Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCQ 2022: Iran - Iraq (Info, Reports & Live Updates)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    How the fffaaakkk does Iraq have a youth player at man U ....while our top talent cant even have a look at idiotic Russia or crap leagues like that?

Answer; IR
    Iraq didn't produce him, England did. He was born and trained there and he has an Iraqi mother (Pakistani father).

A lot of 18/19 year-olds play in top academies and you never hear about them. He may turn out to be nothing. But he has bad advisors for sure. Why go play for Iraq when you were born and raised in England? Does he not think he is good enough to at least try to make the English team? Clearly he was led by advisors to play for Iraq. He's too young to do the calculus himself at such a young age. They clearly don't have the best interest for him at heart. Committing to the 75th best team in the world at such a young age when you don't know how you will feel in 3 or so years is risky.
    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
      Iraq didn't produce him, England did. He was born and trained there and he has an Iraqi mother (Pakistani father).

A lot of 18/19 year-olds play in top academies and you never hear about them. He may turn out to be nothing. But he has bad advisors for sure. Why go play for Iraq when you were born and raised in England? Does he not think he is good enough to at least try to make the English team? Clearly he was led by advisors to play for Iraq. He's too young to do the calculus himself at such a young age. They clearly don't have the best interest for him at heart. Committing to the 75th best team in the world at such a young age when you don't know how you will feel in 3 or so years is risky.
      I think you can switch national teams at a certain point now

Comment

I will be surprised if he joins in such a short notice. Wonder how good is he.

Comment

Why do these days go so slooooow I want TM action!!! 😡🇮🇷💚

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
            I would guess no iraqi has been calling him fking iraqi or pakki and asked him to move home.. like the english do (and rest of mid and west europeans) so im allwayz happy when these playrs switch. As unitedfan i hope elanga choses kameroon over the suedi and english nt.

Anyway, we will do this to them in second half. Aka Skoochietime 😉
            https://youtu.be/tWIsEvCT9-0
            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I hope my fuc%$ nightmare of 1-1 doesn't come true. Otherwise hope syria ties or beats UAE. Sorry guys but I'm feeling a pressure and can't help it.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
                I hope my fuc%$ nightmare of 1-1 doesn't come true. Otherwise hope syria ties or beats UAE. Sorry guys but I'm feeling a pressure and can't help it.
                Relax lol.
                We’re 10p ahead with 12p to play for.
                We got 3 games in Tehran.
                Mehdi is back extremely motivated.
                Our opponents have been absolute shit. What makes you think they will be even close to a threat?

4-0 Iran, case closed.
                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                  Relax lol.
                  We’re 10p ahead with 12p to play for.
                  We got 3 games in Tehran.
                  Mehdi is back extremely motivated.
                  Our opponents have been absolute shit. What makes you think they will be even close to a threat?
                  4-0 Iran, case closed.
                  yeah, and if we eaven draw, (hope we win)
                  if uae doesnt win and leb doesnt win we are still qualified right? cuz then we are at 17 pts and uae is at max 7 with a draw, with 9 pts left to play for.
                  uae syria is very possible to end up in a draw, and probably some red cards aswell..
                  and korea wont probably lose to lebanon

# TEAM P W D L F A GD PTS

1 Iran 6 5 1 0 11 2 9 16
                  2 SoKo 6 4 2 0 8 2 6 14
                  3 UAE 6 1 3 2 4 5 -1 6
                  4 Leb 6 1 2 3 4 6 -2 5
                  5 Iraq 6 0 4 2 3 9 -6 4
                  6 Syria 6 0 2 4 5 11 -6 2
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I understand being a TM fan is stressful, but don’t be afraid of games against Asian opponents, and even European ones.
                    If we play poor against teams like Iraq or kooft or zahre mar, it’s because we bring our own level down.

On paper a team like Iraq should be no problem for us. However we need to really play hard against them and not give them any chances. Also we should be prepared for them to play dirty as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      I understand being a TM fan is stressful, but don’t be afraid of games against Asian opponents, and even European ones. I have already made my plans on that day. Cause it's so much stressful I'll be drinking a bottle of wine and Won't watch the game. Once it ends I will look at the score. So far I did the same things with all previous games and it worked !!!
                      If we play poor against teams like Iraq or kooft or zahre mar, it’s because we bring our own level down.
                      On paper a team like Iraq should be no problem for us. However we need to really play hard against them and not give them any chances. Also we should be prepared for them to play dirty as usual.
                      agreed. Wish we were playing qualifiers in Europe I wouldn't have this stress. It's only playing against these Arabs makes me nervous.

Comment

agreed. Wish we were playing qualifiers in Europe I wouldn't have this stress. It's only playing against these Arabs makes me nervous.
                        My friend take a breath.

Games against Arab teams should make us nervous if we are behind them in points.

Iraq has to come out and play us for not only a win, but a big win. No Arab team does well in that scenario because they leave themselves so vulnerable to counters.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                          My friend take a breath.

Games against Arab teams should make us nervous if we are behind them in points.

Iraq has to come out and play us for not only a win, but a big win. No Arab team does well in that scenario because they leave themselves so vulnerable to counters.
                          I'm sure they will play on counters .

Comment

Let's not forget that TM with Skocic has a 100% record against Central Asian and Arab teams. I don't think anyone is going to take this for-granted. TM will be highly motivated to qualify next Thursday with a decisive win at home and that's my prediction.

Go TM!

Comment

It won't be an easy match because we always struggle in the first match out of two. We always played better in the 2nd match. Also consider that Iraq had a friendly match while our players will assemble two days before the game. 4-0 predicitions are not realistic in my opinion. I predict a 2-1 victory.

Comment

Have they announced how many people are allowed to attend the stadium?

Comment

Working...
                                X