Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCQ 2022: Iran - Iraq (Info, Reports & Live Updates)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salar View Post
    HajiSafi, Ahmad and Sardar are all out unfortunately. Khorshidi just confirmed on TV. Players arriving from Europe are having a very tough time arriving via Istanbul due to very bad weather. Mehdi has been flying all day and is stuck in Dalaman waiting for a way to get to Tehran. Luckily, we have enough players to win on Thursday regardless. Allahyar also does not have a passport as he's had to apply for a UK visa (Hull City I guess is confirmed then) and will miss the camp as well.
    Sucks that we can’t have everyone and that this is happening last minute, but I’m also totally confident in ansarifard, saman and amiri/noorafkan to all fill the potential starting roles those guys would have all filled. And allahyar’s absence leaves room for shahab to definitely make his debut.
    Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 01-24-2022, 01:58 PM.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Now I understand what Skocic meant when he said what makes him up at night is the health of TM players. Three positives so far. Let's hope that's the end of it and the rest will make it to Tehran safely and in good health. I agree that we have enough talent to beat Iraq and UAE in Tehran.

Go TM!

Comment

As said before, Shahr Khodro would beat this iraqi team.
        Prediction stands, 4-0 Iran.
        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

In this clip, Khorshidi, TM Admin Manager (sarparast) says that Mehdi is stuck in a city called Dalaman and they can't find it on the map. Here is the google map address: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Da...62!4d28.799991 . It's a city in the southern coast of Turkey between Ismir and Anatalya. He says they could not find it on the internet. https://video.varzesh3.com/video/245...85%D9%84%DB%8C

Khorshidi says that Sardar wants to join if his test is negative later and make it to UAE match. That usually doesn't happen in a few days. We shall see.

The following IFF link as of 9:41 pm Tehran time states that Hajsafi, Noorolahi and Sardar are out due to positive COVID-19 tests and Allahyar can't travel because he doesn't have his passport. The following players are stranded in Turkey due to weather: Taremi, Ansarifar, Niazmand and Abedzadeh. The following are in the camp: Ghoddoos, Noorafkan, Zahedi, Amiri, Ghaedi, Hardani (all negative tests), Biranvand, Yazdani, Torabi, Sarlak, Moharami, Kanaanizadegan, Shoja, Majid Hosseini, Saeid Ezatollahi, Kamiabinia, Gholizadeh, Soroosh Rafiei (I assume he was on the waiting list and is another replacement) and Kaveh Rezaei (All awaiting test results). Jahanbakhs should have already joined the camp since the link says he will be there in 45 minutes. Milad Mohammadi is coming through UAE.

http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/10998/%D8%A2...85%D9%84%DB%8C

Go TM!

Comment

haha wtf, so Taremi has disappeared from surface of earth?😂

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                Sucks that we can’t have everyone and that this is happening last minute, but I’m also totally confident in ansarifard, saman and amiri/noorafkan to all fill the potential starting roles those guys would have all filled. And allahyar’s a sense leaves room for shahab to definitely make his debut.
                Hopefully Skokic doesn’t go with Rezaei.
                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                  Hopefully Skokic doesn’t go with Rezaei.
                  Are we still going to win 4-0 if Kaveh starts?

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                    Are we still going to win 4-0 if Kaveh starts?
                    Hehe funny guy. Ofc, but it won’t look as pretty 😉
                    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                      In this clip, Khorshidi, TM Admin Manager (sarparast) says that Mehdi is stuck in a city called Dalaman and they can't find it on the map. Here is the google map address: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Da...62!4d28.799991 . It's a city in the southern coast of Turkey between Ismir and Anatalya. He says they could not find it on the internet. https://video.varzesh3.com/video/245...85%D9%84%DB%8C
                      Khorshidi says that Sardar wants to join if his test is negative later and make it to UAE match. That usually doesn't happen in a few days. We shall see.
                      The following IFF link as of 9:41 pm Tehran time states that Hajsafi, Noorolahi and Sardar are out due to positive COVID-19 tests and Allahyar can't travel because he doesn't have his passport. The following players are stranded in Turkey due to weather: Taremi, Ansarifar, Niazmand and Abedzadeh. The following are in the camp: Ghoddoos, Noorafkan, Zahedi, Amiri, Ghaedi, Hardani (all negative tests), Biranvand, Yazdani, Torabi, Sarlak, Moharami, Kanaanizadegan, Shoja, Majid Hosseini, Saeid Ezatollahi, Kamiabinia, Gholizadeh, Soroosh Rafiei (I assume he was on the waiting list and is another replacement) and Kaveh Rezaei (All awaiting test results). Jahanbakhs should have already joined the camp since the link says he will be there in 45 minutes. Milad Mohammadi is coming through UAE.
                      http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/10998/%D8%A2...85%D9%84%DB%8C
                      Go TM!
                      HAAHA is Mehdi taking the riding donkey over the mountain way in to Iran from Turkey?

3 days to game starts so he should make it.. what a circus with the traveling, people stuck. atleast this isnt iffs fault but fifa afc should not have this 3 days before game starts people travel when this can happen. so poor planning from afc and fifa for the qualifers to synk with uefa game schedule.. its like the federations doesnt cooperate at all to get this to work,

last pic seen of Mehdi, apparently somewhere in mountains near the border..
                      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I don’t understand the Allahyar situation. How does he not have a passport when he lives in a foreign country? With Sardar’s absence, this would be the perfect time for him to play.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                          I don’t understand the Allahyar situation. How does he not have a passport when he lives in a foreign country?
                          very fishy.. has fener taken his passport or did he lose it?
                          we need him specialy if Sardar isnt in the squad now..

anyway he is in turkey so he is probably stuck due to weather like everyone else there..
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by 026121 View Post
                            Don’t know how I feel about playing Taremi as the lone striker, the Iraqis will try to isolate him. Would play Ansarifard or Allahyar in this match.
                            wonder if we coulld have him drawed back and positioned inbetween midfield and attackers instead like porto forcing opponents to have unguarded spots in defence if they manmark with defenders or give up midfield if they move dm to mark him..
                            would be interesting taremi behind allahyar and zahedi for an example

beiranvand/abedz

hardani, kaanani, shoja, noorafkhan

sarlak, ezzatollahi, amiri

taremi

allahyar, zahedi

he could work out there pretty well since he hustles hard in defence aswell as in the pressure.. think this would be a beasty lineup
                            usualy noorollahi but sarlak in since he is out with covid.
                            4-3-1-2 lineup
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                              I don’t understand the Allahyar situation. How does he not have a passport when he lives in a foreign country? With Sardar’s absence, this would be the perfect time for him to play.
                              The claim is that his passport has been submitted for UK visa due to the impending transfer to an English club supposedly Hull City and he is not currently in possession of his passport.

Go TM!

Comment

Too bad our local league is in dismal shape, otherwise we could have gone with all local players and not put everybody in such risk of catching the bloody virus through travel!

Even our U23 augmented with a few senior player could have look after I-Rak.

Comment

Working...
                                X