Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salam Be Hameh Doostan Ghadeemi

Salam Doostan,

Hopefully old timers remember me. I see things haven't changed much even after my almost 10 years of absence. Doctor Doom is still critical of the head coach. I am kidding Dr. Jaan. Anyhow, almost 10 years or maybe more. Just figured to stop by and say hello.

Two Points:
    1. Carlos Quierosh
    2. Skocheech

I am so glad, I stayed away during the Carlos Quirosh days, or else, I would have been getting a lot of hate by Quiersh supporters. Anyhow past is past. Long live Iran and Team Melli.

I have a lot of respect for Skocheech and what he has accomplished. I know a lot of people are counting the time for first defeat by national team to say " I told you so". But hey so is life. What he has done and how he stood up in Taremi case, really added to my respect for him.

Great job by Vahid Hashemian and Mehdi Mahdavi Kia as well, we really need this past generation of our legioners to bring their experience and professionalism from Europe to Iran.
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

Welcome back!
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      Welcome back!
      Merci Ghermez Agha.
      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."

sigpic

Comment

long time, no read/fight .

welcome back matey.

actually I'm not that critical of Eskoochi-man. If you've followed recent game and debates on TM performances. In fact I encourage pl to be more grateful for the man stepping up to the plate and accepting a job that many were too frightened to take up.
        So far I have little to complain about.

but that ever elusive loss WILL come soon.
        and there will be some who will immediately say that "I told you so" cliche!. sigh!
        I can imagine his near perfect record has caused many teeth to grind and many fists to clench in frustration.

Comment

Fully agree dada. Many are waiting for that first lost to come to take the knives out.
          They even tried to use Taremi's saga to some degree to turns things against him, thank god the level of professionalism among our footballers are raised somewhat. To give you a point of reference, do you recall the saga that not inviting Khodad Azizi to Team Melli by Blzevitch caused.
          Progress is happening in Iran, not as fast as we like, but it is still there. Even Iranian federation with this new guy (Azizi Khadem), is acting much better compared to the two previous predecessors Kafashian and Taj.
          Sorry, if I misjudged you, I just saw two posts from you about set pieces and recalled the old days, how you and I were the black sheep for not liking Branko's performance in WC 2006.
          Best of luck dada.
          Last edited by Ali Chicago; 12-24-2021, 04:55 PM.

sigpic

Comment

^ The post on set pieces is what I believe as legit criticism.
            But that doesnt mean I dont believe he's performed waaaay beyond our wildest expectations.
            For a no-name coach taking over TM at its near death-bed to turn out 10 wins out of 11 games (31 points out of possible 33) is simply miraculous.

Comment

Guys, what do you think about Kiroush's situation in Egypt? It seems he continues doing what he was doing in Iran (treating Egyptians not in polite ways) and he seems to be in trouble.

sigpic

Comment

He will probably miss us as he find the difference between us and them, and how our players wanted to adapt and embrace the tactics.
                He will probably miss our media aswell after this afc cup.. Guess once you go Irani..
                this cup probably came to quick to get the tactic changes in place compared to expected results.
                He will enjoy a world cup thats his goal and thats the main goal. but the egyptian fans wants to win this cup first and it doesnt go hand in hand with his tactics and the time it takes to get it in place. and it doesnt seem to attract their players either.
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Ali jaan, so glad to see you back. You definitely have been missed!

Although in the beginning I was skeptical of Skocic's appointment as TM coach, but with time he has dictated his worth to everyone, especially those critical of his stature for such position. Wish him and our TM lots of luck. At this point I believe he is our best option and he deserves to hold on to his title!

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
                    Salam Doostan,

Hopefully old timers remember me. I see things haven't changed much even after my almost 10 years of absence. Doctor Doom is still critical of the head coach. I am kidding Dr. Jaan. Anyhow, almost 10 years or maybe more. Just figured to stop by and say hello.

Two Points:
                    1. Carlos Quierosh
                    2. Skocheech

I am so glad, I stayed away during the Carlos Quirosh days, or else, I would have been getting a lot of hate by Quiersh supporters. Anyhow past is past. Long live Iran and Team Melli.

I have a lot of respect for Skocheech and what he has accomplished. I know a lot of people are counting the time for first defeat by national team to say " I told you so". But hey so is life. What he has done and how he stood up in Taremi case, really added to my respect for him.

Great job by Vahid Hashemian and Mehdi Mahdavi Kia as well, we really need this past generation of our legioners to bring their experience and professionalism from Europe to Iran.
                    This didnt age well, CQ is back lol 😁
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                    X