This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust
    the initial comment did say this is first legionairre worth watching...

Porto have been involved in some really excellent CL clashes over the past 2 years, in addition to at least a handful of truly top level league games (clashes vs benfica, sporting). Even for neutrals these were great games, specially the juventus and chelsea ties, Atletico matchups.

Anyways as people are saying having the two at clubs that match their skill level is a great achievement in itself and should boost whole teams confidence heading into WC knowing that if they can do the simple things correctly (good defensive shape, limit errors in possession, play basic passes) they will have a chance bc of two (hopefully) in form, experienced forwards that have been regularly exposed to/succeeded in top levels of european games
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Bz7OlqPl8

They were also knocked out of CL by Krasnodar

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Bz7OlqPl8
      They were also knocked out of CL by Krasnodar
      Not fair to point to that as a marker of Porto’s level as a whole. They are a top class club and are constantly sending players off to other teams that others would call world class without batting an eye. I agree in that if you slotted a team like Porto into the PL then they would smash 2/3 of that league no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        Have you missed all of Porto’s last two seasons?
        only champions league.
        i am sure you are in your early 20s
        and when i was your age i was crazy about
        any persiaan player which played outside of iran.
        i think is age thing.. disnt like fish now i do.

about the leagues

epl seria a bundes liga la liga and french league to some
        extend has quality all around.

pourtugal league holland league danish denmark
        its not even close to that level.
        YES A TEAM LIKE PORTO in champions league can
        make a run here and ther IT DOSENT MEAN THEY HAVE QUALITY LEAGUE.
        the gap between top 5 league to pourtugal league is larger
        than gap between iran league and pourtugal league.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
          Not fair to point to that as a marker of Porto’s level as a whole. They are a top class club and are constantly sending players off to other teams that others would call world class without batting an eye. I agree in that if you slotted a team like Porto into the PL then they would smash 2/3 of that league no problem.
          I don't point that as a marker of Porto level and I don't ever recall saying they were a bad team. In fact, I believe that Porto is a great team and Sérgio Conceição is a great manager. I was just showing that as a counter-example that they have their bad moments too in CL, like Zenit under Semak or other teams.

I never said anything about Porto and PL, and I agree with you regarding that they could challenge 2/3 of PL.

Comment

PORTO > BYER

from club vs club perspective

from my early recollections of watching CL football, Porto have always been the Giant Killers of CL football, cant count the number of times i've seen them upset higher profile supposed elite clubs in the European competition..!! i remember during this last CL campaign announcer mentioning something like they were top 3-4? club with the most CL games under the belt ..!

Comment

Bayer Leverkusen signs Iran forward Azmoun for next season (AP article)

Sat, January 22, 2022, 10:38 AM

LEVERKUSEN, Germany (AP) — Bayer Leverkusen signed Iran forward Sardar Azmoun for next season on Saturday, announcing the transfer shortly after it scored five goals in a Bundesliga game.

Leverkusen said the 27-year-old Iran international will join on a free transfer after deciding not to extend his contract with Russian champion Zenit St. Petersburg. He is getting a 5-year deal with the German club.

“Azmoun is one of the Russian league’s top scorers for years. He was champion three times in a row there with Zenit, has regularly played Champions League and shown his international class at the highest level there,” Leverkusen sporting director Simon Rolfes said. “He will bring more quality to our attack.”

Leverkusen routed Augsburg 5-1 earlier Saturday and has scored 49 goals in 20 rounds of the Bundesliga so far — a club record for this stage of the season.

Azmoun has scored 39 goals in 60 appearances for Iran.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bayer-lev...183823969.html

Comment

I love this picture, which shows all those TM members that paved the way for Sardar to make the move to Bundesliga. While he deserves all the credit for this hard work to get signed by Bayer, those who came before him set the precedent and have shown current Iranian players what's possible!

Comment

There were a lot of upsets in the CL that year that Porto lost. Didn't Barcelona become "hasht-taia" against Bayern? Manchester City lost to someone as well that was an upset.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                    PORTO > BYER

from club vs club perspective

from my early recollections of watching CL football, Porto have always been the Giant Killers of CL football, cant count the number of times i've seen them upset higher profile supposed elite clubs in the European competition..!! i remember during this last CL campaign announcer mentioning something like they were top 3-4? club with the most CL games under the belt ..!
                    truthfully where would porto rank in the 2021-2022 EPL rankings? you really believe as some members have said that they'd be 4th after chelsea, liverpool, man city?

Comment

The choice is alright. Leagu is obvisouly better than the Russian PL.
                      3rd placed BL club (but with a big gap to Bayern München and Dortmund). Possibly in the CL or at least EL when Sardar shows up.

From a business pesrpective though, I'm surprised he didn't wait until summer.
                      Since LK made a serious EUR 20 mil offer before, I hope Sardar at least negotiate a huge sign-on bonus for himself, else he really short-changed himself.

But great that he seems to be a great fit for the LK team and that both sides really wanted this. That alone is worth gold!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                        I love this picture, which shows all those TM members that paved the way for Sardar to make the move to Bundesliga. While he deserves all the credit for this hard work to get signed by Bayer, those who came before him set the precedent and have shown current Iranian players what's possible!

Great medley picture. But technically, it's missing Daniel Davari.

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                          cool crowd!
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaW0R-oki54
                          also thx to zenit for nice years of following them and their fun tweets!
                          they have been a cool club to follow!
                          Can't wait to hear "Serdar AZMOOOUUN" loudly in the stadium for every goal he scores!!

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                            The choice is alright. Leagu is obvisouly better than the Russian PL.
                            3rd placed BL club (but with a big gap to Bayern München and Dortmund). Possibly in the CL or at least EL when Sardar shows up.
                            From a business pesrpective though, I'm surprised he didn't wait until summer.
                            Since LK made a serious EUR 20 mil offer before, I hope Sardar at least negotiate a huge sign-on bonus for himself, else he really short-changed himself.
                            But great that he seems to be a great fit for the LK team and that both sides really wanted this. That alone is worth gold!
                            He will join them in the summer, he signed a pre-contract. Why the hell should he wait until the summer to sign?

Comment

Hey guys! Do you think they will sell Schick in the summer or do you think the idea here is to go with 2 strikers? I would love to see Schick and Azmoun link-up in the attack, vaaay chi misheeee😍

Comment

I think they are looking to get rid of Alario.

Comment

Working...
                                X