Iran vs Syria Post Match Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    Damet garm bro. Tough to find free time while at work but I'm back and let's all post our ratings!

Abedzadeh: 7.5, was great today. Distribution was phenomenal and much better than Beiranvand's distribution. Looked quite calm in goal and had some great exits. Prefer Abedzadeh over Beiranvand going forward but I wouldn't mind them sharing game time.

Moharrami: 7.5, was superb on defense and great going forward! Definitely has the RB position on lock, he is phenomenal. My only complaint with Moharrami is that he has to be very careful and not lose focus! Today he did the same thing as last game against Lebanon where he thought the ball was going out and it almost bit him in the a**! Had to subtract -.5 for that or else he would've gotten an 8 from me.

Shoja Khalilzadeh: 3, absolutely atrocious. Nowhere near team melli material. Would've gave him a 1 or 2 but his second half was a 4 rating so I give him a 3 overall. Seriously this guy should never get called up again for his awful play the last few games. Absolutely terrible... His club form is horrible too. Turnovers, bad passes, awful touches, poor clearances, bad positioning, and awful aerial ability... Majid Hosseini should start, and PAG needs to heal up ASAP

Kanaani: 8.5, Best player in the back line. Was tremendous in neutralizing Al-Soma and Al-Mawas. Also had to cover for Shoja's ass constantly. Provided some amazing through balls like one to Azmoun in the first half that could've been a chance. Aerially he was a ROCK. Won everything in the air on defense. Was just amazing! Need him and Majid in the back for now

Noorafkan: 6, played an OK game. Not as good as he was versus Iraq but overall solid. Can look vulnerable on defense at times...

Ezatolahi: 8.5, what a player this guy is! Amazing game from him! defensively he was DOMINANT. Broke up every single play in the midfield. Passing was great too! Hell even his pace was much better today! Just excellent!

Nourollahi: 8.5, His best team melli performance to date for me. Was superb controlling the tempo in the midfield with great plays, excellent defensive awareness and positioning, and outstanding shooting. No wonder Bagheri prefers him.. He was just outstanding today. Ran his ass off a la Amiri too! Well done!

Hajsafi: 7, Played a lot better than I expected! Sure, he had 1-2 bad passes but comparing that to Shoja's 10-11 bad passes 1-2 is not that bad. His vision was actually great today, I was impressed. Defensively he was a bit slow to react but still he wasn't bad. And what a great penalty goal by the captain!

Amiri: 9, MOTM. I can't say enough about how good this guy is... I mean wow this guy is something else vaghan... His engine is outstanding! Passing and vision tremendous! And he doesn't get too fancy or make any dumb turnovers in the final third like Gholizadeh. He's had 3 assists in two games. Just phenomenal.. Player of the year for Team Melli! This guy deserves a top Euro club no joke.

Azmoun: 7.5, great holdup play and a wonderful timed run and goal! He's still our best striker, but I wish he would've buried that sitter that Amiri fed him in the second half!

Gholizadeh: 6.5, would've been a 5.5 but his goal is an automatic +1 rating. What a finish! Besides the goal I found him quite weak on the wing.. He was turning the ball over left and right and couldn't get passed the Syrian defense. I prefer ARJ on the wings, especially against better teams, with Gholi off the bench for ARJ in the 60-70th minute.

SUBS:

Sarlak: N/A, invisible. Couldn't really judge but didn't do anything wrong.

Allahyar: 7, always great energy off the bench. Love this guy!

Ghayedi: N/A, got bodied by some Syrian LOL

Ansarifard: N/A

Coaching: 8, gotta give props to Marijo Tot and Dragan Skocic. They did an excellent job and got 3 solid points against Syria in a hostile environment and not a great pitch. Job well done!
    Great summary - almost agree entirely.

Nourallahi has really impressed in the last few games - he's come on in leaps and bounds. Shoja and Kanaani have reversed their fortunes from the start of this campaign where I thought Kanaani looked the weaker link and Shoja looked a class act. The usual standout acts remain so - Amiri and Ezza in particular.

I think other people are still being overly harsh on Skocic. He's done an incredible job, and we should be grateful. Sure, there have been mistakes and he could've done some things better - and I've been puzzled by some of his subs etc. But they've worked and given where we were when he took over the guy deserves a medal. Hard to fathom how much criticism he's getting given the almost complete dominance against teams that we have historically struggled against. Now he's bought himself some time and breathing space to test out and integrate new players into the starting line up and improve the squad. Not sure what more we could have wished for, given the circumstances and the state that crook Wilmots left us in.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

This rating system is a joke. Hajsafi's rating is quite laughable. He has a higher rating than Saeid and a similar rating to Amiri lol
      Also no way should Shoja have a higher score than Kanaani

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
        This rating system is a joke. Hajsafi's rating is quite laughable. He has a higher rating than Saeid and a similar rating to Amiri lol
        Also no way should Shoja have a higher score than Kanaani
        Absolutely agree. According to this Saeid was the worst player on the field. That is laughable. I him rated second after AMIRI. The one thing that did surprise me was that Ehsan won every one of his challenges. But offensively he was bad.

