرمانان ایران زمین هستند. تجزیه طلبان و دشمنان ایران زمین بدانند که یکوجب از خاک ایران جدا نخواهد شد. پاینده باد ایرانوج 💚🤍❤️ و خلیج همیشگی فارس.

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                    Mixing Politics and Sports, and banning teams from Sporting events due to non-Sport related issues is absolutely wrong and immoral.
                    I agree, but unfortunately some people feel differently. For example the Canada match that was cancelled

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                      زنده باد تیم ملی ایران [emoji249] و همیشه جاودان باد سرزمین کوروش بزرگ هخامنشی و زرتشت. آدمهای مریض و عقده ای که خواهان حذف تیم ملی از جام جهانی هستند بدانند که تیم ملی مال همه مردم ایران است. بازیکنان تیم ملی پسران کوروش بزرگ هخامنشی و قهرمانان ایران زمین هستند. تجزیه طلبان و دشمنان ایران زمین بدانند که یکوجب از خاک ایران جدا نخواهد شد. پاینده باد ایرانوج [emoji172]🤍[emoji3590] و خلیج همیشگی فارس.
                      I love Team Melli and have screamed my heart out in the stadia of every world cup Ive been alive for.

I was so looking forward to this group with Queiroz and our attacking players.

But if there is a choice between success of this national team I love, or them not to be at the world cup but there to be a genuine change in Iran, I know which one I would want. Humanity is more important than football, always.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Instead of criticizing the Team Melli players we should be criticizing these clowns …

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjI2sXOO...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                          I love Team Melli and have screamed my heart out in the stadia of every world cup Ive been alive for.
                          I was so looking forward to this group with Queiroz and our attacking players.
                          But if there is a choice between success of this national team I love, or them not to be at the world cup but there to be a genuine change in Iran, I know which one I would want. Humanity is more important than football, always.
                          Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
                          No question, if TM getting banned for the World Cup would lead to a revolution in Iran - I would be 100% for it. But TM being there and participating will benefit the Iranian people and can spur something more. That's why I am against a ban.

It's a self-defeating proposition.
                          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

There is a real demand of iranian people abd organisations to ban Iran from WC 2022 !!!!

I mean what kind of dirty people want to ban their own nationalteam from the only thing that brings happiness in these dark times
                            ?
                            Even beeing angry when a footballer celebrates after he scores , wtf ??? I am sad because of Iran but that doesnt mean im not allowed to laugh anymore.

I hope Fifa doesnt join this dirty game to ban Iran from WC, these people who are after this are the biggest losers ive ever seen, trators !

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                              There is a real demand of iranian people abd organisations to ban Iran from WC 2022 !!!!
                              I mean what kind of dirty people want to ban their own nationalteam from the only thing that brings happiness in these dark times
                              ?
                              Even beeing angry when a footballer celebrates after he scores , wtf ??? I am sad because of Iran but that doesnt mean im not allowed to laugh anymore.
                              I hope Fifa doesnt join this dirty game to ban Iran from WC, these people who are after this are the biggest losers ive ever seen, trators !
                              Just go and read what our fellow countrymen wrote under CQ'S Facebook Post. It's disgusting and pathetic.
                              They fail to realiste that TM is the peoples team.
                              Imagine being a young passionate footballer dreaming of playing for your nation and hamvatans and they cancel you because of the gouvernment. SMH.
                              IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Look at Masih Alinejad her story, she says footballers you are with the people or with the regime, dont play !!
                                Wtf !!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X