Iran vs Syria Post Match Ratings - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iran vs Syria Post Match Ratings

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,487 Times in 3,718 Posts

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leicester City For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,967 Times in 1,238 Posts
    My take on the game/upcoming games..

- Hajsafi and Shoja should be placed on the bench. It's time to get Majid Hosseini back acclimated into TM and the upcoming 4 games would be great to give him that opportunity. Shoja makes way too many mistakes that would easily hurt against a stronger opponent in the WC. Hajsafi just plays so poor, Ghoddos should be playing over him.

- Abedzadeh looked solid, but Beiranvand still has the higher ceiling.. I would play Abedzadeh the next two games and get more games under his belt, but i would prefer Beiro in the WC.

- Saeid/Noorolahi pairing is looking more and more solid. Ahmad Noor is impressing me more and more.. Hopefully Ali Karimi can get healthy and replace Sarlak in the squad.

- Amiri is a tank and needs to start EVERY game in the midfield. LB is a question mark but I think Milad gives us best opportunity over Noorafkan.

- Hoping to see more minutes for Allahyar in the upcoming 4 games.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naderb94 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,313 Times in 5,057 Posts
    Pics from game

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Abtin For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,734 Times in 4,001 Posts
    The good:
    1- Amiri. Enough has been written on him by you all. Cant add much more.

2- Nourolahi's shooting. We need someone to take shots outside the box, especially when we face crowded defense.
    He missed all 3-4 of his shots but they were done correctly and at right times. Most importantly, not too far from being on target. With a little precision, he can turn this into a game winning schtick to cement his place in TM.

3- Abedzadeh. He gains some confidence. It also pushes beiranvand to pull up his socks and get serious.
    He did quite well. Even his risky exit to kick the ball was nowhere near Beiranvand's dumb dribbling attempt

4- Kanaani- A very solid performance, nullifying an asian star and someone almost one who foot taller and bulkier than him.

5- The team:
    The team seems to be gelling better by the game.
    That means a lot of the problems it's been having were due to lack of friendlies and test games to allow the lads to get to know each other's game.
    Even on this horrible, terrible pitch you could see better team movement.
    Imagine if we do have some decent preparations and test games. The team would be lethal

The not so good:
    1- Moharami seems didnt learn from beiranvand's mistake in lebanon: play to the whistle.
    perhaps he's played way too much football recently.
    a little bench time, like beiranvand, might do him well

2- Gholi's over-doing his dribbling when a quick shot might do the job.
    Otheriwse he was quite decent.

3- I wish Ghoddos had got some minutes to redeem himself.
    I hope now that we're almost qualified, he will get more chances.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Doctor DOOM For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    abedzadeh b
    moharami c
    shoja c
    kanani c+
    norafkan c+
    ahmad noor b
    saeed b
    golizadeh b
    hajsafi b
    amiri a
    sardar b

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    Damet garm bro. Tough to find free time while at work but I'm back and let's all post our ratings!

Abedzadeh: 7.5, was great today. Distribution was phenomenal and much better than Beiranvand's distribution. Looked quite calm in goal and had some great exits. Prefer Abedzadeh over Beiranvand going forward but I wouldn't mind them sharing game time.

Moharrami: 7.5, was superb on defense and great going forward! Definitely has the RB position on lock, he is phenomenal. My only complaint with Moharrami is that he has to be very careful and not lose focus! Today he did the same thing as last game against Lebanon where he thought the ball was going out and it almost bit him in the a**! Had to subtract -.5 for that or else he would've gotten an 8 from me.

Shoja Khalilzadeh: 3, absolutely atrocious. Nowhere near team melli material. Would've gave him a 1 or 2 but his second half was a 4 rating so I give him a 3 overall. Seriously this guy should never get called up again for his awful play the last few games. Absolutely terrible... His club form is horrible too. Turnovers, bad passes, awful touches, poor clearances, bad positioning, and awful aerial ability... Majid Hosseini should start, and PAG needs to heal up ASAP

Kanaani: 8.5, Best player in the back line. Was tremendous in neutralizing Al-Soma and Al-Mawas. Also had to cover for Shoja's ass constantly. Provided some amazing through balls like one to Azmoun in the first half that could've been a chance. Aerially he was a ROCK. Won everything in the air on defense. Was just amazing! Need him and Majid in the back for now

Noorafkan: 6, played an OK game. Not as good as he was versus Iraq but overall solid. Can look vulnerable on defense at times...