Comment

At last one game, that we didn't have to dial 911 thinking our heart is going to stop!!

Team did well and all players contributed to the success with varying degrees. Top rating goes to Amiri for being a non stop engine of the team and the lowest goes Haj Agha Safi for the usual sparks of brilliance!

Coaching was right on the mark.

Comment

Anyone else get major anxiety when Hajsafi stepped up to take the PK?

I know he scored but I can remember so many times he's skied it or hit the post (Iran Iraq match coming most recently to mind) It's kind of crazy they allowed him to take it

Comment

Amiri was MOTM, and by far, following by Nour.
              Regarding to Moharrami, in one occasion, he almost committed the same mistake as the last game when he let his guy pass him and he just watched him.
              This guy will get exposed vs fast speedy team.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                Amiri was MOTM, and by far, following by Nour.
                Regarding to Moharrami, in one occasion, he almost committed the same mistake as the last game when he let his guy pass him and he just watched him.
                This guy will get exposed vs fast speedy team.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                this was ahmad nor
                best tm match ever
                amiri was everywhere

moharami and shoja both will get exposed
                exactly against semi speedy teams
                s.k exposed them both
                problem iswe might have shoja replacement
                BUT MOHARAMI MAYBE ISTHE BEST RB we have.
                daneshgar shoyld get a call up

Comment

Just some pointed comments on players:

Shoja - SHOCKING today. Mixup with Kanani nearly gave Syria a goal. Horrendous passing.
                  Noorafkan - Was consistently exploited by the dribble on his side. Does not inspire confidence on defense. If the Syrians can beat him that easily, Koreans or other WC opponents will target our left a bunch.
                  Moharrami - did this guy seriously not learn from his mistake vs Lebanon? Even Amir was furious with him. So incredibly stupid of him to just shut off like that…
                  Amiri - MOTM
                  Saeid - Bullied them
                  Ehsan - as mediocre as expected

Comment

Few thoughts:

Moharrami - I don't think he had a good game, personally. He has a tendency to zone out (which is terrible for a defender). Also, he needs to work on his crosses. We really have issues at both RB and LB.

Amiri - I just can't get over how good he is. He's such a cerebral player. He's had two consecutive MOM performances. If Taremi's absence showed one thing, it's how good Amiri is. He's one of the first names on the team sheet.

Nour - Probably his best TM performance. He has a very high work rate, and a great shot. He was unlucky to not score today. Also, I realized he didnt get any love on PFDC (myself included) for scoring the game winning goal last match. We all pretended it didn't happen. It's between him and Saman for the last CM spot. I rather have Saman, but I am starting to see Nour's qualities. I also think he's better further up the pitch rather than as a CDM.

Gholi - I know he's frustrating at times, but he has the talent to change the game with one movement. That goal he scored was really amazing and isn't getting the credit it deserves. He's a typical gol-kouchik player, wants to dribble everybody, and doesn't know when to pass, but he can change the match with one slick movement. It's between him and JB for the RW spot.

Comment

I would like to rate the technical staff as very poor (for all my support of the results they've got);

As many have mentioned, we are literally WASTING set pieces by the dozens in each game.
                      We cant afford to do this. Especially if we want to face decent teams and participate in the WC.
                      How many chances wld a team like Iran get against a European team? 1, 2, at the most 3? chances are most of those will come off set plays, instead of open play.

And the fact that we havent done jack against pisspoor asian B and C level teams on setplays is extremely worrying.

Do we not have tall and bulky guys to be the target of these balls? Yes we do: kanaani, shoja, ezatollahi, azmoun, Taremi, Karim, even Sayadmanesh (and hopefully soon , Zahedi).
                      so no excuses there.
                      Do we not have players who can send accurate balls to pre-determined zones? Yes, we do: Ghoddos, JB, Gholi, ...

so we do have all the tools and elements needed.

The only missing link here is the team doesnt practice this enough or doesnt have at least 3-4 different routines to implement this.
                      This is simply UNFORGIVABLE for a team heading to the WC.

Some say the squad gets together for a few days only and needs time to run these routines enough number of times so it becomes engraved in our players' minds.
                      To an extent I agree.
                      But In the past few months we have had enough time to work out at least a couple of routines.

