This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    Agreed. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this time frame for a signing/transfer. How common is this?
    Not uncommon. Under the Bosman rule players can sign a contract with another club 6 months prior to the end of their contract.

As far as I'm aware, Zenit can't offer him to any other clubs and can't even sign a contract with him anymore as he's already got agreements in place with Bayer Leverkusen. The only thing Zenit can do to get some money is to offer him to Bayer Leverkusen for a winter transfer for a low fee and see if they want to pay for him to join earlier or not.

Comment

https://www.kicker.de/warum-bayer-ni...artikel#twfeed

Leverkusen won't push for a winter move

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
        I think they are looking to get rid of Alario.
        They have been trying to sell Alario for years. They played with a false 9 Wirtz in the past to avoid starting Alario

Comment

exciting

Comment

I'd like to think this was in the making a whole while ago (perhaps him following Bayer from that time should have given us n Zenit an indication. Or not.).

If true, then I must commend on Azmoun maturing. Lesser mature players would have blabbered about the deal or wld have made references and hints in their excitement.
            But the lad kept his cool. Even listened to other offers to keep his options open (Juve)
            And only when he was legally permitted to announce, did he do so.

Personally I think either Bayer or Atalanta wld have been extremely wise choices.
            But even between these two, he stands to gain more publicity & fame in Germany than Italy. And the money is better too. Let's not kid ourselves.
            More importantly he is joining an ATTACKING team. For. Striker joining a bottom dwelling team is extremely risky and near suicidal.
            So another plus.

Very happy for him.
            Now his main mission should be to keep fit and avoid injuries till summer. Get in a few goals here n there. But not the highly risky ones.

Comment

Rolfes on whether Sardar Azmoun is a Schick replacement. “Not at all. He fits tremendously with Patrik & also wonderfully to our other attackers. We have a good growing squad but one that in places we want to make even better. And in that regard Sardar Azmoun is a good signing.”

https://twitter.com/RaeComm/status/1...C-ufHJx5wpAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                Really weird to sign a contract with another team in January for 6 months after, and making official with pix holding the shirt. Funnier if zenit/lyon/bayer end up playing against each other in EL!
                Conflict of interest to say the least. If I were in Sardar's camp I would sign a secrecy/non-disclosure clause. Keep this under wraps till summer. At a mininum it can create a rift with his Zenit teammates as they may accuse him of not having his heart with the team etc.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

^I don't see a conflict of interest. Whether he does well at Zenit for another 6 months (or not), would not change or affect anything with Bayer. The only conflict of interest would be if they get matched up against each other.

What's more interesting to me is the radio silence from Zenit since the Bayer announcement. In addition, I haven't seen any new Sardar pics on their twitter account since the signing. I'm sure they're disappointed to lose him.

Comment

He should move to Bayer asap if possible!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                        ^I don't see a conflict of interest. Whether he does well at Zenit for another 6 months (or not), would not change or affect anything with Bayer. The only conflict of interest would be if they get matched up against each other.

What's more interesting to me is the radio silence from Zenit since the Bayer announcement. In addition, I haven't seen any new Sardar pics on their twitter account since the signing. I'm sure they're disappointed to lose him.
                        You are employed by one team and while under contract sign a future contract with another employer...a competitor. Definitely conflict of interest. Who pays his medical expenses if he gets hurt let's say a month before he moves to BL? Is BL obligated to take him on if he has a God forbid long term injury? Can Zenit sell his rights elsewhere between now and end of transfer window? All these are potential scenarios and smells similar to the contracts Ghoddos signed and got in trouble for.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Yup what he did was lack of professionalism.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

where is lack of professionalism lol.

This is called bosman contract rule, many players use it.

read about it here if you are confused: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosman...ss%20remaining.

You have 6 months left on deal you are free to negotiate, sign, and announce pre contract agreement. Ramsey did so, insigne did so, sardar cant? Meanwhile if he didnt same people would be complaining that he is starting rumors about his own transfers and creating instability for the club and himself.

The only possible infraction here is breaking covid protocol to go sign the paper and take 2 pictures.

And he informed zenit plenty of times that he wouldnt sign their extension offer, they are the ones who messed up by not taking that seriously and thinking he would somehow U turn and sign again. He doesnt need to tell them anything about what team he will sign with and when. Thats just between him and that team.

Just keep in mind, zenit are the ones who two summers ago when napoli and few others were quite interested asked for 30(!) million. Sardar didnt say anything, despite such a ridiculous valuation. Did his job, won them another league title.

Next summer...18 million on table from leverkusen, he agrees to personal terms (this is in the middle of the summer), zenit AGREE to fee in principle, then pull out at last minute. Then they do similar thing with lyon at end of the window.
                            Whole time sardar said nothing, did nothing, and returned and actually played even better. Saved their ass in big RPL games, scoring in CL, didnt mention one word about his transfer plans.

Now as soon as he enter january millions of rumors start. Official offers arrive to zenit (Juventus, Lyon) , they tell him they wont sell him. He tells them he wont extend and will leave in the summer. Next he reviews official pre contract offers, chooses what he thinks is best one, makes it official as allowed by above ruling to remove any uncertainty about his future, and probably clear his own mind of any doubt they will trap him hostage so he can play last few months ba khiale rahat. If tomorrow god forbids he get injured he guarantees himself a contract and income stream.

Only zenit were unreasonable here, they had many chances to sell him at right time, make money on him, find good replacement... but some people live to find excuse to say our best player did something wrong, is unprofessional, is bache nane, will never leave russia, has no ambition, etc. Its sad and its also very difficult to find a reason for besides personal grudge/agenda

Comment

When Zenit turned down the offers from good clubs, he didn’t throw his toys out of the pram. He has been nothing but respectful to them - when he was not starting he didn’t bad mouth Semak or the team. He has alway praised Zenit.
                              He is in his right to sign a pre contract now- it is a sensible option as he has guaranteed his future and a job for himself when he leaves Zenit at the end of his contract 6 months before the World Cup starts.

Comment

Lol, so Sardar and all employees should be unemployed before looking for another job and signing a future contract? This happens all the time in corporate or healthcare jobs. To give your current employer a 6 month heads up is actually a very professional thing to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X