IFF/ News & Views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
    well speak for yourself bro. A lot of people here called wilmots for the coach he actually was. Taj was fooled, he actually said himself wilmots is the 18th best coach in the world. I mean come on, even saying something like this shows how much he was fooled. He should have taken help from people who actually understands coaching
    taj intentions was good

Comment

I also think he was the only one who mentioned letting our Banoos into stadiums.

One of the candidates said that he ran because he took his cue from God? Really bro?

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

OK... perhaps mashsaeed's prediction might not be as nonsensical as i thought...

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
          I also think he was the only one who mentioned letting our Banoos into stadiums.
          One of the candidates said that he ran because he took his cue from God? Really bro?
          maan he looked like a saviour compared to the other canditates.. one scarier than the other..

one was just complaining and being just strange, the other had some adolf 1938-39 rant speach with all the hand and voice changes and crayzie look with the joe pesci voice
          tone.. (the one in the middle)

and majedi on the phone had a freakshow so bad the others plus misaghi started laughing in live broadcast. guy actualy wanted to start phonefight with misaghi who dodged it in a nice way.

in the middle of that, taj was sitting having a calm posture and answering questions/explaining things in a good way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoaWvExloVw
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADXZHAYPhMI
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Unfortunately, that works in Iran. Remember when Ahmadinejad was sitting next to an ancient radiator at a conference and said "Man yek noor didam"?.

I want Iranian women in stadiums(because they deserve it) on top of it making our stadiums 2x chance of being sold out.

Unfortunately, some 97 year old akhoond is waking from a nap and will comment that Taj's views are unacceptable. 97.. how do they live so long

Comment

Taj’s return to Iran football federation is problematic
              https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/475...is-problematic

Sports
              July 26, 2022 - 18:39

The candidate filing period of the FFIRI is closed. Six candidates have been registered.

Aziz Mohammadi, Mehdi Taj, the acting president of FFIRI, Mirshad Majdi, Alireza Asadi, Mohammad Akhundi, and Amir Vaez Ashtiani are the candidates for the post.

The head of the Islamic Republic of Iran Football Federation (IRIFF) will be elected on Aug. 30.

Shahaboddin Azizi Khadem was removed from the presidency of IRIFF in February, a year after he had been appointed president. Since then, the Federation has been run by Mirshad Majedi as acting president.

The registration of Mehdi Taj has caused controversy among the Iranian football community. The former president of the Federation from 2016 to 2019 is one of the most debatable figures in the history of Iranian sports. He has introduced Mehdi Mohammadnabi and Mansour Ghanbarzadeh as his would-be vice presidents.

In August 2020, during Taj's tenure of the FFIRI, the Federation undertook to pay $8.3m to Marc Wilmots, a former coach of the Iranian national team contracted by Taj.

Wilmots was in the country for fewer than 40 days before leaving his seat. The Belgian coach claimed "serious contractual violations" by the Iranian football federation, and FIFA partially accepted the claim.

The 63-year-old Taj is optimistic he will emerge the winner of the election.

Many Iranian football experts believe his possible winning in the FFIRI presidential election means a step back in the country's football.

Mirshad Majedi, the acting president of the Federation, seems to be the main rival of Taj. Despite his status, he is not necessarily the favorite in this election due to a lack of support from the FFIRI Assembly members.

Aziz Mohammadi and Asadi have the experience of working in the football federation as the head of the league organization and the general secretary of the Federation, respectively.

Vaez Ashtiani is a former general manager of the Esteghlal club. He is mainly known as a political and economic figure in Iran. Akhundi has the experience of being in the position of spokesman of the Ministery of Sports for a while.

Looking at the names of the candidates, it seems that Taj's chance to take over the position of the president of the Iranian football federation is more than his rivals.
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

guess they maximized the numbers at tehrantimes.. its not settled yet, waiting for CAS ruling.. but they write 8.3 mil dollars..

elections is on and its going to be a dirty one..
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

brace yourselves.. heres another one.. (might have been posted since its two months old)
                  our 500 MoU with Croatia (or they justtalked about it), but still no friendly for ages..

