Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCQ 2022: Iran - Iraq (Info, Reports & Live Updates)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
    When you thought it can’t get any better, Aussie refs for an Iran-Iraq game!!

What is it with everyone having to fly to the UAE and fly past Iran to get back to Iran!! Is the UAE airline the only that flies to Tehran?? Sound’s barmy to me.

And I guess no charter flight is allowed to fly to Tehran or at most, the claim that there’s no money?
    Is that the same Aussie ref from the UAE - Iran game? Also it sucks that we don't have VAR. I would rather see TM play in Qatar with VAR.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akvHiOEo6JM

Istanbul is having its heaviest blizzard in the last 20 years!
      This is peanuts comparing to the amount of snow that comes down in upper New York state and into Canada's provinces of Quebec and Ontario. The difference is Turkey is not prepared to deal with something like this. That is why life comes to a halt!

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
        When you thought it can’t get any better, Aussie refs for an Iran-Iraq game!!

What is it with everyone having to fly to the UAE and fly past Iran to get back to Iran!! Is the UAE airline the only that flies to Tehran?? Sound’s barmy to me.

And I guess no charter flight is allowed to fly to Tehran or at most, the claim that there’s no money?
        emirates airlines has daily flights to tehran

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
          Taremi delay story is a bit fishy too! ... They are saying he landed in a city 800km from Istanbul. If that is 800km into the European side of Turkey, then he is probably somewhere in Bulgaria. If it is 800km into the Asian side of Turkey then that must be very close to Iranian boarder somewhere. He can take a taxi or a bus to get to Iran.
          But I think Iranian media loves to blow everything out of proportion and make it sound big!!1 . It is probably 80km!!!
          It is not fishy Kavian jaan. Turkey is a big country. Dalaman is near the Mediterranean coast between Izmir and Anatalya, so it is southeast of Istanbul. I am not sure why Mehdi ended up there, my guess is that after they could not land in Istanbul they looked for a safe landing airpot and perhaps other airports were busy because of all the redirects due to the blizzard in Istanbul. Dalaman is not a village, it is a city with a major airport that acts as a regional hub. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalaman . According to Google Map, the fastest driving route from Istanbul is 759 Km in distance.

Go TM!

Photo of Dalaman airport:

Comment

Hey guys! Will IRIB Channel 3 be showing the match VS Iraq?

I believe that's the channel from Iran that usually shows it - Just want to confirm.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post

I believe that's the channel from Iran that usually shows it - Just want to confirm.

Thanks in advance!
              Yes, it should be IRIB Ch 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post

Thanks in advance!
                Most probably. Here is the schedule but it is broken and only works on the day you are checking. https://tv3.ir/conductor . I am amazed at how basic stuff like major TV channel schedule doesn't work in this "republic" of incompetence. You could also use hesgoal.com . I am almost sure they will show it. The best option in the U.S. is https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/...an-qualifiers/ that requires subscription.

Go TM!

Comment

First photo of today's TM practice at Azadi.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                    Sanctions? No one dares to do business with us, they will get fined and punished hard, maybe even also sanctioned. It's not worth it for them I guess.
                    Probably this is a question answered before but I ask it here since I don't know the answer. Why we can't produce our own kits? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by kianstarwars View Post
                      Probably this is a question answered before but I ask it here since I don't know the answer. Why we can't produce our own kits? Thank you!
                      Merooj (Majid) is an Iranian company founded by Dr. Majid Saedifar. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merooj. https://www.majidshop.ir/

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by kianstarwars View Post
                        Because none of our domestic brands is willing to step up and provide the kits to the IFF for free. Only time someone was willing to do that was Hacoupian who provided the snazzy suits to TM for 2018 WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                          Is that the same Aussie ref from the UAE - Iran game? Also it sucks that we don't have VAR. I would rather see TM play in Qatar with VAR.
                          Hmm arent there supposed to be VAR this game? I remember they were testing it last game, but not officially using it during the game, no contant with the ref or something like that. wasnt it reported it was going to happen for this game?

uuuh, aussie ref.. hopefully we will celebrate our win and ticket to world cup, and ausse can remember 1998 qualifyers
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

what about merooj? doesnt he have any worrys because of sanctions? after all he some international sponsorships.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                              Because none of our domestic brands is willing to step up and provide the kits to the IFF for free. Only time someone was willing to do that was Hacoupian who provided the snazzy suits to TM for 2018 WC.
                              z

Daei used to provide kits too. From around 2003-2009 I think. People used to complain about him but we never had complaints about quality or quantity when he was responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by 026121 View Post
                                I still think our RB position is one of our weakest, Hardani is too small/lacks experience. Moharami is partially at fault for two goals/one UAE offside all of these goals came from his side and he had another sooti in the Syria match. Skocic doesn’t like how Ramin plays but he’s the only one with the experience and fitness/strength to help us, Esmailifar is also more of a offensive RB.
                                i play right back for my team... my tm call up is coming soon...

Comment

Working...
                                X