Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(#POLL) Comparing coaches thread: Who is the best? Skocic, Wilmotz, CQ, Branko, Daei,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English press writes: something rasict and stupid about our game.

Sko says: Remember Im Croatian, i know how to beat england..

Keshwardoost thinks: I wish you were Portugese though 😁
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
      English press writes: something rasict and stupid about our game.

Sko says: Remember Im Croatian, i know how to beat england..

Keshwardoost thinks: I wish you were Portugese though 😁
      idk why he gets so much backlash for that comment about beating england, people need to learn to have a sense of humor. ngl if cq said something similar people would be laughing and quoting it for years

Comment

Skocic >>>>>>>>>>> Branko

Comment

Seriously though I like Skocic as a person and he seems like an honest guy.

At the "point of no return" when it is definite that he will be the coach for the world cup, then this forum will be united as we have been for previous tournaments (some infamous forum members for Asian Cup 2019 aside....)

I think the world cup will be a banter tournament for Iran and we will get absolutely pummelled, but the guy will try his best. He will probably resign after the third game. It will be sad for those of us who really hoped for something in the last real WC, but that's life I guess.

The main thing is that we won't have an absolute poisoning of TM's soil for a full decade like we had with his compatriot:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...read&p=2828534

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
            Seriously though I like Skocic as a person and he seems like an honest guy.
            At the "point of no return" when it is definite that he will be the coach for the world cup, then this forum will be united as we have been for previous tournaments (some infamous forum members for Asian Cup 2019 aside....)
            I think the world cup will be a banter tournament for Iran and we will get absolutely pummelled, but the guy will try his best. He will probably resign after the third game. It will be sad for those of us who really hoped for something in the last real WC, but that's life I guess.
            The main thing is that we won't have an absolute poisoning of TM's soil for a full decade like we had with his compatriot:
            http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...read&p=2828534
            i agreed with everything you said
            EXCEPT FO THE PART
            SKOCIC WILL RESIGN AFTER 3RD MATCH
            he hs toomuch ego to resign and take responsibility.
            IF NO CQ
            RATHER HAVE BRONKO OVER SKOCIC

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
              i agreed with everything you said
              EXCEPT FO THE PART
              SKOCIC WILL RESIGN AFTER 3RD MATCH
              he hs toomuch ego to resign and take responsibility.
              IF NO CQ
              RATHER HAVE BRONKO OVER SKOCIC
              I do believe that Branko is head and shoulders above where he was as a coach at 2006. Did good with PP and with Oman. He probably has evolved under these 15+ years. Better coach than sko on experiance.

Personality still sucks though, all these sleazy intervues about sko is better than CQ confirms that.

My conclusion: thank croats for what they done and lets go Portugese for a while, or Berazili, Italiai.

Strama was good and classy, made som good intervues aswell after departure.

Its time to let go of eastern europeans ,

Its time to say goodbye
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Can't disagree with this..

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                  Actually, we are saying pretty much the same thing. I just feel we played ultra, ultra, ultra defensive against a Spain that was not that strong for most of the game. We need to start playing football before we go behind. I am pretty certain that had we played Spain in our first game instead of second, we wouldn't have opened up even after we conceded to keep the goal differential low.

I like the approach of teams like Korea, Japan and USA much more. They give themselves a chance to win, instead of the ultra defensive approach. Yes, it increases our chances of losing 2-0 or 3-0 instead of losing 1-0, but also increases our chance of getting results.

I would hate to have a team that could compete with its opponents at WC but never did because of our ultra conservative approach. Morocco competed and was better than us, Portugal and Spain. I want to play like Morocco did and hopefully, with some luck, we can get better results. We are at similar levels to Morocco 2018, maybe a touch lower. We don't need to defend with 10 men deep in our own half.
                  We are for sure not on the same level as Morocco in 2018, not even close. However you don't have to the level of Morocco to play proper football, we can be the level of Iran and do that.

Our team is quite comparable to our 2018 team, some players got better, some got worse. In 2018 we early showed that if dare to not play ultra ultra defensive, why are not a bad team.

Comment

morocco in 2018
                    was
                    more stonger than current wales AND same level of current us team
                    we can win both game 2 and game 3 in 2022 wc
                    first
                    we need to see who is the president of iff
                    and than have a coach written on stone for wc.

Comment

Can't disagree with this..

Agree except for the Angola game part. We played excellent versus Angola. Just couldn’t finish. Go watch the game. We dominated.

Comment

Ghalenoi over Branko please
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Realistically, Ghalenoei is the only realistic choice for Iran. If, with Iran's current squad and considering the recent increase in strength of other Asian teams, he reaches the semi finals of Asian cup, I think he will go down as one of the best coaches for TM's history.

Personally I expect quarter final, which is still good, but he won't be considered a historic coach with that result

Comment

Realistically, Ghalenoei is the only realistic choice for Iran. If, with Iran's current squad and considering the recent increase in strength of other Asian teams, he reaches the semi finals of Asian cup, I think he will go down as one of the best coaches for TM's history.

Personally I expect quarter final, which is still good, but he won't be considered a historic coach with that result
                            Semifinal? If we win the Asian cup he will be considered one of the best. I'll consider final. We have made it to Semifinal with Branko and CQ so getting to semifinal is not special at all especially if the path to our Semifinal is Palestine, Hong Kong, UAE, Syria, and Jurgen Klinsmanns South Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

Semifinal? If we win the Asian cup he will be considered one of the best. I'll consider final. We have made it to Semifinal with Branko and CQ so getting to semifinal is not special at all especially if the path to our Semifinal is Palestine, Hong Kong, UAE, Syria, and Jurgen Klinsmanns South Korea.
                              Our team is more fractured than ever at the moment, the balance of the squad is non-existent and the gap in strength and depth between our squad and other asian teams is bigger than it has ever been.

Just one example, compare transfermarkt.de values of TM squad compared to Korea now with just ONE year ago....! (one year ago we were roughly equal with both squds 65 million, now they are four times our value)

Getting to the semi final in the current context for me would be much more impressive than in previous years/decades

(And this isn't even taking into account the political turmoil with Zan Zendegi Azadi and how players interact with each other, let alone their own mixed feelings)

Comment

Working...
                              X