If there's something I seriously worry about this team, it is this wastfulness

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                        I would like to rate the technical staff as very poor (for all my support of the results they've got);

As many have mentioned, we are literally WASTING set pieces by the dozens in each game.
                        We cant afford to do this. Especially if we want to face decent teams and participate in the WC.
                        How many chances wld a team like Iran get against a European team? 1, 2, at the most 3? chances are most of those will come off set plays, instead of open play.

And the fact that we havent done jack against pisspoor asian B and C level teams on setplays is extremely worrying.

Do we not have tall and bulky guys to be the target of these balls? Yes we do: kanaani, shoja, ezatollahi, azmoun, Taremi, Karim, even Sayadmanesh (and hopefully soon , Zahedi).
                        so no excuses there.
                        Do we not have players who can send accurate balls to pre-determined zones? Yes, we do: Ghoddos, JB, Gholi, ...

so we do have all the tools and elements needed.

The only missing link here is the team doesnt practice this enough or doesnt have at least 3-4 different routines to implement this.
                        This is simply UNFORGIVABLE for a team heading to the WC.

Some say the squad gets together for a few days only and needs time to run these routines enough number of times so it becomes engraved in our players' minds.
                        To an extent I agree.
                        But In the past few months we have had enough time to work out at least a couple of routines.

If there's something I seriously worry about this team, it is this wastfulness
                        It is just a priority. With one or two practices before each game, it must be difficult to spend too much time on set pieces. But yesterday, there was a trick play that they almost pulled off. Amiri stood next to corner taker as if it was going to be passed to Amiri. However, the ball is passed to the top of the box. Amiri starts running toward goal and the guy at top of the box one-touches it back to Amiri. The pass to Amiri was a little too strong and Amiri could not get to it, but a sweet idea. I bet they just talked about that play and never practiced it. Hard to practice in hotel lobby!!! They really need one of those 4 week camps before WC.

Comment

Good game overall:

Ezzi is essential to this team. He is just too dominating at this level. Seems to have shed a few pounds. Once again controlled the midfiled and won nearly all challenges. but the coaching staff needs to find a backup, because shit happens.

Amiri had an outstanding game again. Was everywhere.

Gholi, despite his late goal was disappointing.

Noorafkan was a bit wobbly. All of defense was getting a bit complacent sitting behind Ezzi.

Abedzadeh was solid, but not really tested. Somehow he inspires more confidence than Beiro.

Azmun changed the tone of the game with his goal. Solid first, second touches and cool finish.

We are still missing a solid playmaker AM. Salmani could be that guy. He needs to get more chances to show what he can do at this level.

Like to see more of Allahyar, Ghaedi, Saman, Salmani.

Special credit to Hajsaifi for not hitting the stadium clock with his penalty. Actually a solid take.
                          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Abedz - 7 - nicely weighted passes, displayed confidence, good job on the crosses
                            Moharrami - 5 - His runs are mistimed, and he completely fell asleep again - will be punished against better opponents. He should have learned after what happened last game.
                            KHalilzadeh - 5 - lots of mistakes and poor passes, but apparently he was playing with an injury. I know you guys want Hosseini to be tested out but he doesn't compliment Kanaani well. Hosseini and Kanaani are both really good physical defenders who aren't very fast. PAG is the natural replacement for Khalilzadeh. Hope we can find a really solid CB soon.
                            Kanaani - 7 - great in the air, shame he isn't more athletic.
                            Noorafkan - 6 - (7 going forward, 5 on defense) - he doesn't have defensive ability unfortunately. Really need MOhammadi to regain form.
                            Ezatollahi - 8 - Really really good in the first 60 minutes and then got tired. He protects our defense really well when he's in shape. Great distribution and calm.
                            Amiri - 8.5 (MOTM) - everyone has said what you can. Complete package.
                            Hajisafi - 5 - Not good enough. Yeah he scored a penalty but he doesn't have it anymore.
                            Gholizadeh - 6 - The field didn't help him at all, but he has to be more incisive and make better touches. Great goal though.
                            Nourollahi - 7 - though it was the normal game from him. I don't think he's as good or as as bad as some make him out to be. He's pretty much the same every game.
                            Azmoun - 7 - would grade him lower if he hadn't scored. Missed a sitter. Enjoyed his defensive contribution and playmaking too.

Sayyadmanesh - 6.5 - not bad, not great.

Rest of subs - not on long enough to grade.

Skocic: 6/10 - the system was right, but he selected the wrong players for it. It was a disappointing lineup for me but we won 3-0.

I actually think we didn't play that great (even compared to the Lebanon game), but somehow we could have also scored a lot more goal. It was a very uneven game in that sense.

I also can't emphasize enough that the fields in Lebanon and Jordan were both really bad and not helpful to our more technical players.

Let's hope for a confident and emphatic qualification in front our fans (male and female) in Azadi stadium in January.

Comment

Working...
                            X