Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the play with 1 or 2 strikers right now?

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
      Do the play with 1 or 2 strikers right now?
      Only 1. Schick.

Alario usually comes off the bench.

Comment

If Schick stays and they play with 1 target it will be hard for Sardar to start, unless he leaves or they play with 2 forwards.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

^ IMO they have a plan for it, they've been fighting to get Sardar, so I doubt they would be so hyped just to pay 25M for him and knowing they will bench him. I'm sure it shall all work out and we'll see him shine in Germany! 👏🇩🇪💪🏻

Comment

Comment

^ well, that escalated quickly...

Comment

Zenit fans claiming he left without clubs permission to sign contract

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Zenit fans claiming he left without clubs permission to sign contract
                  It mentions that in the article. And says Zenit are considering dining Sardar or even moving him to the 2nd team lmao

Comment

Zenit sounds like a butthurt ex right now. I doubt Bayer would give the full 5M they’re asking for now that they’ve already signed Azmoun

Comment

Interesting, looks like he left training camp without permission to sign the contract. Since he's a free agent and it was going to be a summer signing for Bayer, I don't think either party needed to advise Zenit FC of the talks taking place. However, I think it would have been profesionnal courtesy to let the team know immediately after signing because as it stands right now, it looks as though Zenit found out about it through news outlets like us fans... If that's the case, it is unprofessional of Azmoun and his team but I guess we can't know exactly what was going on behind the scenes.

That being said, I really hope he leaves now. I know people would want to see him stay until summer to get the title of #1 scorer and everything but what's the point, he risks getting injured in a useless league race and the greatest risk of all, getting benched or underplayed constantly by Zenit either out of spite or because they want to get the team ready for a post-Azmoun era.

I personally hope this deal for joining in the winter window goes through.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                          Only 1. Schick.
                          Alario usually comes off the bench.
                          the reason for that is that alario is not a good link player at all. He doesnt play well in a pair, and in general his overall level is too weak to warrant a place in xi (although when in better form like last season he is a decent box player).

here is long thread by leverkusen fan who explains why they will probably start together and make great pair (provided they dont sell schick, which for now is the plan unless a mega offer comes in).

Also keep in mind, Seoane's preferred system from his great spell at young boys was 442, so he is certainly not opposed to running with that if he has the right personnel (now he has 2 CFs who would compliment each other very well)

Comment

Really weird to sign a contract with another team in January for 6 months after, and making official with pix holding the shirt. Funnier if zenit/lyon/bayer end up playing against each other in EL!

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              Really weird to sign a contract with another team in January for 6 months after, and making official with pix holding the shirt. Funnier if zenit/lyon/bayer end up playing against each other in EL!
                              Agreed. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this time frame for a signing/transfer. How common is this?

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                Agreed. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this time frame for a signing/transfer. How common is this?
                                its not uncommon at all really.He is fully within his legal rights to negotiate, sign, and announce a transfer as soon as he has 6 months left on his deal.

Ramsey did it arsenal when he signed for juve a few years back. Insigne did the same a few weeks ago when he announced he will go toronto in the summer from Napoli.

Some free agents wont announce until the summer bc they try to use their current club as a bargaining chip (usually the current employer will try to match their offers, offer more, etc if they like the player), and that player can either end up staying, or negotiating a bigger deal with a new team under the perceived threat that he might extend contract with current employer.

If anything azmoun was very honest with zenit, told them straight up he wouldnt sign for past year, and then as soon as he was legally allowed to receive offers reviewed them and made a decision.

Zenit fucked up big time. They didnt sell azmoun for 18 million to the same leverkusen in the summer, thought they could persuade him to sign a new deal by the winter (not sure what gave them that impression), and now sardar took logical
                                step of eliminating rumor around his future and making his final choice.

Now Zenit are left with egg on their face bc they made ridiculous decision of not selling their best player for a great sum of money when he intended to run his deal down and leave as free agent.

Comment

Working...
                                X