No announcement yet.

Alireza Faghani Matches & Progress to Qatar 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alireza Faghani has been selected for the World Cup and will be representing Australia and Iran:

https://www.footballaustralia.com.au...p-qatar-2022tm

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Good For him- I am happy for him. He deserved better country than Islamic Republic.

Comment

FIFA says he’s repping Iran

https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/1da4b8...2022-Qatar.pdf

Comment

He's repping Iran there. Announced from back a few months before, he's just reffing in Australia to prepare

Comment

Comment

He is the Brazil vs Serbia march. Today at 11am PST

Im almost as excited for it as a TM game!

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                He is the Brazil vs Serbia march. Today at 11am PST

Im almost as excited for it as a TM game!
                Serbia is a strong side. Aside TM this is the team I am most curious to see play.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Masterclass performance from him today. No VAR interventions

Comment

Anyone watched his game tonight?

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

Comment

Correct call on the penalty today
                      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                        Correct call on the penalty today
                        It wasnt the correct call. FIFA laws clearly say that the arm can be used to support a slide tackle and if it gets hit, it isn't handling. VAR completely screwed him over. Should've went with his gut instinct and said no PK.

Comment

when VAR people upstairs tell you to look at the monitor you change the call. Its as simple as that if you want to be kept on into the latter stages.

Faghani has good chance of reffing final

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            when VAR people upstairs tell you to look at the monitor you change the call. Its as simple as that if you want to be kept on into the latter stages.

Faghani has good chance of reffing final
                            Not necessarily, VAR can make errors too - it is a human being up there interpreting the laws. VAR referee - Al-Marri- didn't take into the account the IFAB guideline on handball, which allows a player to use their arm to support themselves during a tackle, or an arm that is in the process of being used.

Bottom line is the responsibility falls more on VAR for the error - but Faghani ultimately made the final decision. He could stick to his own which he has done before.

Comment

By the way, I hope I'm wrong - it's possible that FIFA changed their directive for these situations for the tournament. We don't know. I'm just taking into account the laws that we have when it comes to using the arm to support the player's body.

Comment

As Hosseini said, it was incorrect and should not have been called.

Just like my other post in the other thread about Lahoz, I will use the words of reputable former FIFA-referee Jonas Eriksson who nowadays works as a sports pundit on Swedish national TV. Before the game, Eriksson praised Faghani, calling him the best referee in the tournament and his personal favorite to officiate the final beforehand.

After the game Eriksson said the penalty call was incorrect and FIFA themselves quite recently made it very clear what to call in a situation like that. He did however defend Faghani and solely put blame on the VAR-team. Faghani himself did not want to call it a penalty at first, but the VAR-team made an error by forcing Faghani to have a look at it. He said that you could see on Faghani's body language that he didn't feel good about this decision.

The broadcaster asked why Faghani just didn't oppose the VAR decision then, but Eriksson said as a referee when VAR calls you over it is quite hard to defend yourself and there is pressure from FIFA to follow VAR's instructions.

Then they talked about how FIFA removes referees from futher officiating if they make a significant game changing mistake and discussed whether Faghani following VAR would favor him or not as this is in the FIFA protocols afterall. Eriksson praised Faghani and called his perfomance outstanding overall and said that the penalty call was not a big of a game changer (Portugal was leading 1-0 and the game was almost over), but that it could still haunt Faghani for the rest of the tournament. He said it depends on what FIFA's investigation results in, but a better decision would rather be to remove the VAR-team from further officiating.

Comment

Working...
                                X