2022/05/19 - 12:24 Skicka

Croatia national football team's shirt presented to Iran Ambassador

Ambassador of Iran in Croatia met president of the Croatia football federation on Tuesday, 17th may 2022
                  in the meeting, ambassador Esmaeili and Marijan Kustic talked about signing MOU between croatia and Iran fooball federations and also develoment of the cooperation in traning for the levels of the young and teenagers football players.

https://croatia.mfa.gov.ir/en/newsvi...ran-Ambassador
                  pictures in link, nothing happens when i attach the link for pictures..
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Are there any consequences to Taj if he is not able to get our women into the stadiums, or if we don't do as good as 2018 in Qatar, or not being able to reinstate Esteghlal and Perspolis in AFCCL??? I doubt it. Just politician promises before election.

I don't have a favorite horse in this race and I don't let any of their promises sway me... Especially Taj who was in charge for many years, so I look at his track record rather then his promises... For example, I know FIFA was pushing for women being allowed in the stadium and he really didn't do much about that and now he promises to get it done.

And how do you promise better results than 2018 in Qatar?

Comment

I hope Mehdi Taj has good health insurance if he gets voted in. He wasn't perfect, he had his flaws as the president of the IFF. But since Dadkan he was the least vocal in support of the lovely i.r. hokoomat.

I still remember his PDF that he presented before he became the IFF president. It was quite impressive. Very organized and concise. Although he faced many obstacles and may have promised a bit more than he could deliver, he did his best.

I don't trust the other candidates despite their experience in our football. Let's not forget that many footballi individuals complained and protested against these same individuals who first entered our football 12-15 years ago. I don't trust them and do not favor them.

Only Mehdi Taj.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                        The Lower Election Committee disqualified three candidates for Football Federation president due to a lack of supporting documentation.

The lower election committee did not include Amir Reza Vaez Ashtiani, Alireza Asadi, or Mohammad Akhoundi as a result of the lack of support from Assembly members and the paucity of supporting documentation.

So, assuming the prerequisites are met, Azizullah Mohammadi, Mirshad Majedi, and Mehdi Taj are the three candidates that will run in the elections.

The three candidates for theIFF elections were declared ineligible in the final judgment of thelower court committee.Those who were rejected can appeal.

Comment

what was taj thinking promising 8million dollars to wilmots? Skocic took iran to World cup with 2or3 hundred thousand dollars...

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                            what was taj thinking promising 8million dollars to wilmots? Skocic took iran to World cup with 2or3 hundred thousand dollars...
                            dont think it was 8mil, typo or intentional typo at tehrantimes.

its somewhere around 3-6 we owe him.thats whats up to debate at cas, and will be ruled soon. maybe with interest, and other payments it will land on 8-9, if we loose the case, probably land around 3 if cas rules in favour of iff.

thats my GUESS, i dont have the papers but its first time this numner of 8,3 has popped up.. in time for elections

Still: shit ton of money for a shit coach with bad reputation as belgian coach and even worse at ivory coast before landing TM job, should have went for Renard for sure..
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post

its somewhere around 3-6 we owe him.thats whats up to debate at cas, and will be ruled soon. maybe with interest, and other payments it will land on 8-9, if we loose the case, probably land around 3 if cas rules in favour of iff.

thats my GUESS, i dont have the papers but its first time this numner of 8,3 has popped up.. in time for elections

Still: shit ton of money for a shit coach with bad reputation as belgian coach and even worse at ivory coast before landing TM job, should have went for Renard for sure..
                              its true 8m, wilmots already was paid 2m, and he wanted another 6m not counting the interest rate of probably another half million

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                                CAS Decision Just Came In

حکم ویلموتس بالاخره صادر شد.

فدراسیون فوتبال ایران باید ۳ میلیون و ۳۲۵ هزار یورو به این سرمربی پرداخت کند. ( حدود ۱۴۰ میلیارد )

اصل خواسته ویلموتس ۱۲ میلیون یورو بود که دادگاه حکمیت ورزش آن را رد کرد.

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Working...
                                X