No announcement yet.

Gol Bezan Podcast Thread [Official]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny Pod... i mean how you can be skokic in is beyond me. He is clearly out of his depth and another case in point with Azmoun none of the players respect him. If this fraud stays what we saw in Korea will be 10 x worse in WC

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
      Funny Pod... i mean how you can be skokic in is beyond me. He is clearly out of his depth and another case in point with Azmoun none of the players respect him. If this fraud stays what we saw in Korea will be 10 x worse in WC
      I didn't agree with Pejman's tone to the suggestion that Skocic should be sacked, but he has a point.

If your goal is just be happy to make to the world cup and solely look at the results in isolation. Then there's not reason Skocic should go just because of one loss. That's a fair point.

Where that line of thinking hits a brick wall is that it ignores the future. If the goal is to put on a semi respectable display at the world cup and not waste the greatest generation of Iranian talent, the you can't just ignore the obvious short comings during these qualifying rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        I didn't agree with Pejman's tone to the suggestion that Skocic should be sacked, but he has a point.

If your goal is just be happy to make to the world cup and solely look at the results in isolation. Then there's not reason Skocic should go just because of one loss. That's a fair point.

Where that line of thinking hits a brick wall is that it ignores the future. If the goal is to put on a semi respectable display at the world cup and not waste the greatest generation of Iranian talent, the you can't just ignore the obvious short comings during these qualifying rounds.
        Bingo. If getting to the World Cup is our only goal, then sure - Skocic - hell even Ghaleneoi is OK. But if you want to make sure we utilize two of our best legionnaires ever in Sardar and Taremi and you want to make a splash (because we can, we lost to Spain and Argentina by the skin of our teeth and tied Portugal and a very good Nigeria side) ... then let's go bigger and better.

I am a big fan of Portuguese managers, so I hope it's Jardim
        "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

I will add - from Arya

Although I don't agree with the sacking in terms of the timing of it, I believe it's too late now. But if it happens now I believe it would be great for the Asian Cup (summer 2023) as the new coach would have experienced being with the team during an intensive competition.
          golbezanpodcast.com
          twitter.com/GolBezan
          instagram.com/GolBezan
          youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Originally posted by Gol Bezan View Post
            I will add - from Arya

Although I don't agree with the sacking in terms of the timing of it, I believe it's too late now. But if it happens now I believe it would be great for the Asian Cup (summer 2023) as the new coach would have experienced being with the team during an intensive competition.
            1000% agree with you Arya jan. Crazy to think about it, but if it wasn't for two late goals against Lebanon, Skocic would've probably been canned...

The situation ended differently and in my opinion it is a bit too late as well in regards to timing... However I'm sure IFF will reassess after the WC and probably hire a better manager for AC 2023

Comment

https://youtu.be/y6Lfl-ycyOQ
              golbezanpodcast.com
              twitter.com/GolBezan
              instagram.com/GolBezan
              youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

golbezanpodcast.com
                twitter.com/GolBezan
                instagram.com/GolBezan
                youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Originally posted by Gol Bezan View Post
                  I will add - from Arya

It really comes down to who would actually be available and WILLING to come to Iran to coach right now.

If there are any coaches with better experience with other decent international sides / club sides...and can instill a strong defensive setup for Team Melli - This type of manager I think would at least not do any WORSE than Skocic would at the World cup...might get even better results due to focusing more on defense and leaving us less open at the back.

Especially considering we have great attacking options / some speedy players who can really thrive in this system now where our forwards are also much better at finishing now than they were 4 years ago. - Azmoun, Taremi (remember the misses vs portugal & spain 2018)

Defend in numbers, and use our great speed and new finishing strength to grind out great results and better the 1-0 VS Spain and 1-1 VS portugal from 4 years ago.

Comment

Good episode. Look forward to the episode with the media from our fellow group mates.

Comment

Must watch especially for all my fellow Iranian Americans - Arya was on Jimmy Conrad’s show which was co hosted by Charlie Davies and Heath Pierce they asked great questions about TM and Arya provided a great analysis as usual: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Qitrcp1UM
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        Must watch especially for all my fellow Iranian Americans - Arya was on Jimmy Conrad’s show which was co hosted by Charlie Davies and Heath Pierce they asked great questions about TM and Arya provided a great analysis as usual: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Qitrcp1UM
                        Excellent work. Hopefully you get invited to the super big shows (guardian football weekly and The totally football show) soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          A great representation of our football (and country) internationally.

Comment

Awesome job Arya!! You are one of the best in the game at what you do. Very unbiased and clear!
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Wonderful job Arya jan. you presented very well. it's great seeing your passion project evolve into something much greater. western media outlets seeking the iranian perspective over the next 6 months now have their man!

Comment

Many thanks to you all for the kind comments, it's greatly appreciated. I'm excited to see what these next 6 months hold for Gol Bezan in terms of coverage to US & English media considering our work is mainly in English. We'll keep pushing to showcase Iranian football!
                                golbezanpodcast.com
                                twitter.com/GolBezan
                                instagram.com/GolBezan
                                youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Working...
                                X