Ezatolahi: 8.5, what a player this guy is! Amazing game from him! defensively he was DOMINANT. Broke up every single play in the midfield. Passing was great too! Hell even his pace was much better today! Just excellent!

Nourollahi: 8.5, His best team melli performance to date for me. Was superb controlling the tempo in the midfield with great plays, excellent defensive awareness and positioning, and outstanding shooting. No wonder Bagheri prefers him.. He was just outstanding today. Ran his ass off a la Amiri too! Well done!

Hajsafi: 7, Played a lot better than I expected! Sure, he had 1-2 bad passes but comparing that to Shoja's 10-11 bad passes 1-2 is not that bad. His vision was actually great today, I was impressed. Defensively he was a bit slow to react but still he wasn't bad. And what a great penalty goal by the captain!

Amiri: 9, MOTM. I can't say enough about how good this guy is... I mean wow this guy is something else vaghan... His engine is outstanding! Passing and vision tremendous! And he doesn't get too fancy or make any dumb turnovers in the final third like Gholizadeh. He's had 3 assists in two games. Just phenomenal.. Player of the year for Team Melli! This guy deserves a top Euro club no joke.

Azmoun: 7.5, great holdup play and a wonderful timed run and goal! He's still our best striker, but I wish he would've buried that sitter that Amiri fed him in the second half!

Gholizadeh: 6.5, would've been a 5.5 but his goal is an automatic +1 rating. What a finish! Besides the goal I found him quite weak on the wing.. He was turning the ball over left and right and couldn't get passed the Syrian defense. I prefer ARJ on the wings, especially against better teams, with Gholi off the bench for ARJ in the 60-70th minute.

SUBS:

Sarlak: N/A, invisible. Couldn't really judge but didn't do anything wrong.

Allahyar: 7, always great energy off the bench. Love this guy!

Ghayedi: N/A, got bodied by some Syrian LOL

Ansarifard: N/A

Coaching: 8, gotta give props to Marijo Tot and Dragan Skocic. They did an excellent job and got 3 solid points against Syria in a hostile environment and not a great pitch. Job well done!
    Great summary - almost agree entirely.

Nourallahi has really impressed in the last few games - he's come on in leaps and bounds. Shoja and Kanaani have reversed their fortunes from the start of this campaign where I thought Kanaani looked the weaker link and Shoja looked a class act. The usual standout acts remain so - Amiri and Ezza in particular.

I think other people are still being overly harsh on Skocic. He's done an incredible job, and we should be grateful. Sure, there have been mistakes and he could've done some things better - and I've been puzzled by some of his subs etc. But they've worked and given where we were when he took over the guy deserves a medal. Hard to fathom how much criticism he's getting given the almost complete dominance against teams that we have historically struggled against. Now he's bought himself some time and breathing space to test out and integrate new players into the starting line up and improve the squad. Not sure what more we could have wished for, given the circumstances and the state that crook Wilmots left us in.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zereshk-ali For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,967 Times in 1,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicester City View Post

This rating system is a joke. Hajsafi's rating is quite laughable. He has a higher rating than Saeid and a similar rating to Amiri lol
    Also no way should Shoja have a higher score than Kanaani

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to naderb94 For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,126 Times in 409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naderb94 View Post
    This rating system is a joke. Hajsafi's rating is quite laughable. He has a higher rating than Saeid and a similar rating to Amiri lol
    Also no way should Shoja have a higher score than Kanaani
    Absolutely agree. According to this Saeid was the worst player on the field. That is laughable. I him rated second after AMIRI. The one thing that did surprise me was that Ehsan won every one of his challenges. But offensively he was bad.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PEJ For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,000 Posts
    At last one game, that we didn't have to dial 911 thinking our heart is going to stop!!

Team did well and all players contributed to the success with varying degrees. Top rating goes to Amiri for being a non stop engine of the team and the lowest goes Haj Agha Safi for the usual sparks of brilliance!

Coaching was right on the mark.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kavian For This Useful Post:

PFDC News Editor
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,240 Posts
    Anyone else get major anxiety when Hajsafi stepped up to take the PK?

I know he scored but I can remember so many times he's skied it or hit the post (Iran Iraq match coming most recently to mind) It's kind of crazy they allowed him to take it

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hosseini For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 187

You do not have permission to view the list of names.